Suddenly Virat turning from wonder boy to supervillain

SK_IH

People are so getting it wrong...Virat's criticism is solely based on a pattern...

1)He flopped in the IPL...

Justification-no worries...it's just the frickin IPL

2)His LOI captaincy is a stark contrast to his test captaincy-

Justification-no worries....he just took over,has evolved leaps in leading in the test arena...just learning the ropes and may be just trying to emulate Dhoni in those formats whose record as a captain in that format speaks for itself.

3)His  reaction to the brainfade saga....

Justification-sure Aussies were the culprits here and he was rightfully pissed off..maybe his response even though was not polished enough,you can give him the benefit of the doubt for being transparent with his emotions.

4)His captaincy in the Champions trophy-

Justification-was poor but no worries the guy was leading from the front with the bat and despite tactical blunders his team made it to the final

5)Champions Trophy final- His body language was poor from the start...not like the Virat we knew...right from that Bumrah noball to his smile to Amir...he didn't look his normal self...made us miss the over the top emotional and brash Kohli.

Justification-may be he is turning over a new leaf of being a gentleman

6)Post champions trophy final- His laugh and body language at the presentation ceremony after a disastrous game...

Justification-it's ok it's just a game...pakistanis are our long lost bros

7)Kumble fall out saga

Justification- It's Kumble's fault

8)Backing Yuvi,Dhoni etc

Justification- Its the selectors fault

People have different opinion on each point but depending on how many above justifications you agree with,your criticism of Virat will be that much stronger.

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Absolutely getting pathetic lows 

Same case was with dhoni

I wasnt at ICF during previous captains , but the way it has been m sure even they wud have been equally hated

No lows...everyone here  wants him to still continue as the captain as he is still the best man to lead , everyone still thinks hands down he is the best cricketer in the side.

whats wrong if people want him to fix a few things?

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kumble was equally responsible for getting back yuvraj singh and even gambhir

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/gautam-gambhir-yuvraj-singh-bcci-india-vs-new-zealand/1/774309.html

I didn't blame him...pointing out all the criticisms against him...you don't have to prove me anything....how many of those points you disagree with is the main point.

If you disagree with all than great.

Just now, maniac said:

No lows...everyone here  wants him to still continue as the captain as he is still the best man to lead , everyone still thinks hands down he is the best cricketer in the side.

whats wrong if people want him to fix a few things?

Ill tell u whats wrong

M on no one side btw kumble n kohli, but here people have already choosen sides. 

My question - Was anyone in dressing room???

Look at the threads- Taming kohli????? really 

All those yarana stories- Did anyone put the story were kumble was keen on getting gambhir n yuvi back. I gave the story above 

Had the coach been Gora- I bet even if kohli was faulty as our preconceived minds our we wud have blamed that foreign coach . 

Everyoone wants him to be captain- Many are already asking for Rahane, rohit , n ashwin as replacements 

Atleast know the thing propely, every day a new story broke. Its easy for any news guy to make a story n add source has said so 

If a captain feels he is not gelling with a coach he has every right to ask his board for replacement, ultimately its a captains team. He still didnt make a drama for 6th mnths going by a quite way. Ganguly came out on star sports n started playing victim card and yet people was after chappel (told u the gora thing). Most indians already have reservation against Kohli expressive behaviour as they love good boys so they have preconcived notion to fault him without knowing anything

Blame him for his game, captaincy .....fine

Blame him for this saga once everything is out 

But wait till we know the whole thing.......

If people want to fix a thing fine.......but 1st know the complete problem. Bina cover khole engineering mat karo......yaha to sabne pehle hi ilaaj decide kar lia beemari ka pura pata nhin 

^ Kumble episode has changed everything. But after seeing him on field, I seriously think that it will be difficult for him to retain captaincy. Every batsman in Indian team is not as talented and a Gun as him. He needs to understand this limitation.

I hope he introduces new members in team and settles them before next WC.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ill tell u whats wrong

M on no one side btw kumble n kohli, but here people have already choosen sides. 

My question - Was anyone in dressing room???

Look at the threads- Taming kohli????? really 

All those yarana stories- Did anyone put the story were kumble was keen on getting gambhir n yuvi back. I gave the story above 

Had the coach been Gora- I bet even if kohli was faulty as our preconceived minds our we wud have blamed that foreign coach . 

