Pant's sledging behind the stumps

vvvslaxman

what attention whore.  This is the job of the keeper.  good to see a keeper giving it to opposition and not his own players.

His banter is fake as Khaleel and Hardik's wicket taking celebrations.
I wouldn't have minded if he talked or sledged - but it's looking like he's doing it for Indian cameras and not Aussie players.
Fake dude

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Sledge away pant, as long as it does use up too much energy and effect your glove work concentration .

Better then have silent do gooder behind the stumps cough cough

He said that he keeps talking to help keep his mind alert, due to the long hours of playing multi-day cricket.  It was a very honest answer.  

He isn't the best sledger, has a bit of an annoying voice, English isn't perfect.  But none of that matters.  

I just want him to work on, and improve his glovework, and footwork behind the stumps.  Let's see how he goes the rest of the series.  

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

He said that he keeps talking to help keep his mind alert, due to the long hours of playing multi-day cricket.  It was a very honest answer.  

He isn't the best sledger, has a bit of an annoying voice, English isn't perfect.  But none of that matters.  

I just want him to work on, and improve his glovework, and footwork behind the stumps.  Let's see how he goes the rest of the series.  

I think some chip is good.  Too  much and he will learn it effect concentration.  Its about finding the perfect balance.  Probaly has balance right already.

Also keeper is focal point of any team.  Keeper low energy levels then this spreads through team and they sleep walk espcailly lazy team like indians are usually.  Chirping away to all keeps own players up for it and energised

Glove work needs to improve.  But quite happy on glove work front, will defo get better and be good keeper imo

26 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Thats good isn't it? More annoying/irritating the better.

Should learn sri lankan accent in fact.

Dont need a harsha bhogle for sledging:phehe:

43 minutes ago, sandeep said:

No guarantees on that.  Footwork is showing the same tendencies and errors as on the England tour.  Don't let the excitement from his hitting make you gloss over the question-marks over his keeping.  

he preempts his moves quite early 

Honestly, keepers should not be allowed to chirp away until the bowler is literally milliseconds away from starting his run-up..This is not sledging - this is flat out annoying not fair sportsmanship.. I am all for unsettling the batsmen so that they focus on what is being said but there should be some limits on how excessive this can be.. If its ok for the keeper to endlessly blabber away why dont we just ask the square leg and silly point to dance routine to go along with it.. 

Edited by Ram