Kuldeep might be in every Indian XI that plays in the World Cup: Ravi Shastri

https://www.crictracker.com/kuldeep-might-be-in-every-indian-xi-that-plays-in-the-world-cup-ravi-shastri/

Chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav is one of the two Indian bowlers who have five-wicket hauls in all three formats of the game and in Australia, the young spinner impressed all by picking a five-for in his maiden Test. The 24-year-old bowler now has 24 wickets from just six Tests and is a talent to look for after Jasprit Bumrah in the longer format of the game. Kuldeep has already made a place for himself in the limited-overs team and his performance in Sydney could see him sail smooth in the run-up to the World Cup in England.

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=41

Kuldeep has been a consistent performer with the ball over the past few months and his latest show in Sydney has made head coach Ravi Shastri feel that he is the team’s first-choice spinner when it comes to picking the playing XI for the mega tournament. Though the chinaman was the third-preferred spinner in Australia after Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja, the absence of the latter two spinners makes him along with Yuzvendra Chahal Team India’s main spin weapons in the limited-overs and a five-for in Tests makes Kuldeep’s claim for a spot in the WC even stronger.

Kuldeep might be in every Indian XI in the World Cup

“Kuldeep comes into the mix big time now (in the World Cup),” Shastri told India Today. “He might be in every Indian XI that plays (in the World Cup) because he has the advantage of a wrist spinner. We might need to choose between the other two finger spinners because wrist spinner now is the priority.”

Kuldeep’s five for 99 at the Sydney Cricket Ground helped India make Australia follow-onat home after a gap of over 30 years but the visitors could not go on and force a win because of rain on Day 5 which disallowed play. The drawn game though did not hurt India as they ended up winning the four-match series 2-1 – first time ever on Australia soil.

Cheteshwar Pujara was a key architect in the win scoring 521 runs in seven innings and that included three hundreds with the highest of 193 scored in Sydney. India’s bowlers also excelled by bowling out the hosts in all seven innings they played with Jasprit Bumrah finishing as the joint top wicket-taker with Australia’s Nathan Lyon as they had 21 scalps.

38 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

“Kuldeep comes into the mix big time now (in the World Cup),” Shastri told India Today. “He might be in every Indian XI that plays (in the World Cup) because he has the advantage of a wrist spinner. We might need to choose between the other two finger spinners because wrist spinner now is the priority.”

WTF !!

Was his place in the XI in any doubt before "now"?

Kuldeep is arguably the best ODI bowler in the world currently. In 2018, he had 45 wickets in 19 matches at an average of 17.7 and economy of 4.6

15 minutes ago, philcric said:

WTF !!

Was his place in the XI in any doubt before "now"?

Kuldeep is arguably the best ODI bowler in the world currently. In 2018, he had 45 wickets in 19 matches at an average of 17.7 and economy of 4.6

Exactly. How is it even a question? We're they considering Jadeja/ashwin to partner Chahal in WC? :facepalm:

On 1/9/2019 at 12:20 PM, express bowling said:

What is he talking about   ?

I  thought Kuldeep was one of the 5 confirmed spots for WC 2019.

I would think he is one of the 6 confirmed spots. Bumrah, Kuldeep, Dhawan, Rohitman, Kohli and the Greybeard (sadly).

Kuldeep form is worrying, Chahal bowled so much better than Kuldeep, none of mystery, turn or Googlies  worried Aus batsmen

And picked no wickets when defending 350 score.

I think Kohli even lost confidence in Kuldeep and only gave him 9 overs. And he is such a slow runner in the field and struggles to chase down the ball

2 minutes ago, chewy said:

Kuldeep form is worrying, Chahal bowled so much better than Kuldeep, none of mystery, turn or Googlies  worried Aus batsmen

I think Kohli even lost confidence in Kuldeep and only gave him 9 overs. And he is such a slow runner in the field and struggles to chase down the ball

he has regressed badly over the past few months. However, I doubt if TM will drop him for shami

1 minute ago, chewy said:

Yes he looks low on confidence. I do hope he plays against NZ. 

57 minutes ago, Vilander said:

has to be done against BD and Pak.

Personally, I'd rather see Shami in for Kuldeep given his current body language. However, TM has a habit of playing cricketers when they are not in a good space (mental/physical) and excluding them when they are in good form.