Parthiv Patel just dropped the morale of the whole team...

11 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I will admit i was one of the guys who was ok with him being picked , assuming his keeping has improved ..and may be why hes back in the side , but still insist we need a replacement for Saha ..unless every other keeper in the country is carp like Parthiv.

How can you replace a keeper who drops 4 catches in 17 tests? I won't trade Saha for an Andy Flower or Gilchrist if their keeping isn't at least 95% as good as Saha's. And by God 1 drop catch per 4 odd tests is a Bradmanesque statistic. 

Edited by Gollum
8 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I will admit i was one of the guys who was ok with him being picked , assuming his keeping has improved ..and may be why hes back in the side , but still insist we need a replacement for Saha ..unless every other keeper in the country is carp like Parthiv.

Agreed, we need a keeper who doesn't drop the straight-forward ones and can bat well overseas. Saha is anyways in his 30s so we need to start grooming another youngster, but given Kohli has not started looking for even Dhoni's replacement in LOIs this will take some more years to happen.

1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

Agreed, we need a keeper who doesn't drop the straight-forward ones and can bat well overseas. Saha is anyways in his 30s so we need to start grooming another youngster, but given Kohli has not started looking for even Dhoni's replacement in LOIs this will take some more years to happen.

Odis toh dur ki baat hai hum toh t20 mein bhi nahi try kar rahe jaha dhoni saalon se kuch kar nahi raha hai :facepalm:

1 hour ago, CG said:
1 hour ago, Green Monster said:
I think you guys are too critical of Dhoni. Saha may be a good keeper, but Dhoni was no slouch

+ dhoni adds very good batting for you. I haven't been impressed by either saha or patel batting for your boys

Dhoni away did nothing of note except off innings in England.Saha Is decent with bat.

Yes but it was many many innings in England he played. the one at lords was unbelievably crucial in the history of indian cricket back in 07 ......

Edited by rahulrulezz
No personal attacks please

Indian wicketkeeper since 1960

B K  Kunderan     32.70

F Engineer            31.08

S Kirmani              27.04

N  Mongia             24.03

P Patel                   33.76

D Karthik                27.78

M Dhoni                 38.09

W Saha                   30.63

Alan Knott             32.75

Matt Prior              40.83

Alex Stewart          39.54

Alan Knott who was the greatest wicketkeeper still had batting average better than most Indian wicketkeepers 

48 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

On one side, absolute incompetance from Dhawan,Rohit,Pujara,Parthiv

On the other side,absolute brilliance from Kohli,Ashwin,Bhuvi

Shami,Bumrah,Saha & Pandya,Vijay,Rahul,Ishant in between.

Tells the whole story as of now.No wonder we are not able to win ..

bumrah? in between.he has took both wickets this innings. if he hadn't , we would be crying together

Edited by beetle
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

it was straight out of Dhoni book of keeping against pacers. Dhoni has done it several times.

Saha is India's best keeper, especially against pace.

Dhoni would take taken the 2 chances of Ashwin's bowling, Faff and Rabada. If Parthiv is not contributing with the bat, best to get Saha back in. Ashwin and Pandya will bat ahead of Saha.

To be honest, i feel sad for Parthiv more. Everyone knows he is not good enough as a keeper, still gets picked. Even he himself would not have believed when he got picked against England. He is seriously under pressure now after all these drops. They young keepers are not ready and can fail but Parthiv too isn't ready and is also failing both with bat and gloves.  

Edited by rkt.india