Everyoone wants him to be captain- Many are already asking for Rahane, rohit , n ashwin as replacements 

Atleast know the thing propely, every day a new story broke. Its easy for any news guy to make a story n add source has said so 

If a captain feels he is not gelling with a coach he has every right to ask his board for replacement, ultimately its a captains team. He still didnt make a drama for 6th mnths going by a quite way. Ganguly came out on star sports n started playing victim card and yet people was after chappel (told u the gora thing). Most indians already have reservation against Kohli expressive behaviour as they love good boys so they have preconcived notion to fault him without knowing anything

Blame him for his game, captaincy .....fine

Blame him for this saga once everything is out 

But wait till we know the whole thing.......

If people want to fix a thing fine.......but 1st know the complete problem. Bina cover khole engineering mat karo......yaha to sabne pehle hi ilaaj decide kar lia beemari ka pura pata nhin 

Captain can't just ask to replace the coach unless the coach is doing some shady dealings like fixing etc...even then the captain will only report it.

If you hate your headmaster...you just do your work...don't ask the principal to change him/her that just sets a bad precedent.

Anyways the only complains I am hearing on Kumble is he was strict and implemented discipline?

what gelling? Is the coach there to make friends?

Just now, maniac said:

Captain can't just ask to replace the coach unless the coach is doing some shady dealings like fixing etc...even then the captain will only report it.

If you hate your headmaster...you just do your work...don't ask the principal to change him/her that just sets a bad precedent.

Anyways the only complains I am hearing on Kumble is he was strict and implemented discipline?

what gelling? Is the coach there to make friends?

Agree

If the problem has been 6 mnths old well he must have complained and there wud have been many meeting to sought issues between them but may be that was not to be

Coach- headmaster well that to much of power.  Classes are not run by captain, teams are so there is no conflict of power

Kumble was strict n discipline - again hard for me to digest in kohli's case as he has been the one of the most hardworking cricketer who has done a lot to achieve this. May be in case of other cricketers 

Ofcourse gelling is important be it coach n player or player n players 

In work space also u can have issues with ur friends, high chances people dnt gell professionally 

Someone like Mickey arthur who have had issues in SA n Aus setup is working well in Pakistani setup the toughest one.......with some it just clicks. Dressing room enviorment cant be tensed when there is already so much pressure on players 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Agree

If the problem has been 6 mnths old well he must have complained and there wud have been many meeting to sought issues between them but may be that was not to be

Coach- headmaster well that to much of power.  Classes are not run by captain, teams are so there is no conflict of power

Kumble was strict n discipline - again hard for me to digest in kohli's case as he has been the one of the most hardworking cricketer who has done a lot to achieve this. May be in case of other cricketers 

Ofcourse gelling is important be it coach n player or player n players 

In work space also u can have issues with ur friends, high chances people dnt gell professionally 

Someone like Mickey arthur who have had issues in SA n Aus setup is working well in Pakistani setup the toughest one.......with some it just clicks. Dressing room enviorment cant be tensed when there is already so much pressure on players 

mickey is working well so far because he is the boss in that setup,it has to be defined who has the authority coach or captain,captains have in most cases but with virat-kumble i dont see any issue regarding this but yes we dont know full story n will never know

6 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

mickey is working well so far because he is the boss in that setup,it has to be defined who has the authority coach or captain,captains have in most cases but with virat-kumble i dont see any issue regarding this but yes we dont know full story n will never know

yes thats the point we dont know the story , anyone can be fault or even no one can be . 

Here people have already choosen sides

9 hours ago, Lannister said:

For me, a captain should always perform and lead by the example. You rarely saw that with Dhoni. So, no, Virat is already a better captain than Dhoni, but I think given time he will be more matured.

As a captain Dhoni has done it all, won everything there was to win. Let me remind you played match winning innings to win us wc11; universally accepted as best finisher of the game. Like you even i want Kohli to win everything,  be the best captain in our history but why should it be at the risk of nor recognizing Dhonis legacy. I'll gladly take 1 each of WC, T20 and CT in the next 5-6 yrs under kohli and by the way if he does it then he only equals Dhoni. 

Why is there deliberate attempt to club together Kumble-kohli saga and CT final failure?

Yet again Kohli is criticised for his issue with coach and way it was handled due to Kohli's immaturity. Aren't these the same guys who were responsible for sacking of Harsha Bhogle for trivial issues? 

This has nothing to do with the lost game of CT final. Though based on few rumours his selection of few players is questioned. Again not to criticise him because he lost the final but his behaviour of backing his buddies.

Kohli fanboys are trying hard to portray that kohli hate is due to losing CT final. I can see dhoni like blind kohli fanboys army in a few years time. And it keeps on continuing: Sachin,dhoni and soon Kohli. Katzu was right after all. :facepalm: