Dhoni scored 141 runs in his first Aus tour, can Pant score more?

9 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

emoji23.png
Lol...and what was he shielding tailender for today? This is where maturity comes. Its not as if India would have won the game anyway. Rather than cluttering his mind with the thought of saving Umesh, he should have just batted normally. Take it as a batting practice for next test. If he had done that, we might have batted little more than 1 hour. But he decided to go for ugly slog and got out same fashion again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yes that was immature ..... but he is only 20 ... he will learn ... and again there is this moron coach supposed to  guide him thru all these...

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

can't have a better reply to what @Austin 3:!6 posted. Dhoni overseas was bang average anyway and I am sure pant can do as good as Dhoni at home. Already started doing that. Dhoni averages 18-20 in Australia.  Pant has already done better than that.

You are too quick to belittle whatever Dhoni has done in even Test Cricket. Even if Pant does what Dhoni did in test cricket, I would be happy.Obviously he should overtake Dhoni with what he done in first class cricket so far, however just like Jadeja his 300 is also becoming a unsolved mystery.

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Pant on keeping alone is a major upgrade over Dhoni. 

Batting- one guy had no ability in overseas tests and the other clearly lacks temperament. But comparing a 20 year old with a old fart makes no sense. But for argument sake will call it even at this point.

No he hasn't, Pant so far has shown he can only take straight forward catches just like MSD. It's a given to make a name for himself he has to make runs.

Also, MSD played in test teams consists of ATG batting line up. So his batting was under used and often he came in a situation where quick runs needed before declaration. Pretty sure, if Dhoni played in a batting line we got today, he would hv much more impact. Its exactly like Eng 2014, when our batting was weak Dhoni shown great resiliance.

36 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

give him more time ... he has it  in him to succeed .... even in the 2nd inns here, he discarded a few runs to shield tail enders. He avg:s almost 30 in 4 inns in AUS .For a 20 year old, he is doing perfectly. Don't blame him for the short comings of proven hacks like  Rahul,Vijay,Pujara,Rahane,Umesh etc. And these are not  easy batting conditions either. Even the great Kohli  hasn't avg:ed 45 as of now in this series. That's where a rookie 20 year old wk  is being blamed for his 30 avg: . Some people's sense:wp22:

And everything is fine with the world again @sensible-indian :phehe:.

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Also, MSD played in test teams consists of ATG batting line up. So his batting was under used and often he came in a situation where quick runs needed before declaration. Pretty sure, if Dhoni played in a batting line we got today, he would hv much more impact. Its exactly like Eng 2014, when our batting was weak Dhoni shown great resiliance.

We were often looking to declare overseas?

3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

This is your dumest take yet. Now you're even embarrassing dhoni.

10 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

We declared 7 times overseas during his career. 

1. India scored 588/7 against WI. Dhoni 7 off 34 balls - quick runs

2. 434/7 against NZ - Dhoni 56 off 83

3. 391/9 against Eng - 11 off 30 balls

4. 269/7 against Aus - 20 off 58

5. 269/6 against WI - 5 off 14 balls

6. 180/6 against Eng - 36 off 79.

Neither are those "often" nor "quick runs".

Pant and Bumrah and Shaw could be the best thing g to have happened to Indian cricket, very good keeper , a natural and will improve. Batting wise he has skills, and temperament n is gutsy, this kid should be playing in all three formats.

For me it would be cruel to compare Pant with a gulli cricketer n scary cat like Dhoni he kept hiding behind tailenders n even made Afridi look like Bradman away from home

32 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

You are too quick to belittle whatever Dhoni has done in even Test Cricket. Even if Pant does what Dhoni did in test cricket, I would be happy.Obviously he should overtake Dhoni with what he done in first class cricket so far, however just like Jadeja his 300 is also becoming a unsolved mystery.

how it is mystery? he has 300 in domestic does not mean he can scorer 300 in test cricket but he already has a test 100 in debut overseas series.

54 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

emoji23.png
Lol...and what was he shielding tailender for today? This is where maturity comes. Its not as if India would have won the game anyway. Rather than cluttering his mind with the thought of saving Umesh, he should have just batted normally. Take it as a batting practice for next test. If he had done that, we might have batted little more than 1 hour. But he decided to go for ugly slog and got out same fashion again.

if he had not shielded the tailender, you would have been the first to make thread how Pant doesnt have any awareness of situation and he cannot shield a tailender like Dhoni used to do.

Edited by rkt.india
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

how it is mystery? he has 300 in domestic does not mean he can scorer 300 in test cricket but he already has a test 100 in debut overseas series.

Talking about temperament to score big score.Yes he scored that 100 vs Eng but afterwards it seems he would play false shot anytime, reminiscent of Afridi.

Dhoni used to drop a lot of catches too, people forget that because they all remember his "awesome" stumpings. The worst thing about him was that he used to stand at least 1 meter behind the ideal distance for a keeper, to give himself more time to collect, the balls always used to dip or die down as the catches flew to him & on case of slips they'd fall well short. Prime example being the England 2011 series, especially 1st test.

Edited by R!TTER
21 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Before Dhoni haye haye Kitty group attack starts, everyone even the TM is backing Pant rightfully. Frankly, I was his blind supporter till about 2 months but he has been a disappointment and his temperament bit shocking.

His temperament is not shocking. he is an aggressive batsman and that is how he has played all his FC cricket and scored runs there. Talk about temperament for a 20 year old.