Sarfaraz Khan retained by RCB

SK_IH

1 minute ago, philcric said:

Hmm. Kind of screwed up the team purse.

For the sake of the team, Kohli and AB should have let RCB to retain just 2 of them at normal pricing (12 and 8.5), for a total of 21 Cr. leaving plenty left for the auctions.

Now, in effect, they bought Sarfaraz for 10 Cr. :facepalm:

Kohli was never settling for 12Crs lol. Either was AB for 8.5.

Maybe some under the table deal would have done the trick.

One premier fast bowler for 10Crs that would have been saved.

1 minute ago, sourab10forever said:

Kohli was never settling for 12Crs lol. Either was AB for 8.5.

Maybe some under the table deal would have done the trick.

One premier fast bowler for 10Crs that would have been saved.

At least retain 3 .. Kohli, AB, Chahal/Gayle/Rahul .. for 15,11,7

That way AB still gets 11 and Kohli gets 15 (just 2 cr less than 17, which shouldn't be a big deal for Kohli to let go of).

55 minutes ago, Shunya said:

With a wife who is a big time bollywood actress, it will always be like this. There will be lot of aman ki asha n all for upcoming years from their side.

Shami and Kaif get a lot of hate from peacefuls on social media. Zak and the Pathan bros have betrayed the qaum. Saba is meh, Avesh looks more like a red ball bowler. Kirmani is ancient, Azhar is a politician...basically Muslims have none from their community publicly visible in matters related to Indian cricket. Kohli sees an opening here, already being hailed as a hero on social media as I type, for being a great human being and brave man in the climate of hate yada yada. Kohli's PR team is very smart, in one swoop they have earned the following of crores, if not Kohli, KKR would have snatched the kid. Man Kohli's PR team will give takkar to the very best, if I were him I would take sanyaas from cricket and run against Modi in 2019. Now watch KKR bid aggressively for Amla/Tahir/Rashid/Nabi.  

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Shami and Kaif get a lot of hate from peacefuls on social media. Zak and the Pathan bros have betrayed the qaum. Saba is meh, Avesh looks more like a red ball bowler. Kirmani is ancient, Azhar is a politician...basically Muslims have none from their community publicly visible in matters related to Indian cricket. Kohli sees an opening here, already being hailed as a hero on social media as I type, for being a great human being and brave man in the climate of hate yada yada. Kohli's PR team is very smart, in one swoop they have earned the following of crores, if not Kohli, KKR would have snatched the kid. Man Kohli's PR team will give takkar to the very best, if I were him I would take sanyaas from cricket and run against Modi in 2019. Now watch KKR bid aggressively for Amla/Tahir/Rashid/Nabi.  

WTF:facepalm::facepalm: one time I wish we had a Dislike button... Disgusting

Is that why current LOI teams doesn't have any Muslim in the team? Where did his PR team go then.. You are disgusting

Shameless propaganda just because he is leaving your Ailiaaa behind.

10 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

WTF:facepalm::facepalm: one time I wish we had a Dislike button... Disgusting

Is that why current LOI teams doesn't have any Muslim in the team? Where did his PR team go then.. You are disgusting

Shameless propaganda just because he is leaving your Ailiaaa behind.

Current ODI squad has Shami, current test team has Shami, Shami is our best pacer and also my favourite. I am not talking about Muslims or Sarfaraz per se, I am talking about how Kohli's PR team is building his brand, now that he has a Bollywood wife, expect him to change further. 

Edited by Gollum

Last cricket captain to marry a Bollywood babe was Azharuddin and we know how it ended, Bollywood-cricket is a match made in hell. Even before marriage Kohli was grinning ear to ear after getting the biggest sporting massacre against arch rivals in a major ICC final. Now he is married......

I know I am being controversial in my assessment of Kohli but at least I am being blunt, many like me will feel this way but won't express. 

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Current ODI squad has Shami, current test team has Shami, Shami is our best pacer. I am not talking about Muslims or Sarfaraz per se, I am talking about how Kohli's PR team is building his brand, now that he has a Bollywood wife, expect him to change further. 

When was the last time shami even played man ? Bhuvi and Bumrah are main bowlers.. If any of them gets injured Umesh or shami comes in as replacement for one match that's it.. He doesn't even have a fixed spot in LOIs anymore. HIS RELIGION HAS NOTHING to do with his bowling ability. You basically said "They selected Sarfraz because it's good for his PR..if not them KKR would have snatched him" 

18 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

basically Muslims have none from their community publicly visible in matters related to Indian cricket. Kohli sees an opening here, already being hailed as a hero on social media as I type, for being a great human being and brave man in the climate of hate yada yada. Kohli's PR team is very smart, in one swoop they have earned the following of crores, if not Kohli, KKR would have snatched the kid.

It's obvious what you trying to say.. Bengal has huge muslim population + Many of those illegal Bangladeshi's crossing..

18 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Now watch KKR bid aggressively for Amla/Tahir/Rashid/Nabi. 

