Steve Smith hands down is the best batsman in the world

maniac

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

dont miss his ugly batting at all.

+1

can't understand how these Steve Smith fans can sit through 8 hours of ugly duckling batting in a day...

---

After SRT, Lara retirement for me it is KP and ABDV

After their retirement now, its Virat Kohli... 

I dont expect every batsman to be silky smooth like Anwar, mark waugh or VVS but there has to be a basic eye-pleasing technique while scoring all those mountains of runs.

@Gollum Even I used to be his fan but he was rightfully banned no sympathy for this cheat.Apparently Mr Braunfade Cheat Smith is struggling with his ban according to Robert Craddock.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/robert-craddock-says-steve-smith-is-struggling-with-his-ban-and-should-talk-to-wendell-sailor/news-story/b1ec2c36780bb0ca33d045110a411908

Edited by Switchblade
On 7/30/2018 at 10:12 PM, Gollum said:

Man can't tell how much I miss Steve Smith's batting. The greatest modern day batsman banned unjustly for a year and we are left to endure 8 more months of these boring pretenders like Kohli, Root, Kane etc taking turns in trying to keep the King's seat warm before he eventually returns and obliterates them all with a snap of his fingers Thanos style. Except may be a zoning Rahul there is no batsman today who can toy with bowlers as nonchalantly as Smithy. Distressing times, cricket has become meaningless after his departure. It isn't fair, CA has no *ing right to * with destiny....Smith is born to rule lesser mortals, not stay away from international cricket and waste his time. How would it have been for Da Vinci to walk away from his work at the peak of his powers, or Federer taking a sabbatical in 2005 end? How can the mofos do this to him? Hate the morally outraged fakers, hate Saffer hypocrites, hate CA, hate ICC, hate the cricketing world that did this to him. An offence that deserved 1-2 match ban needlessly prolonged to 12 months torture to allow the rest of the competition time to catch up and side mein also to make an example out of him.... I can only watch and rewatch the highlights :wall: and wait for the return of his majestic presence on the 22 yards next year. 

Still have same opinion about Rahul?

Kohli does it for me, nearest thing in attitude and one man dominance  of bowlers I seen since King Viv 

3 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Still have same opinion about Rahul?

Kohli does it for me, nearest thing in attitude and one man dominance  of bowlers I seen since King Viv 

I will give Rahul a few more matches. Kohli was mediocre before 2014-15 Australia, look how it's turned out. 

Just now, Gollum said:

I will give Rahul a few more matches. Kohli was mediocre before 2014-15 Australia, look how it's turned out. 

He is an Asia play through the non moving line flash Harry like the rest of them. 

Kohli learnt his lesson , found out what he did wrong and has rectified it , plays like a great, acts like a great and when the going gets tough he gets going 

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

He is an Asia play through the non moving line flash Harry like the rest of them. 

Kohli learnt his lesson , found out what he did wrong and has rectified it , plays like a great, acts like a great and when the going gets tough he gets going 

You saw the Ind-Aus 2017 series?

On 8/3/2018 at 11:28 PM, Gollum said:

You saw the Ind-Aus 2017 series?

I knew you would bring that example. Kohli failed then, but he aced Smith in SA series. 3 matches, 142 runs at average of 23 that too on batting friendly pitches.

Compare that to Kohli's 300+ runs on those pitches. 

8 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I knew you would bring that example. Kohli failed then, but he aced Smith in SA series. 3 matches, 142 runs at average of 23 that too on batting friendly pitches.

Compare that to Kohli's 300+ runs on those pitches. 

Smith didn't play the whole SA series, besides he was mentally off his game in the 3rd test after that sandpaper saga. For all we know he may have scored 300 runs in the last 3 innings with a clear frame of mind. 

Kohli failed miserably in Cape Town, granted he played well on a non typical Centurion track but again in Jo'berg neither of his innings would make top 4 of the match. In 2014 Baby Smith had a match winning 100 and another big contribution (84+36*) in the decider. Besides Smith owns Kohli in India, Aus, Eng, NZ, WI and roughly equal in Lanka and Bangladesh. This is a no contest really in tests. May be in ODIs there can be a comparison but I would take a WC QF-SF-F hero over a serial choker who averages <15 at <60 SR in 5 WC KO matches. Only in T20s dos Kohli have a decisive edge, he is GOAT in that format I'll give you that. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Smith didn't play the whole SA series, besides he was mentally off his game in the 3rd test after that sandpaper saga. For all we know he may have scored 300 runs in the last 3 innings with a clear frame of mind. 

Kohli failed miserably in Cape Town, granted he played well on a non typical Centurion track but again in Jo'berg neither of his innings would make top 4 of the match. In 2014 Baby Smith had a match winning 100 and another big contribution (84+36*) in the decider. Besides Smith owns Kohli in India, Aus, Eng, NZ, WI and roughly equal in Lanka and Bangladesh. This is a no contest really in tests. May be in ODIs there can be a comparison but I would take a WC QF-SF-F hero over a serial choker who averages <15 at <60 SR in 5 WC KO matches. Only in T20s dos Kohli have a decisive edge, he is GOAT in that format I'll give you that. 

Both are closer in Aus. Kohli didn't face Indian bowling on those pitches. They are actually closer in Aus, WI. Smith is better in England, NZ, India and Kohli better in SA, SL so far. Gap isn't as wide as numbers may suggest.

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Both are closer in Aus. Kohli didn't face Indian bowling on those pitches. They are actually closer in Aus, WI. Smith is better in England, NZ, India and Kohli better in SA, SL so far. Gap isn't as wide as numbers may suggest.

OK I will agree that in Aus both are close and Kohli is better in SA. 

Smith is better in India, NZ, England.

Smith averages 142 in WI, Kohli averages a pitiful 36 boosted by 1 200, remaining 8 innings he scored only 120 runs. Even in 2016 apart from that 200 Kohli  got low scores.

In Lanka both are equal, 43 vs 41 not a big difference....also Smith played on tougher pitches with a failing team there. Kohli has bullied Lanka at home but been underwhelming in Lanka. Both need to improve there. 

Smith averages 30 in Bangladesh, Kohli 14...but who cares about BD? 

17 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Let's wait till the WC is over to proclaim that

As if he is playing his first wc. It's already his 3rd wc and he is fully grown ass man so cut some slack till now in wc or important knockout he is complete dud.

Edited by bahubali