Easiest Semifinal opponent.

Easiest semifinal opponent.   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Easiest semifinal opponent.

Well looks like all the semi final spots are already decided half way through the tournament.  It will most likely or definitely be Australia, India, England and New Zealand in the last 4 (barring if proteas stage a sensational comeback beating Aus, Nz etc or some rain luck favouring Lankans or Bongs ). 

So who do you think will be the easiest opponent to face cometh the semis ? 

Edited by Norman
43 minutes ago, Norman said:

Well looks like all the semi final spots are already decided half way through the tournament.  It will most likely or definitely be Australia, India, England and New Zealand in the last 4 (barring if proteas stage a sensational comeback beating Aus, Nz etc or some rain luck favouring Lankans or Bongs ). 

So who do you think will be the easiest opponent to face cometh the semis ? 

A bit early to say who the easier opponent would be at this point as many teams gain momentum  or lose steam (unless an ATG team) towards the end. Injuries to key players can negatively impact a team too 

As the tournament progresses, pitches could become relatively difficult to bat on.  On current status, if had to pick one, it would be NZ as it can be put under pressure relatively easily. Aus is mentally tougher, while Eng appears to have improved (or at least that is the impression it gives) :dontknow:

4 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

we are most likely finishing 1st and play australia in the semis,i would take it .

If we finish first, then we will play the 4th placed team. I don't think Australia is going to finish 4th or even 3rd. I don't see them dropping points from here on , even against England. 

Most likely we'll play England or New Zealand and I'll take both of them above them Aussies. They just scare the ape **** out of me in a knockout situation. :afraid:

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

If we finish first, then we will play the 4th placed team. I don't think Australia is going to finish 4th or even 3rd. I don't see them dropping points from here on , even against England. 

Most likely we'll play England or New Zealand and I'll take both of them above them Aussies. They just scare the ape **** out of me in a knockout situation. :afraid:

australia are not that great,very top heavy like us and have only 2 bowlers of note.i would rather play them  than england who can bat till 10 or kiwis who have a good all round team.

I honestly don't care at this time. We can win or lose to anyone. If you reach top four in such a cut throat competition, that means each team is capable of beating anyone on their day. As much as it will suck to lose to any team in semi final, say Australia, but then we must beat them eventually if we are to win the World Cup. So I am fine if we play them in semis. We did beat them in Quarter Finals too in 2011 wc, which I must say was much higher pressure as we were playing in India and were favorites to win that and had the added pressure of our own public watching us in our own stadium.

Time to play fearless cricket. We already are playing somewhat, just need to continue to do that. 

4 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

australia are not that great,very top heavy like us and have only 2 bowlers of note.i would rather play them  than england who can bat till 10 or kiwis who have a good all round team.

It's anyone's game in the KO, having said that I'll back Aus to beat Eng 9/10 times in a SF or final of any world event especially WC. I'd say if more of our players get in form & middle order bats through, they haven't done jack till now, then we have a better chance against Oz or England. The World XI is highly overrated IMO, especially their bowling!