Veteran Actor Vinod Khanna Dies at 70 After Battle With Cancer

tweaker

Vinod Khanna was at his peak in late 70 and early 80s who started his career frrom Man ka meet as a villain in 1969 and was the only hero people thought could challenge Amitabh Bachchan as the superstar after blockbuster success of Qurbani but then he gave up everything and retired from films, even divorced his wife and became a devotee of Osho Rajneesh. He later came back after a few years but by that time, things had changed and several newcomers had arrived.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:35 AM, Gollum said:

No disrespect to Mr Vinod Khanna but when national media/social media/political class is more focused on his natural death than the ghastly fidayeen attack that murdered our 3 young jawans, there is something seriously wrong with this country.

Same all over the world, if a former actor dies in US, Fox News and CNN and MSNBC, the three big News Channel of US will be talking about it all day. 

It is understandable because they are more known to the public and hence people want to hear more about them.

Katappa didn't kill Bahubali, instead killed VK! Topical joke sorry!

If he hadn't gone to Osho, he would have become a bigger star than Amitabh for sure. Great screen presence, quite a commendable actor as well. pretty handsome (hard to admit even for a homophobic like me)

Edited by coffee_rules

Really very very saddened when I read the news. Could not even comment on it then. Somehow I felt when pictures of him being sick went viral, that he will fight it out and come out unharmed. Unfortunately, we lost him.

Have to say one of the most handsome dashing heroes that you will ever come across. If you ranked all Bollywood heroes across generations, he would come in top 3 best looking actors of all time for most people. In my opinion, he would be at the top.

Some of my oldest memories of him were while watching the movie Chandni. Till the very end, I was rooting for him hoping that he gets the girl, but alas, he didn't. Top actor, had great screen presence and could even eat up Amitabh Bachchan for lunch in movies they acted together.

Vinod Khanna, you will be missed!

On 4/29/2017 at 11:04 AM, Texan said:

Really very very saddened when I read the news. Could not even comment on it then. Somehow I felt when pictures of him being sick went viral, that he will fight it out and come out unharmed. Unfortunately, we lost him.

Have to say one of the most handsome dashing heroes that you will ever come across. If you ranked all Bollywood heroes across generations, he would come in top 3 best looking actors of all time for most people. In my opinion, he would be at the top.

Some of my oldest memories of him were while watching the movie Chandni. Till the very end, I was rooting for him hoping that he gets the girl, but alas, he didn't. Top actor, had great screen presence and could even eat up Amitabh Bachchan for lunch in movies they acted together.

Vinod Khanna, you will be missed!

Yes, the only hero of his time who Big B could not overshadow in his prime.