They all have something in common I guess...  RELIGION

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Last cricket captain to marry a Bollywood babe was Azharuddin and we know how it ended, Bollywood-cricket is a match made in hell. Even before marriage Kohli was grinning ear to ear after getting the biggest sporting massacre against arch rivals in a major ICC final. Now he is married......

I know I am being controversial in my assessment of Kohli but at least I am being blunt, many like me will feel this way but won't express. 

Its not about supporting muslims or anything as such. Though I agree with you on PR. He and his wife has so much at stake and so much riding on them, they will behave as appeasing to Pakistanis and other countries around. They are both on top of their game, has massive fan following all over the world, too powerful in India. Almost like royals of India.

7 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Its not about supporting muslims or anything as such. Though I agree with you on PR. He and his wife has so much at stake and so much riding on them, they will behave as appeasing to Pakistanis and other countries around. They are both on top of their game, has massive fan following all over the world, too powerful in India. Almost like royals of India.

You saw PK, didn't you? You saw that whole Ansuhka-Pakistani boyfriend plotline and how Hindus were portrayed in the movie, Pakistanis were made to look tolerant while we were the intolerant paranoid kind. I mean doesn't anyone else see the pattern I am seeing here? FFS this is Bollywood we are talking about. And recently on social media Kohli was campaigning against jallikattu and Diwali firecrackers, selective targeting on his part. I am not basing my observations on what is happening recently, have observed the trend for a long time. Kohli is now part of a gang which I don't like.

@Rasgulla I don't judge a player based on his religion or language or state. But when people use religion for PR purposes (or vote catching in politics) I don't like it. Remember 2008 IPL auctions? SRK bid for every single Pakistani player out there and got max Pak players in KKR, didn't he do that for PR purposes or were they that good? We must call a spade a spade man. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Rasgulla I don't judge a player based on his religion or language or state. But when people use religion for PR purposes (or vote catching in politics) I don't like it. Remember 2008 IPL auctions? SRK bid for every single Pakistani player out there and got max Pak players in KKR, didn't he do that for PR purposes or were they that good? We must call a spade a spade man. 

guess :hs: is fond of padosi players as well :phehe:

i dont mind having afghan players though , have soft corner for them

6 minutes ago, velu said:

Dunno about that but we had a Hockey League (PHL or something) before the advent of IPL. The Hyderabad team (Hyderabad Sultans) signed almost every single member of the Pak team in their roster even though they had foreign players restrictions in the final XI (like IPL). 

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You saw PK, didn't you? You saw that whole Ansuhka-Pakistani boyfriend plotline and how Hindus were portrayed in the movie, Pakistanis were made to look tolerant while we were the intolerant paranoid kind. I mean doesn't anyone else see the pattern I am seeing here? FFS this is Bollywood we are talking about. And recently on social media Kohli was campaigning against jallikattu and Diwali firecrackers, selective targeting on his part. I am not basing my observations on what is happening recently, have observed the trend for a long time. Kohli is now part of a gang which I don't like.

I am not a big fan of peudo liberals either. Kohli has picked up all these things from Anushka itself. True love I guess. lol

Anushka runs ngos for Animal rights I think. That is why she is fighting against Diwali firecrackers and Jallikattu and that is what Kohli has picked up. And I infact agree, its all crap - I too do not like this selective targetting of hindu festivals. Its so full of Sh.it and hypocritical of these pseudos. Lets hope we create better role models in future and not fall for this trap

Lets just keep it for other threads and focus on cricket. Super charged up for the series. Indian team is bigger than Kohli or anyone else.

43 minutes ago, velu said:

:hitler: we SRH are trying to improve Indo-Afgan relationship by giving a "Youngster" Rashid khan a chance..  Not because he is a Muslim :no:

Also like lolva mentioned He is doing well and will use RTM:dance:

Nice !! A big fan of sarfaraz , will be disappointed if he does not play for India soon . Hopefully a good IPL season should do the trick for him .

Even for RCB , just like the Indian team the batting tends to be top heavy ..very easy to choke them . Stome one like Sarfaraz down the order can make a lot of difference.  

Sarfraz is a very talented player, but he should keep a low profile. It will be utter stupidity to show your full potential before Team Sajdeh, Kohli and Rohit are enough for Bunty, he doesn't want to cut the pie into any more pieces. Lokesh Rahul made a blunder by showing his true maha avtar last time, Kohli didn't like it one bit and hence poor Rahul will be out there tomorrow serving chai biscuit to the other players while Dhawan will keep slapping his thighs every time the camera is focused on him. As I said in another thread Kohli is Lord Voldemort, even if Sarfaraz is Harry Potter he must pretend to be Neville Longbottom else Kohli will use the proverbial Avada Kedavra against him. Just like Lily Potter's sacrificial protection charm around Harry, Kumble's love shielded Rahul till earlier this year. Now even if that charm has expired with the unjust sacking of Kumble, some of us fans (Order of the Phoenix) have mobilized our resources to protect Rahul and question Kohli. Unfortunately Sarfaraz has no Kumble to protect him from the killing curse in case Kohli feels threatened and the Order of the Phoenix is preoccupied trying to help out Rahul.