Captain Clueless

This is where I miss people like Kapil paaji , Dravid, Kumble, Sachin in side. Everytime a youngster came, they were there to give advise. Here, Our captain says this player is sooo talented and then, when he is playing, he either goes on holiday, or shouts at him on his very first mistake, or keeps unsttling him at various positions. And then one day, player is dropped for good

1 minute ago, mishra said:

This is where I miss people like Kapil paaji , Dravid, Kumble, Sachin in side. Everytime a youngster came, they were there to give advise. Here, Our captain says this player is sooo talented and then, when he is playing, he either goes on holiday, or shouts at him on his very first mistake, or keeps unsttling him at various positions. And then one day, player is dropped for good

All i see, staring, glaring, throwing the ball in anger. Tactically found wanting

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

All i see, staring, glaring, throwing the ball in anger. Tactically found wanting

I did not see the game but if he cannot keep his temper under control he has no business leading the team. having said that it is too late for a change.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

this is why he looses crunch moment as captain, such body language affects the whole team . If ull watch CT 2017 highlight again ull see it again. In a games things wont go always ur way, thats where a captain has to be calm 

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is soft stuff but here it goes about his behaviour:

If India Wins, You will see that he will jump and show his emotions, but instead of coming towards team, He would walk towards pavallion while rest of team is 10 metre behind. Whoever has advised him to portay  "so called lead from front image" has given him poor advice. Because everytime I see that, I call one spoilt brat who is clueless how match is won and taking all credit in front of cameras. Alternatively, it may be that no player wants to walk along with him.

As far as tactical bit is concerned, We are lucky to have pace factory which does what is needed each time. As I have maintained, A pace bowler plays the game directly against batsman and doesnt require captain/keeper to do anything. If it wasnt  resilience of Chepu, whom he repeatedly tried to finish, He wouldnt have anything in all his career to show off.

Finally, Sirji loves his time off the cricket.

wasn't this guy posting random stats to justify bad performances of his fav players .... if we have to go by stats:

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query
Involving the captain V Kohli (INDIA) remove V Kohli (INDIA) from query
Totals in terms of batting team switch totals
Ordered by win/loss ratio (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 1 of 1   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Team Span Mat Won Lost Tied NR W/LDescending Ave RPO Inns HS LS  
India 2013-2019 68 49 17 1 1 2.882 48.09 5.81 68 404 158

Edited by zen
3 minutes ago, mishra said:

This is soft stuff but here it goes about his behaviour:

If India Wins, You will see that he will jump and show his emotions, but instead of coming towards team, He would walk towards pavallion while rest of team is 10 metre behind. Whoever has advised him to portay  "so called lead from front image" has given him poor advice. Because everytime I see that, I call one spoilt brat who is clueless how match is won and taking all credit in front of cameras. Alternatively, it may be that no player wants to walk along with him.

As far as tactical bit is concerned, We are lucky to have pace factory which does what is needed each time. As I have maintained, A pace bowler plays the game directly against batsman and doesnt require captain/keeper to do anything. If it wasnt  resilience of Chepu, whom he repeatedly tried to finish, He wouldnt have anything in all his career to show off.

Finally, Sirji loves his time off the cricket.

I was not happy with Dhoni doing the field set most of the time. Thought it was more like show off. Looks like Kohli completely surrendered his onfield captaincy to Dhoni especially when spinners are on.

Stats when the moon comes out, mostly at a 45 degrees angle:

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query
Floodlit matches day/night match remove day/night match from query
Involving the captain V Kohli (INDIA) remove V Kohli (INDIA) from query
Totals in terms of batting team switch totals
Ordered by win/loss ratio (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 1 of 1   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Team Span Mat Won Lost Tied NR W/LDescending Ave RPO Inns HS LS  
India 2014-2019 46 34 11 1 0 3.090 48.77 5.97 46 404 237
15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

this is why he looses crunch moment as captain, such body language affects the whole team . If ull watch CT 2017 highlight again ull see it again. In a games things wont go always ur way, thats where a captain has to be calm 

May be he has a contract with some firm to fist pump, abuse, shout. BC no sensible captain does that. Not even Ricky Ponting

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I was not happy with Dhoni doing the field set most of the time. Thought it was more like show off. Looks like Kohli completely surrendered his onfield captaincy to Dhoni especially when spinners are on.

Yes, I havent seen many times, but every time i have watched limited overs on field, It was Dhoni doing all donkeys work. And thats why, all my posts allways pointed out this particular angle.

6 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

May be he has a contract with some firm to fist pump, abuse, shout. BC no sensible captain does that. Not even Ricky Ponting

You will see, when Dhoni walks towards pavallion, he will have 2-3 players talking to him. Infact every player will have another player talking to him except Kohli. He is Johny Walker of Cricket who walks alone.

Most Indian fans cant see this because, Indian tele, advert appears even before the umpire has fully raised the finger.

45 minutes ago, mishra said:

Wasn’t he who said that he is not even 10 percent of what ShubhmanGill is at 19. Then you drop him after couple of failures. Captain Brainfade ?

on a side note..what the hell happened to Shaw ? Has he recovered or not ?

Edited by nitinbwj