KL Rahul down with fever; stays back in Colombo and now ruled out of 1st Test

SK_IH

I sincerely hope it is not Dengue Fever for KL Rahul  and hope he will get well soon. 

With all the respect to KL Rahul and his talent i don't think it is a serious blow to the Indian team against Sri Lanka. I am sure Mithali Raj and the 11 can take care of the Sri lankan team .......:phehe:

This tour will be a good practice for the Kohli and the Indian team  to gear up for the serious away series and to get the team formula right and gear up to beat the other teams...

So excited to see the Ravi Shastri Indian Team.. He is a Legend !!!!!

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I got to be honest. He is a talent but India cannot perpetually be in search for a replacement for him.

Sometimes I feel drop him forever and be done with it. Its a harsh call but needs to be made.

Lolwut ? Is he responsible for getting a fever ? :rofl:  If he got injured again, then may think he is not fit but having fever is not in his hands. 

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I got to be honest. He is a talent but India cannot perpetually be in search for a replacement for him.

Sometimes I feel drop him forever and be done with it. Its a harsh call but needs to be made.

true so that Rohit can play as opener..:hysterical:

4 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

yet BCCI is willing to risk the lives of the players..if any casualty occurs in SL it will be a travesty of the highest order. 

Yes true ! ..... May Gods Protect them All  ...Only use the Indian team have in Sri lanka is to have some match practice away from home. Apart from that there is no benefit at all for the Indian team or India. 

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/watch/dengue-sri-lanka

http://www.economynext.com/Hospitals_overwhelmed_as_Sri_Lanka_dengue_toll_nears_300-3-8383.html

28 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Now that Rahul is injured, I wonder if Kohli will move to 3 to facilitate Rohit at 4 and push Pujara to open again. This would be a perfect way to start project Rohit. :phehe: 

You think you fear that...I am pretty sure that'll happen with the sound blessings of the new head(less) coach!

1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

Now that Rahul is injured, I wonder if Kohli will move to 3 to facilitate Rohit at 4 and push Pujara to open again. This would be a perfect way to start project Rohit. :phehe: 

Yes, but slight change.

Kohli won't give up his No.4 position. Instead, he'll play Rohit at 3 and will try to edge out Pujara from the XI when Rahul and Vijay are back.