Highly overrated films n Tv shows acc to you

Ankit_sharma03

Dont include films that earned crazy money but no respect...only films that received respect even though it may have not earned money. IMDB rating can be taken but they have also been changed by die hard fans.

For eg i knw few who consider andaaz apna apna overrated .

Neways here is a few i found overrated

DDLJ

Kuch kuch hota hai

Raja hindustani

rustum

Kesari

Padman

Paa

Fanna

Airlift

Aashiqui 2

Hera pheri 2 (off lately popular due to memes n in its days due to part 1 success)

The notebook

Notting hill

Joker

Dark knight rises

Baghban

K3G

My name is khan

Veer zaara

Jab tak hai jaan

Black 

Few south films

Kirik party

Pelli chopulu 

Oh my kaduvale

Charlie

Ustad hotel

Love mocktail

Thegidi

TV shows

How i met your mother

Big bang theory

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Generally agree with OP, Adding

Rustum

Baby

Gold, gave up on Kesari after watching AK ones, Airlift was much better than the above ones

Mars Mission

Friends , hate it. HIMYM on similar did it better, but then it got repetitive and predictable

Panchayat

AIB, facking lowlives

Russell Peters, latest

Money Heist

Hunger games after first

Now you see me

Atonement (borefest)

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 onwards

South

Bangalore Days (Mallu, started nicely, after first half, some *tard racing track was a letdown)

VIP2, Horrible Movie

Enai Noki Paayum Thota , gave up after an hour, does it get better, going back and forth in narration?) Dhanush is usually hit or miss

Unfair to include cult ones like BBT, Dark knight movies as it has niche following.

I don’t consider SRK, Sallu movies in overrated category, pehle it should be rated to call overrated. It is like charging Arjun Rampal for overacting. 

You should start underrated movies thread

Edited by coffee_rules

BBT went downhill after adding so many characters to the main cast, and it started deviation from it's core premise. I couldn't even laugh at a single joke the last few seasons. 

HIMYM got stale in the last few seasons as well, but not as much as BBT, the official ending of HIMYM was horrible though.

Friends first season, and last few seasons were pretty bad, it was during the middle seasons that reached it's peak. Friends was never that funny in the first place, it was more of an emotional show.

In terms of Anime, I find Death Note to be quite overrated, the last 10 episodes or so we're pretty average, not worth the hype.

Movies:

3 Idiots

Chak De India(certainly not SRKs best movie or performance, that was definitely Swades.)

Bond Films

Pre Ghost Protocol MI films

Pirates of The Caribbean franchise

Harry Potter franchise

Titanic

Edited by I6MTW

@Ankit_sharma03 Why the pretence?

You just made this thread to mock at DDLJ.

DDLJ may not have your 'respect', but it started the whole NRI romance genre which stuck around with Bollywood for the better part of the next decade and a half. And it has aged quite well. Even today the movie is very relevant, and maybe a few years down the line historians would use it as a benchmark of Indian popular culture of the 90s.

The very premise of a "hero" not using violence but hamming, crooning and playing guitars in mustard fields to win over the hearts and minds of a violent and honour bound girl's family. It is the very essence of Gandhigiri. When you don't respect DDLJ, you are in effect opposing everything that Mahatma Gandhi stood for. You merely failed to see Yash Chopra's subtle copying of Gandhigiri. I'd go as far as saying that DDLJ inspired the Munnabhai series too.

Also, if it weren't for this blasted CoronaVirus, DDLJ would be running non stop at Maratha Mandir since 1995. Only CoronaVirus could break this streak which is already a world record. And one that is unlikely to be broken.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Ankit_sharma03 Why the pretence?

You just made this thread to mock at DDLJ.

DDLJ may not have your 'respect', but it started the whole NRI romance genre which stuck around with Bollywood for the better part of the next decade and a half. And it has aged quite well. Even today the movie is very relevant, and maybe a few years down the line historians would use it as a benchmark of Indian popular culture of the 90s.

The very premise of a "hero" not using violence but hamming, crooning and playing guitars in mustard fields to win over the hearts and minds of a violent and honour bound girl's family. It is the very essence of Gandhigiri. When you don't respect DDLJ, you are in effect opposing everything that Mahatma Gandhi stood for. You merely failed to see Yash Chopra's subtle copying of Gandhigiri. I'd go as far as saying that DDLJ inspired the Munnabhai series too.

Also, if it weren't for this blasted CoronaVirus, DDLJ would be running non stop at Maratha Mandir since 1995. Only CoronaVirus could break this streak which is already a world record. And one that is unlikely to be broken.

Thats unfair to say....as if i have an agenda against ddlj... I wrote some 10-15 more films. DDLJ is very watchable n decet acc to me rather something like raja hindustani which was crass, but it gets way to much love n being one the best romantic films ...i mean like really 

Its my opinion u can name urs ....not to judge anyone we all have our choices.  

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

3 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Who the f rates HIMYM and BBT?

2 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

BBT and HIMYM haven't earned any respect. In fact the latter lost all of it after stupid seasons right from 6-10 not to mention the worst finale of all time. Another series I can think of is Dexter. Such promise and what a disaster last season. 

They are widely popular among huge population around world. U think many names i have mentioned among films were regarded highly by good critics or true film student nope.....

Its generally whats widely loved by audience. 

23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I think everyone knws deathnote last few episodes were very bad.

Yes it was. Certainly took a dive. Way too much hype for a show whose peak was short.

In terms of similar genres, Monster, Steins Gate and Code Geass were better anime. 

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Unfair to include cult ones like BBT, Dark knight movies as it has niche following.

i added dark knight rises....i love dark knight but not the sequel 

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You should start underrated movies thread

will surely soon