This is India's best chance to win a series overseas.

Where is this optimism coming from??? Now it is one thing to hope for India to win and win handsomely but delusion is off the charts....This is not the best Indian team to tour South Africa...the teams in 2010-2011 was the best....now yes South Africa Team is not as good as it was in the last few years but 

Settled side - I don’t think we ever toured South Africa with a rookie side....2001 would be the closest I think.

No major injury concerns-ok fair enough

confidence high-well I have been watching cricket for over 25 years and we have always rolled over teams at home...infact bigger and stronger teams than what we have been crushing recently. So what is this new found confidence?

Captain aggressive- well Kohli is a pretty good test captain I will give you that but he his on field

strategy is not exactly a trend setter and neither is his selection...he is good but this aggressiveness is almost becoming a legend

Players have gelled- we are not Pak...our teams have always played as a unit he’ll even during Chappell saga or Kumble saga the problem

was with coach not within the team

so what exactly is this new super power we have that every one keeps talking about?

compared to 2011,the only thing that is an upgrade is ground fielding and to some extent fast bowling that’s about it.

Batting consistency,fielding etc are worse than they were before.

I am baffled by this bravado...it is one thing to say that this team is well equipped to do better than the predecessors but the way we are hyping this it seems like we are touring Bangladesh/Zimbabwe jeez

12 hours ago, Vilander said:

actually these guys were not outplayed in 2010. But Kallis outplayed everyone in that last test, it was unreal he just decided India will not win it. And first test loss was pathetic scheduling from BCCI.

I think SA should be 5 tests, they would have won the 2010-11 series if it was.

In 2011 bowlers came up short when batsman did their job, in 2006 batsman came up short when our bowlers were on fire. All in all, those were few of the ATG players India produced but still we could not end up winning. This team is nowhere near those players, but they are in top form and IMO will come out winning a series finally.

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

In 2011 bowlers came up short when batsman did their job, in 2006 batsman came up short when our bowlers were on fire. All in all, those were few of the ATG players India produced but still we could not end up winning. This team is nowhere near those players, but they are in top form and IMO will come out winning a series finally.

The thing is ATG is based on a career.  But the operative point is whether or not a player or the set of players are playing well at that given point in time.  Meaning how many were in top 20 in batting and bowling, and how many had the skills for the conditions. Thats more tricky to gauge. 

On 11/30/2017 at 10:17 PM, sourab10forever said:

*Good set of players with every position having a good back up and all players getting in some good match practice.

*Settled side.

*No major injury concerns..atleast for now.

*Confidence is high.

*Captain is aggressive.

*Players have geled well as a team.

This is India's best chance of winning in SA with SA not being the best that they can be. They are vulnerable and a 3 match series is also in our favour. Series victory is definitely on.

Least settled side

Low confidence

Clueless captain

Players don't know the team

Fitness is mystery.