Fan boys and fan girls.

beetle

I do not dislike anyone that wears India gear.  If they wear India gear, I support them wholeheartedly.  I happen to think that every one of these players is proud to represent their nation, which is the same nation that I was born in.  They are all super-talented and much more hardworking than I can ever be.  They all want to do the best job they can.  If I call for someone to be dropped, it does not mean I don't support that player.  Nothing personal.  It is just that, at that point in time, that player is less likely to contribute than another one.    

Having said that, I have a bit of a special place for Gautam Gambhir because of his candor and unabashed patriotism.  

Edited by Brainfade
9 hours ago, Pollack said:

Based on posts on ICF here:

Beetle : dhoni, dravid and bhuvi

Cricketics : Kohli and bhuvi

New guy: Sachin, bhuvi

Laaloo : Sachin

Velu, Shunya, sscomp, ankit_sharma,sidhoni, viper,beautiful_game : Dhoni

Feel free to add if you feel my posts indicates fanboyism to certain players.

I am fan of those two players but I doubt I support them when they are wrong. I thought fanboy is a term you support regardless and never accept that the guy is wrong.

I do see many Sachina and Dhoni fans who never accept that they are wrong.

Most Kohli fans here have written already that how much they disagree with Kohli on certain selections.

Beetle, good thread .:)

The first thought which came to my mind was the user who was a massive fan of Laxman during early days of ICF. I forgot his name but he was crazy Laxman supporter. Do you remember that guy's name He was like Amits when it came to supporting Laxxman.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am fan of those two players but I doubt I support them when they are wrong. I thought fanboy is a term you support regardless and never accept that the guy is wrong.

I do see many Sachina and Dhoni fans who never accept that they are wrong.

Most Kohli fans here have written already that how much they disagree with Kohli on certain selections.

Beetle, good thread .:)

The first thought which came to my mind was the user who was a massive fan of Laxman during early days of ICF. I forgot his name but he was crazy Laxman supporter. Do you remember that guy's name He was like Amits when it came to supporting Laxxman.

I do remember the user but not the name.

Generally I am no ones fan . Though I rate a few players above others . 

Tendulkar - till late 90s ;)

Dravid  ,VVS and  Dhoni followed by Sehwag/Kumble/Yuvi -2000s 

Virat these days 

I have been vocal defending a few players like Dhoni/Dravid cos of the hate they get from a section of "indian fans"( the same guys who booed tendulkar in mumbai ) 

Rohit is probably the only Indian player ever I disliked and I feel the the list may get longer in future as I grow old (and bitter lol ) and we add more pretenders like him thanks to IPL . 

Fan of Indian Cricket Team! Who ever performs well in our wins, I support that person.  The players that I have looked forward to watch (am a fanboi of) in chronological order:

1. Sachin - from his first series in Pakistan till about 2005

2. Dravid - 2005 onwards he was our best bat in all conditions. Remember him being called to support ODI team only in tough conditions. 

3. Sachin - resurgence in 2008-9

4. Yuvi - all time hero - loved him since Natwest trophy and attribute our 2011 WC win to him. IMO, he was teh most important reason why we won the WC. 

5. Dhoni - as a player, not as a captain - his knocks in Pakistan and early part of the career; till 2015 his abaility to rotate strike and risk free batting. Should have retired from all forms in 2016. The best wk against spinners, but reflexes slowing down in 2017. 

6. Kohli - Hobart against SL made me his fan. Love his confidence and work ethic. Not a fan of his selections though.. 

In the current team, fan of Kohli & pace bowlers! 

Edited by kruiser