Hashim Amla retires

Norman

3 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Why did he always choke in big tournaments? Does that not hinder his legacy?

There is no rational explanation for his failings in big tournaments or SA team in particular. He was a delight to watch & scored heavily since 2010. For me his legacy would always be those fine innings which he made it look so simple like triple hundred at the Oval, 253 n.o. at Nagpur, his century at Perth.

Edited by Turning_track

One of the greatest in the world. 

He holds the odi record for quickest runs to 2000,3000,4000,5000.6000.7000

Im glad he is the first person to go past 300 in test innings in South Africa. 

South Africans keep on talking about Barry Richard's and graemme pollock as the best batsman South Africa has ever had. Amla is number 1 test batsmen with Kallis

Amla is certainly a SA great atleast in tests if not overall. Can't forget that series in India where it was impossible to get him out. He has scored runs in India, Aus and Eng the big 3 in all sorts of conditions. 253 in India and 311 in Eng his 100 in the decisive test in perth. Also comes across as a good guy unlike rat who goes mc bc everytime. Congrats on a great career Hashim Amla and good luck on your post retirement life

16 hours ago, The Hound said:

Great test #3. Still remember that 2010 home series against SA where he batted like he would never get out. 

o my god yes i remember evven thelast test in kolkata morne morkel and amla nearly drew it for SA.amla was not out 127..