CSK Fan

If Sri Lanka now win their test series in Australia

They are pretty low ranked team so you can't expect them to win there but i won't be surprised if they manage to draw/win few matches. Matthews and Mendis looks in good touch but they don't have pacers to win in overseas.

I wouldn't put it past the current Aus batting line-up to f-up against Lankan spinners (whovever they are fielding these days after Herath retired). But most likely, their batsmen will get decimated by Starc & Co.

It will take away a lot from India's series  win but I fully back Australia to come strong against the Lankans. The Lankan bowling  is no match to India's strong bowling line-up that was the difference between the two teams during the India -Australia series.  Even in batting department,  SL have no batsmen like Pujara or Kohli in their side. This could be the series for Australia to salvage some pride. 

Edited by rageaddict

un capped Pucovski whose average in FC cricket 49.00 in domestic picked up by aus along with Renshaw and Joe Burns.All other including Harris, siddle and Labu also retained

srilanka without Angelo Matthews in the first Day Nighter test at Brisbane

but expects to play at Canberra (2nd test - last of the series} which completes the series.

Winning a fame which requires you to do well over 2 innings is what sets apart pajama cricket.

Stranger things have happened in cricket but stranger things don’t happen much in 5 day cricket.

Lanka can compete well but Australia to win. Australia competed well against India, its not like it was one sided series. 

Floodgates will open. Aussies will panic big time if that happens!

Looks unlikely with Matthews out. One thing in their favor is that the bowling lineup is the same which has had a very tiring summer. It would have been good to get in some more fresh blood to support current bowlers

Australia will thrash sri Lanka on these pitches .theres a world of difference between India's batting especially the way they handled the pace trio of Australia and also the bowling which was relentless compared to the pop gun Lanka attack 

this is SL we are talking about. the same one that got whitewashed at home by Ind and Eng (admittedly 2 of the best teams around). they don't have the pace bowling resources, and their batting sans matthews is very weak too. moreover, ozzies are still butthurt from the walloping they received from us - I'm expecting them to pull their socks up and do better, i.e. defeat SL comprehensively.