Jump to content
Cricketics

How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Vilander said:

There is a schedule. Periodic easing and staggered infection giving the best chance to get some people immune in the interim. Get lower risk people out while maintaining social distance for risk groups. 

I think its not possible the way this thing spreads. 

 

Hope summer and heat theory holds up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FischerTal said:

one good thing happening for India is the number of deaths is quite low. even if the number of people who actually have the virus have not been tested to full capacity yet, that only indicates the mortality rate is even lower than the current figure.

Also the ratio of positive cases to total no of testing is pretty low ,only 3.5 K out of 80k are positive. 

India have started extensive testing and will increase their rates to more than 10k tests per day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yesterday's, Karnataka doing ok compared to other Southern states. 

Image

One is the combined data of the states which is shown in covid19india.org and the other is the data from ministry of health ,which are shown in the media as well ,both dont match at all ,not even close .

The ministry said 78 deaths by today 4pm ,here it was showing 100+ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adi B said:

One is the combined data of the states which is shown in covid19india.org and the other is the data from ministry of health ,which are shown in the media as well ,both dont match at all ,not even close .

The ministry said 78 deaths by today 4pm ,here it was showing 100+ 

The same question was asked by a TV journalist too. To which the Maharashtra minister of state replied that when death occurs in the ICU the Intensivists tend to attribute death to the final cause of death, which could be a stroke or ischemia or whatever. Though corona virus could have exacerbated the existing situation and cause the demise. There is a lack of uniformity in filling those forms.

At the end of the day the Dean of the hospital decides cause of death reviewing each case. If the reporter has his/her contact as the Intensivist, they get "live" updates which vary from the well analyzed update that the hospital puts out at the EoD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The same question was asked by a TV journalist too. To which the Maharashtra minister of state replied that when death occurs in the ICU the Intensivists tend to attribute death to the final cause of death, which could be a stroke or ischemia or whatever. Though corona virus could have exacerbated the existing situation and cause the demise. There is a lack of uniformity in filling those forms.

At the end of the day the Dean of the hospital decides cause of death reviewing each case. If the reporter has his/her contact as the Intensivist, they get "live" updates which vary from the well analyzed update that the hospital puts out at the EoD.

Yeah was thinking the same ,thanks for the clarification ,this clears the conundrum .

Iirc on March 19 there was a death reported in jaipur hospital which was linked with Corona but the patient had a heart attack , this tracker counted it as a death from corona while the ministry didnt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also to folks in New Jersey Laaloo, Coffee and Sandeep (Also folks I am missing out on). My friend lives in CT and he went on a shopping spree at Patel brothers on Friday as he was told they were totally shutting down for now in the Ny NJ CT area

 

Atleast in the Philly area they have grocery stores open both Indian and Regular supermarkets.

Edited by maniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, maniac said:

Has anyone heard from tics @Cricketics recently. I have family in the DC area and I have been told the situation in Maryland,Delaware,DC area has gotten worse.

 

stay safe bro

Here, Maryland, governor, a Republican - Larry Hogan, was actually the smartest of all governors. Close down the state even before WHO called Covid19 a pandemic. Yes, we were one of the first states to lockdown, because of our proximity to DC/Virginia as DC is supposed to be the next epic center.

 

Things are actually mild here in our county, even though cases have gone up, the deaths in our county are still low. 

 

Stay safe all. It's just few months and then we will be back to regular soon hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Also to folks in New Jersey Laaloo, Coffee and Sandeep (Also folks I am missing out on). My friend lives in CT and he went on a shopping spree at Patel brothers on Friday as he was told they were totally shutting down for now in the Ny NJ CT area

 

Atleast in the Philly area they have grocery stores open both Indian and Regular supermarkets.

 

my brother stays in newark/nj .. he said other than limited restrictions , things are going on as usual .. people are not bothered to wear masks as well it seems 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, velu said:

 

my brother stays in newark/nj .. he said other than limited restrictions , things are going on as usual .. people are not bothered to wear masks as well it seems 

Maybe NJ is better off than CT and Ny which are in trouble. NJ is the Pakistan of USA anyways :phehe: so forget about such etiquette but I was concerned for our friends from there.

