Anyone attending Hyderabad test?

Haven't collected ticket yet.

I have travel to Secunderabad to get the ticket. Travelling 20km just to get tickets which I already bought online - just didn't feel like going there. 

They should have added more collection centers or option for courier. I don't know whether I will get it tomorrow or not as they advise collecting it a day before.

Any idea whether tickets can purchased offline or not?

10 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Haven't collected ticket yet.

I have travel to Secunderabad to get the ticket. Travelling 20km just to get tickets which I already bought online - just didn't feel like going there. 

They should have added more collection centers or option for courier. I don't know whether I will get it tomorrow or not as they advise collecting it a day before.

Any idea whether tickets can purchased offline or not?

This is why Test cricket has low attendances. When are millions of smart phone users, you would have thought that BCCI in conjunction with the stadium management can get mobile friendly tickets sent straight to your phone. In the UK If you buy tickets a year in advance they send you the tickets via first class post straight to your home address.

Alternatively ( like in the UK) you can get an email confirmation to you which you can print out and take it to the ticket office in the stadium.. simples. Making you travel 20km to pick something up which can be emailed to you shows there are a few grey cells missing somewhere.

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

This is why Test cricket has low attendances. When are millions of smart phone users, you would have thought that BCCI in conjunction with the stadium management can get mobile friendly tickets sent straight to your phone. In the UK If you buy tickets a year in advance they send you the tickets via first class post straight to your home address.

Alternatively ( like in the UK) you can get an email confirmation to you which you can print out and take it to the ticket office in the stadium.. simples. Making you travel 20km to pick something up which can be emailed to you shows there are a few grey cells missing somewhere.

For IPL they do this. Tests are ignored for some reasons. 

Today attendance was close to 10,000. So numbers aren't so low for them to ignore all this.

18 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Someone just kill me.

Ticket counter is 2 km from station and they have 1 counter for all types of tickets - online or offline.

One you manage to get your tickets, stadium is another 10 km from counter.

*ing brilliant whoever came up with this idea.

The HCA guys seem to be oblivious to the people residing in the western/southern part of the city..

The HCA guys seem to be oblivious to the people residing in the western/southern part of the city..
I live 8 km away from the stadium. Feels little silly that I would have to go all the way to Secunderabad just to collect the tickets. That would be 16 km and to add salt to injury I would need to go via the stadium.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Ye kis angle se international stadium lagta hai kisi ko?

This stadium was built 15 years back and easily one of the worst stadium I have visited in India. 

Looks ugly and structure already looks old and incomplete.

Compare this to even grand old Eden Gardens and even that is much better managed. Guess HCA doesn't get much funds from BCCI.

Can’t believe in this day and age, we are not using e-ticket to let people into the stadium and instead making them collect their paper ticket from remote areas.  
Oh no. Secunderabad station (assuming the collection point is close to it) is anything but remote. It's more or less center to the twin cities. The stadium itself is at the corner of the city.
But yeah, it's not the 90s to go through all this ticket collecting nonsense.

This stadium was built 15 years back and easily one of the worst stadium I have visited in India. 

Looks ugly and structure already looks old and incomplete.

Compare this to even grand old Eden Gardens and even that is much better managed. Guess HCA doesn't get much funds from BCCI.

Credit goes to YSR who made a mess by wanting to name the stadium after Rajiv Gandhi. It was supposed to be named after Visakha, the company responsible for building it. Once HCA opted for former PMs name Visakha made quick exit. The initial plan had roof across most of the stadium.

38 minutes ago, nikred said:

Oh no. Secunderabad station (assuming the collection point is close to it) is anything but remote. It's more or less center to the twin cities. The stadium itself is at the corner of the city.
But yeah, it's not the 90s to go through all this ticket collecting nonsense.

Going through ticketing isn't bad idea, but keeping it at completely different location is bad.

CAB does same thing and you can get tickets just near the stadium, you don't have to go to different route to do this.

There's a lot to moan about the ECB for but credit where it's due the way they organise selling tickets is excellent. Even if the tickets themselves are expensive. Tickets for all England matches (ex CWC) next sumner are on sale now and sent via email or post. Ashes is through a ballot system. Haven't entered as I already have tickets through Yorkshire membership and having bought tickets for Edgbaston and OT this summer, but haven't heard any complaints about it. Unlike for the WC run by the ICC which has been a disaster I hear. I've been quite lucky compared to others but only England match I managed to get was Afghanistan

Edited by YCCC
23 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Going through ticketing isn't bad idea, but keeping it at completely different location is bad.

CAB does same thing and you can get tickets just near the stadium, you don't have to go to different route to do this.

but why we need to to go through ticketing , if we can get e tickets ? :hmmm: 

even for movies , e-ticket is more than enough .. show the barcode , scan it and get in ..

if they cant do this in a place where 20/30k people might come and watch , we should screw them