The pathetic cake smearing Indian birthday tradition?

Cricketics

It's a useless tradition. I don't know where it was picked up. I don't see it happening in western countries much. At least I have never seen them. A little piece of cake on the face okay fine. But multiple pieces? A full cake? That's a waste of cake and money. That really shows immaturity and lack of respect. Birthdays should be celebrated with sophistication especially when you grow order. I still see college students in my college and teens celebrating like this, throwing entire cakes on faces etc.

40 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

It's a useless tradition. I don't know where it was picked up. I don't see it happening in western countries much. At least I have never seen them. A little piece of cake on the face okay fine. But multiple pieces? A full cake? That's a waste of cake and money. That really shows immaturity and lack of respect. Birthdays should be celebrated with sophistication especially when you grow order. I still see college students in my college and teens celebrating like this, throwing entire cakes on faces etc.

The worst part is that people in India have started liking this. I am talking about the ones who get smeared on. I see people proudly putting b'day pics of them being smeared on by cake by their friends. They take pride in showing it off, how well their friends celebrated their b'day. Therir is apparently no realization of the wastage etc. 

40 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

The worst part is that people in India have started liking this. I am talking about the ones who get smeared on. I see people proudly putting b'day pics of them being smeared on by cake by their friends. They take pride in showing it off, how well their friends celebrated their b'day. Therir is apparently no realization of the wastage etc. 

Yeaa. It seems like a trend. And it "looks" cool to them. If you start lecturing them about this than they will just say you are a party spoiler etc. I mean cakes aren't free. They are expensive. Nothing comes free. Why on earth would people waste stuff they've spent 100s of rupees to buy. Especially in some cases where they buy the cake and smash the whole cake into a person's face as a prank/joke for fun. 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:21 PM, Cricketics said:

Yeh Cake bot bhaari padega inko watch out.

All these Habibis laughing there will get their @ss handed to them sooner or later by the king of jungle. 

Pehley cake se haath dho baithey ab g**d se haath dho baithengey.

Edited by raki05

On 10/16/2019 at 1:01 PM, kosingh said:

I believe Anushka has asked Virat to put an end to this tradition. Her husband's "boys" indulging in this kind of crude behavior makes her look classless.

Come IPL next year, you see more and more photos always emerging apparently. Hopefully the shyt comes to an end. Indian regular janta also needs to stop this cake smearing shyt. Apparently all the young folks love doing that too 

On 11/4/2017 at 11:47 PM, Cricketics said:

What do you guys feel about this tradition where all family, friends or team mates waste the whole freakin cake and throw it on your face? I see this done a lot among Indians mainly and of late seeing it followed religiously during IPL events or during any birthday celebrations of a teammate.

Do you like this? I honestly find it weird and useless tradition and waste of money and cake. 

Agle janamdin me cake tere pichhoare ragadenge. Khush?

ICC WTC should tie up with FAO and cut 2 points from a team's tally every time they waste a cake, others should follow suit even the circus T20 league. This madness has to stop somewhere. 

Edited by Gollum