 

surprised though Newark is much closer to NYC  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK  Prime minister Boris Johnson is intensive care and Man City Coach Pep's mother I believe passed away due COV1D19 this just go show how dangerous the virus is 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Konica Kapoor got tested positive 5 times it means she was tested negative 4 times. This karo na virus is very dangerous, jo log recover hue hai unka sure nahi ki positive phir se hoyenge ya nahi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

কেন্দ্রের পাঠানো PPE-র রং নাপসন্দ মুখ্যমন্ত্রীর, সম্ভবত ব্যবহার করবে না রাজ্য

 

Mamata doesn't like colour of PPEs provided by Centre, so Bengal unlikely to use them. 

 

The other day she got angry with a reporter who asked whether any TJ member had been tested +ve. This after Bengal govt didn't update its list for over 72 hours, even now unclear. She blamed the reporter for being communal and called off the press conference.

 

Even God can't save this state. Worst leader in the history of independent India.

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Life Won't Be Same Ever": Odisha First To Extend Lockdown Till April 30

 

Quote

Bhubaneswar: 

The Odisha government today announced it has extended the lockdown over the COVID-19 pandemic till April 30, becoming the first state to do so as the number of patients infected by the novel coronavirus continues to rise across the country.

Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has asked the centre not to start train and air services till April 30. "Odisha cabinet decides for extension and also recommends to union government to do the same," the state government said in a statement.

"Coronavirus is the biggest threat that the human race has faced in more than a century. Life will not be the same ever. All of us must understand this and face it boldly together. With our sacrifice and with the blessing of Lord Jagannath, this too shall pass," Mr Patnaik said in the statement.

"Educational institutions will remain closed till June 17. Food security of people is of outmost importance. Agriculture, animal husbandry, MGNREGS related activities to be facilitated following social distancing norms," the state government said. "As earlier, free movement of goods transport will be allowed," it said.

At least 42 people have been infected by the novel coronavirus in Odisha. Two have died.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday suggested that the lockdown to check the spread of coronavirus will be extended and restrictions will not be lifted in one go after April 14. Several hotspots have been singled out in cities across the country for greater effort on isolating them completely.

Odisha is among the states that have made face masks compulsory for people stepping out of their homes. The others are Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh and Nagaland.

In a video meeting with leaders of all parties, PM Modi reportedly said he would consult with chief ministers but by all accounts the lifting of the lockdown "is not possible". He will hold a meeting with chief ministers on Saturday.

Many states and experts have requested an extension of the lockdown, given the rapid spread of virus cases and warnings that the infection could peak in the coming weeks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their PM is fighting it out in ICU. This racist newsmedia outlet has the balls to mock India in this time of crisis, fracking turd bastards, are begging for HCQ from :isalute:

I think BBC India is infested with people from JNU, AMU, JMI and likes of Zainab Sikander, Umar Kahlid, etc, who are genuinely anti-Hindu, anti-India.

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

India should do the same  , Muslims then be terrified of corona and will become obedient citizen.

No need to do what others do just for the sake of it. We must ensure all communities obey rules, that's all I ask, and those rules should be laid down based on proper medical/scientific advice. Religious rituals must take a backseat, if health ministry comes to a (scientific community backed) conclusion that all dead bodies should be disposed of by dissolving in some acid, all of us must STFU and abide by the directive. 

 

I made that post just to emphasize how SL has turned against its Muslim citizens, during the civil war Muslims by and large were on the side of the Lankan govt/army. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All libtards in print, wire, scroll, quint are advising Modi to not extend the lockdown till April 30th. I bet, if he had ended the lockdown on 15th, they would be outraging that it was too soon. This man , Vinod Dua, the meToo perp, is suggesting people to riot and hit the streets , if lockdown is extended. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

All libtards in print, wire, scroll, quint are advising Modi to not extend the lockdown till April 30th. I bet, if he had ended the lockdown on 15th, they would be outraging that it was too soon. This man , Vinod Dua, the meToo perp, is suggesting people to riot and hit the streets , if lockdown is extended. 
 

 

 

 

Kind of the opposite situation to the US. In US conservatives want to end lockdown, liberals want to extend lockdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...