Who is the favorite for the WC?

zen

Favorite for the WC  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the favorite for the WC?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2019 at 04:00 AM

Australia is the overwhelming favorite. They will smash their opponents in SF/F just like in 2015 WC. Eng may top the group stage and have a run like 2015 NZ. India will be smashed to smithereens in semis purely because of our short-sightedness these last 4 years. 

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Australia is the overwhelming favorite. They will smash their opponents in SF/F just like in 2015 WC. Eng may top the group stage and have a run like 2015 NZ. India will be smashed to smithereens in semis purely because of our short-sightedness these last 4 years. 

have you taken a visit to the lala land forum recently? They think their 80-100 SR batsmen and superstar bowlers like Amir are going to bring in the cup home. :two_thumbs_up:

Imo this is England's cup to lose. Completely changed their style of play after last WC debacle & and it has gave them pretty good results. An explosive batting order which never seems to end thanks to the bunch of capable pacers & spinners who aren't dud with the bat. Basically they have all their bases covered.All they need to do is keep a check on their nerves to avoid a repeat of CT17. 

Aussies have peaked at the right time & you could never underestimate them. While India might reach the semis if they play sensibly but going by the record in last few years they'd falter in the semis against an inspired opponent.

12 hours ago, Aiden said:

Why no Pakistan in poll? They won the last ICC tournament in England

"Other" .... note that no team that won CT has gone on to win the WC .... and this WC has a round robin group stage so a tougher challenge (cannot get away by beating a few Asian teams + good/lucky days in KOs) 

Edited by zen
37 minutes ago, zen said:

More of a dark horse than a favorite but still voted for WI because of it can deliver exciting cricket :drool:

If Ind is going with Dhawan, Rohit, Rayudu, Dhoni, Jadeja, Bhuvi, etc., it could be like backing a yawn fest at times :yawn2: 

Absolutely I will be delighted if WI win the cup, they are playing a brand of cricket I love, so much flair !!!

WI have the knack of winning big tournaments. During their dark phase they have a CT and 2 WT20s. The CT triumph was in England, so won't write them off. Teams like Eng, NZ, RSA don't scare me much because they will get the stage fright in big matches, they don't have the experience of winning big tournaments. Eng is still formidable plus host country, but NZ/RSA....I'll be more wary of WI/Pak/SL in a potential SF/F match than these 2 teams. 

Edited by Gollum

Based on momentum it is hard to argue against Australia. Based on familiarity with home conditions it is England. If India sorts it batting woes I think Kohli and his man could win it.

1. a. Australia

1.b. England

2. India

I doubt if someone else wins it.