Zimbabwe Suspended by ICC

29 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Gutless ICC. They want to invest money win USA because thats where they know they can make money, but can not at the same time also help boards like Zimbabwe or Kenya who have shown in the past that if handled properly, they can be real asset to be one of the top 10 cricket playing nations.

Zim board has been leeching ICC money for decades.  Can't just blame the ICC blindly.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Zim board has been leeching ICC money for decades.  Can't just blame the ICC blindly.  

USA cricket did the same. Old board used to be called USACA here and all of them got fired. Eventually, ICC took over here and reformed the board. There is a new team, new coach here now. They got the best of the best to USA realizing the potential USA has and the money which they already made from USA. 

Now think about that, if ICC would have taken over Zimbabwe cricket a while back, things could have been different. ICC tries to act like police but they really are bunch of hypocrites. They could easily interfere. Zimbabwe is not like Bermuda or Venezuela cricket team where the cricket is hardly played, it's a team which consistently made it to World Cup and also had test status. They could have saved Zim cricket way too early. They still can. This suspension is absolutely sad for the players of Zimbabwe. 

SA doesn't have Government Interference ? Remember the quota system ?
India doesn't have government interference ? Who appointed the CoA ?

Pakistan's cricket administrators are appointed by the PM of pakistan who's the patron-in-chief of PCB
Interference of Srilankan Govt is always there.

Same case with Bangladesh as well I'm sure.

So ICC going after a weak team like Zimbabwe has more to do with them feeling that Zimbabwe is dispensable. Pretty sure they can't sanction any of the asian boards or south africa 

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

While this thread is defiantly not a place to talk about it.  If USA cricket skyrockets to top ten teams I will defiantly support it more than Pakistan cricket. With the sort of sporting culture we have in the USA they will keep the team professional. The idea of them getting talent from all 50 states is almost scary to think about. Our sporting culture is top notch. I am kind of sick of the politics played in Pakistan cricket. I want to see a nation I live in come up the ranks. 

This is sad news for Zimbabwe Cricket. The players especially. However if ICC is investing in USA cricket its the right move imo.

I like the fact USA cricket is growing. I am in same boat as you in terms of supporting. I am fine with ICC supporting it, but my whole thing is that at the same time they shouldn't let the little boards/countries disappear like that. Zimbabwe has given many brilliant cricketers and have been very competitive at the world stage, you can't just distribute funds you can manage their funding or structure too just like you are trying to do for USA cricket. 

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

While this thread is defiantly not a place to talk about it.  If USA cricket skyrockets to top ten teams I will defiantly support it more than Pakistan cricket. With the sort of sporting culture we have in the USA they will keep the team professional. The idea of them getting talent from all 50 states is almost scary to think about. Our sporting culture is top notch. I am kind of sick of the politics played in Pakistan cricket. I want to see a nation I live in come up the ranks. 

This is sad news for Zimbabwe Cricket. The players especially. However if ICC is investing in USA cricket its the right move imo.

It will be interesting if that happens because the very foundation of post independence America was based on rejecting everything British. Which is why there never was a monarchy, informal culture, American english being very different and of course baseball.

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

USA cricket did the same. Old board used to be called USACA here and all of them got fired. Eventually, ICC took over here and reformed the board. There is a new team, new coach here now. They got the best of the best to USA realizing the potential USA has and the money which they already made from USA. 

Now think about that, if ICC would have taken over Zimbabwe cricket a while back, things could have been different. ICC tries to act like police but they really are bunch of hypocrites. They could easily interfere. Zimbabwe is not like Bermuda or Venezuela cricket team where the cricket is hardly played, it's a team which consistently made it to World Cup and also had test status. They could have saved Zim cricket way too early. They still can. This suspension is absolutely sad for the players of Zimbabwe. 

Well this was possible in the US instance, because the ICC could operate in a safe legal environment and execute a successful re-organization.  In Zimbabwe, if they send in business executives to try that, they are likely to get murdered.

I agree that Zimbabwe cricket needs help, and that we don't want to lose a decent team - but its not the ICC's fault here that the Zim board and the entire Zim govt is a den of corruption and crime.  

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Cricket  is a difficult sport to master at the elite level, I do not see a US team competitive in men's cricket for at least 15 years.  Womens'  cricket is quite possible in 10 years.   

Be right back, I'm going to bowl a few to my 3 yr old daughter ;)

14 hours ago, gattaca said:

How is the this not true for every cricket board ? BCCI has politicians, so does PCB, Sri Lankan board heck former pm of Australia was involved with cricket and lost to dalmiya for ICC post. 

Having politicians and govt interventions are two different things which is not the case in BCCI. 

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Zimbabwe cricket board is controlled by govt. How could ICC have taken over it when govt controls it?