4. Shaun Marsh,
  5. Peter Handscomb,
  6. Travis Head,
  7. Tim Paine (c),
  8. Pat Cummins,
  9. Mitchell Starc,
  10. Nathan Lyon,
  11. Josh Hazlewood

They drop Mitch Marsh and go with 4 bowlers only.   Strong indication that the track is going to be a bit more bowler friendly than the usual Aussie roads. 

I am more worried about #8-11. Together they'd add 200 runs minimum to the score.

17 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Rohit Sharma? Da fuq? What the hell this joker will do against Australian best bowlers? He better not be in the team or Kohli, one more ass whooping is coming your way. 

Australian batting still looks strong without Smith and Warner. 

Their #8-11 pose a serious threat. Everything else is a bonus. That No-hut clown keeps getting picked by these Bambi buccaneers.

Edited by Kothili
45 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Ashwin with the new ball in Australia??? :fear1:

:lol: .... conditions are likely to favor quicks so in the absense of the 4th pacer, hopefully, he can do a relatively better job than other spinners if required to bowl with a relatively new ball in the first session for e.g 

I have no big issues with Hitman playing, its not that this batting lineup is full of world beaters , however Ashwin starting again in a test series away is a poor decision. He never gonna win a match for Ind overseas against a capable side, thast for sure. They should have a taken a chance with Kuldeep.

That also shows how Kohli's thinking has changed. In a supposed aggressive move he opted for Karn Sharma ahead of Ashwin on the last tour. his fake bluster is being exposed time and again these days.

6 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I have no big issues with Hitman playing, its not that this batting lineup is full of world beaters , however Ashwin starting again in a test series away is a poor decision. He never gonna win a match for Ind overseas against a capable side, thast for sure. They should have a taken a chance with Kuldeep.

That also shows how Kohli's thinking has changed. In a supposed aggressive move he opted for Karn Sharma ahead of Ashwin on the last tour. his fake bluster is being exposed time and again these days.

Ashwin outbowled only relatively speaking Kuldeep on a green track last time they played together. Kuldeep is still not seasoned enough. On flat pitches or bouncy Aussie tracks yes he should be the first spinner but this looks like a green wicket.

As much as I detest Jadeja, he seems to be in decent rhythm and keeps consistency which is required on such pitches. So would pick him as the sole spinner. 

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Ashwin outbowled only relatively speaking Kuldeep on a green track last time they played together. Kuldeep is still not seasoned enough. On flat pitches or bouncy Aussie tracks yes he should be the first spinner but this looks like a green wicket.

As much as I detest Jadeja, he seems to be in decent rhythm and keeps consistency which is required on such pitches. So would pick him as the sole spinner. 

I am pretty sure, these Aussie hacks wont pick Kuldeep that easily, should have taken a chance for sure.