Umesh Yadav has regressed under Kohli

1 minute ago, cowboysfan said:

this thread is laughable,to blame a captain for a poor performance in helpful conditions is sad.just look at bhuvi who is constantly working on getting better,umesh has always a sidekick his whole career.we have to seriously consider a replacement if yadav cannot contribute because a 3rd pacer who can actually take wickets is vital for SA tests.

isnt that what we did when Dhoni was captaining ? 

32 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

this thread is laughable,to blame a captain for a poor performance in helpful conditions is sad.just look at bhuvi who is constantly working on getting better,umesh has always a sidekick his whole career.we have to seriously consider a replacement if yadav cannot contribute because a 3rd pacer who can actually take wickets is vital for SA tests.

Lol this thread gives me a picture of an Indian guy first coming to do a job overseas and when he reaches late on first day at work, he gives an excuse that his parents didn’t teach him to wake up by himself and that he is used to being woken up by Mom with a glass of milk .

Lol I mean players are grown up and to blame someone else is so pathetic.

10 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I dont understand why they dont consider Bumrah for test cricket. In SA conditions he will be deadly.

Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah should be our main bowlers for tests with Umesh and Ishant being backups.

So icfs phasttt hack ll be kicked out of playing xi again by kohli ? LOL

Kohli has to get pandya in as well!!! So it could be the end of yadav. Brillant

Edited by Rasgulla
3 hours ago, New guy said:

Bhuvi used to bowl 6-7 overs under Dhoni per match. Never used to be given death overs at all. 

Fact is Bhuvi's pace has increased and credit solely goes to Bhuvi and his coach. So lets not take it off from him and give it to someone who is mostly a clueless captain and more into Bollywood celebrities

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He gave Umesh enough overs. So Can't fault Kohli here. Umesh looked like improving. I have noticed this thing. He is not great on those pitches that helps swing bowlers.  He has to improve his range as a bowler. 

Yes, Umesh solely relies on consistent pace. I still cant understand why cant he control the ball movement.

Oh cut it out will you,umesh to Me looked exhausted, the weather didn't exactly helped the cause either, it was very humid, even Shami was struggling may be he was concentrating on line and length instead of pace, coz he was struggling with humidity.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Oh cut it out will you,umesh to Me looked exhausted, the weather didn't exactly helped the cause either, it was very humid, even Shami was struggling may be he was concentrating on line and length instead of pace, coz he was struggling with humidity.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

This I kind of agree and even though I am not crazy Umesh fan, I feel we will have to stick with him for now untill the South African series is over. I say this because we have to kook where we stand at this time. Our bowler Shami doesn’t have a great fitness, so even if we try a new bowler for Umesh, Shami can break down any time which means all of a sudden Bhuvi will be the only mature bowler in the line up in the toughest tour of Souh Africa. 

I will surely keep Umesh around till South African tour as back up bowler in the squad and we can go on from there. 

Both Umesh and Shammi have looked under cooked as they have not played lot of cricket, Bhuiv on other hand is playing continuous cricket so looks in rhythm and on helpful pitches Bhuvi will out bowl both Shammi and Yadav.

Yadav improved a lot last season, it would be completely wrong to remove him from the playing eleven after one bad test.

How has he regressed, Yadav main's problem always is  his consistency otherwise with his pace and his outswinger he should be leading the bowling attack, 

It is only under Kohli he has shown some kind of consistency.

Edited by putrevus
2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I honestly dint watch so cant comment , if its true and there is a pattern its wrong and will get his share of criticism .

you seem hurt that he got a hundred , worried he will break Tendulkars records  ?   lol

btw you know am a fan of CSK captain . 

Yep thats his biggest worry.. :giggle: these 10dufans are just jealous how easily Kohli gonna break that useless 100 record that was set in the most selfish way possible. 

Is he India's best Test batsmen ? Nop Rahul Dravid is 

Is he India's Best ODI batsmen ? Nop Virat is already miles ahead of him 

Is he India's Best T20I batsmen ? He played 1 match where even Dravid who was said to tuk tuk by sachin chamchas overs years owned him in that 1 T20I by hitting 3 sixes in a row. So he can't even compete with Dravid in T20I forget about kohli. 

So pretty much only think he ll be remebered in his useless 100 100s done in wrong way. If virat breaks his record he will be nothing.. that's why he is jealous

43 minutes ago, New guy said:

Fast bowlers were definitely used as a defensive option by Dhoni, especially in tests. There is a sea difference

Which fast bowler ? 

Did he use , Zaheer as a defensive option ?  When India was ranked number one , Zaheer was one of our top wicket takers IIRC he was averaging ~22 for 4 years . The likes of Sree and RP helped us win test matches overseas . 

or could have use Yaadav as a wicket taking option ? 

Shami was regularly injured and was hardly available , what choice did he have anyway ? 

Yes he did fall back on Ashwin/Jadeja , that will happen with Virat too if his faast bowlers starting conceding runs at 6 rpo instead of taking wickets on helpful pitches .