Who can tame Kohli ?

55 minutes ago, Pollack said:

The point is if the issue is regarding egoes and (players) having their own way by hook or crook then dhoni is not the right person. Because he is the same.

Cant see many similarities between Dhoni and Kohli w.r.t to egoes and man management/player management. Dhoni played and captained far bigger legends and even more abrasive characters in his time. He also played under 4-5 coaches/managers who were both domestic as well as international. So it is pretty obvious that Dhoni knows a little bit about managing people and egoes.

And regarding Captain having a say in selection, coaches, etc - I strongly believe they should have a say in it. Eventually they are being judged the most on the results they provide. They have to have the proper supporting cast. Kohli deserves to have a say. He just need to be more mature in handling everyone around him. It is a big task and very overwhelming when so much is at stake and hence he can learn a bit or two from Dhoni who did it for so long.

Edited by Shunya
2 hours ago, Shunya said:

Sachin.

I dont think Indian team needs a head coach. There are already plenty of assistant coaches and trainer who does the coaching part anyways. We just need a manager/mentor type person. Doubt anyone can disrespect Sachin or put him down in any way. I think he does not hold any position in BCCI. 

would he be interested in traveling with the team on all those tours, i highly doubt it. Why would he, he has a family and a fortune would you travel so much if you had all that.

22 minutes ago, Vilander said:

would he be interested in traveling with the team on all those tours, i highly doubt it. Why would he, he has a family and a fortune would you travel so much if you had all that.

Why not? Doing something related to Cricket is always more exciting. Plus I dont think mentoring is a job that comes with a lot of pressure. Just like everyone else, its just a job for say 1 or 2 yrs. I can spare couple of years. Big deal, plus if he is fully loaded, he can even take family on vacation when on tours. 

5 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Why not? Doing something related to Cricket is always more exciting. Plus I dont think mentoring is a job that comes with a lot of pressure. Just like everyone else, its just a job for say 1 or 2 yrs. I can spare couple of years. Big deal, plus if he is fully loaded, he can even take family on vacation when on tours. 

dude he has kids right, they would need a permanent location to pursue what ever they are pursuing it wont be that simple for Sachin. 

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

dude he has kids right, they would need a permanent location to pursue what ever they are pursuing it wont be that simple for Sachin. 

Well, Okay.

I was not thinking about this from his personal perspective. Its a job, just like all of us and everyone in our Cricket team and other coaches. Its perfectly allright if he is not interested or not willing to do it. Lets not get into logistics about how he should handle it on personal level with his family. I was just suggesting his name as mentor because he can be more influential than anybody else w.r.t Kohli and team. 

9 hours ago, Pollack said:

Dhoni bhai was similar. Even now he isn't any less than Kohli. Here's some entertainment :

The crux of the matter is that some stars of Indian team, mainly MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Murali Vijay felt that the Mumbaikar used to ask tricky questions during interviews while his commentary was not India centric during last year's World T20.

His contract with Star Sports wasn't renewed as players reportedly made it clear to BCCI that they won't be interacting with Bhogle in front of the camera in future

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...-panel-2326676

"Then during the 2016 Asia Cup in Bangladesh, Kohli got infuriated by a certain observation of Bhogle. During India's group stage match against Bangladesh, Bhogle had said that Kohli was playing more shots than what he was scoring. Kohli was so frustrated with his display (he got out for seven), that after hearing Bhogle's comments, he directly asked the commentator, "Why did you make such comments?"

Bhogle had a great relation with Kohli before this incident and he did try to calm down the Delhi lad by sending him messages on WhatsApp but that didn't help."

That is hilarious. These players discuss what the commentators say about them?

14 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

"Then during the 2016 Asia Cup in Bangladesh, Kohli got infuriated by a certain observation of Bhogle. During India's group stage match against Bangladesh, Bhogle had said that Kohli was playing more shots than what he was scoring. Kohli was so frustrated with his display (he got out for seven), that after hearing Bhogle's comments, he directly asked the commentator, "Why did you make such comments?"

Bhogle had a great relation with Kohli before this incident and he did try to calm down the Delhi lad by sending him messages on WhatsApp but that didn't help."

That is hilarious. These players discuss what the commentators say about them?

Bound to have this 'I am the best' syndrome when people worship the players and the players themselves know this fact. One glance on twitter makes it clear. There is a top trend #IStandWithKohli :giggle: 

1 minute ago, tweaker said:

CAC comprising of Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, and VVS Laxman has unanimously decided to not consult skipper Virat Kohli before appointing the new Indian coach. 

These guys are my Hope. Thank you Gentlemen and hopefully, we can get new selectors who will not consult Virat in getting team. You can do whatever you want after that. 

On 6/22/2017 at 4:45 PM, Sandeep99 said:

Just wait for South African tour. I can envision the helplessness over the span of 4 tests. When Rabada sprints in and knocks over this hack's stumps.. what a sight it would be!

Depends on whether pitches are flat/spicy. On SA flat tracks, Kohli was very good last time. I'm hoping we will get to see authentic SA pitches this time - Morkel, Rabada, Steyn, Philander and Maharaj.

On 23/06/2017 at 2:32 PM, CG said:

Fame had gotten to his head and when his form suffered he was slapped by his childhood coach which brought him back to senses according to atul wassan.

Chalo.. need to find someone who can slap him :hehe: 

Bunty should slap and tell him his brand value is going down