ICC U19 WC 2018 : India vs Pakistan (SemiFinals)

PBN

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

S

Did you see the catching and implementing the basics in the junior team compared to

senior team?

Yes a coach cannot play for the players but he can be a good analyst and fix the basic issues which we don’t see with the seniors.

Our senior coach is a cheerleader whose best advice has been go smmmmmash them lol...that is like having Shoaib Akthar saying staar bano as his best advice.

Just like we need Shaw for his slip catching alone. This Pakistani captain needs to be in their team for his soft skills alone lol...first guy I am seeing who doesn’t come across a total buffoon in interviews....it is not only about speaking English,you can come across articulate even if your English isn’t great,just overall composure etc.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Coaching is very important at this level.

Yes but if two guys decide to have brain fart in the middle of an innings while running between the wickets, you can’t blame the coach. 

Even Ricky Ponting has had brain farts and gotten run out by having by Amit Mishra. Coaches should teach surely but the players might still make these mistakes often. Running between the wickets is all mindset stuff.

Just now, maniac said:

Did you see the catching and implementing the basics in the junior team compared to

senior team?

Yes a coach cannot play for the players but he can be a good analyst and fix the basic issues which we don’t see with the seniors.

Our senior coach is a cheerleader whose best advice has been go smmmmmash them lol...that is like having Shoaib Akthar saying staar bano as his best advice.

How does it relate to senior team coach. He is trash. We aRe discussing u19 team. These kids have talent. We never had any less.We have always done well in u19 WCs with or without dravid. It's transition to a level up is where most players fail.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Coaching is very important at this level.

No denying. But we have always done well in U19 because we have good talent. The real failure is because these kids aren't able to move a level up. Dravid or no dravid , kids have done good because they have the raw talent.

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes but if two guys decide to have brain fart in the middle of an innings while running between the wickets, you can’t blame the coach. 

Even Ricky Ponting has had brain farts and gotten run out by having by Amit Mishra. Coaches should teach surely but the players might still make these mistakes often. Running between the wickets is all mindset stuff.

No you cannot but a good coach will make sure that you minimize these farts. He will go over this repeatedly till it embedds in your brain. That is what coaching is about.

I personally would give Dravid 100% credit for this win. Excellent coaching.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

No you cannot but a good coach will make sure that you minimize these farts. He will go over this repeatedly till it embedds in your brain. That is what coaching is about.

I personally would give Dravid 100% credit for this win. Excellent coaching.

Yes, but we are discussing after the event had happened, and that how it could have been prevented. Aome things can be coached, yet can happen over and over again. So the context it was being said was that such thing would have already been taught and coached but it still happened due to carelessness of players.i am sure they will go all over again and talk about it.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, but we are discussing after the event had happened, and that how it could have been prevented. Aome things can be coached, yet can happen over and over again. So the context it was being said was that such thing would have already been taught and coached but it still happened due to carelessness of players.

I see your viewpoint if a mistake like this is made in an important game, a good coach just might bench you. There is no forgetting that.

A coach cannot get extra credit just because he is dravid.

Can anyone answer me why India haven't done bad historically in U19 WCs when dravid was not the coach?

Why dravid the great coach failed epicly in semi international tournament like IPL with a bunch of exciting youngsters if he is such a great coach? 

Perception matters a lot. We need to analyse dravid's coaching objectively not on the basis of our subjective perception. 

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

A coach cannot get extra credit just because he is dravid.

Can anyone answer me why India haven't done bad historically in U19 WCs when dravid was not the coach?

Why dravid the great coach failed epicly in semi international tournament like IPL with a bunch of exciting youngsters if he is such a great coach? 

Perception matters a lot. We need to analyse dravid's coaching objectively not on the basis of our subjective perception. 

No he should not. If they failed it would be fair to blame him. 

Reference to your second point if I am not mistaken India struggled to chase a low total against pakistan some years back.

It was not the win today but the domination that was important. 

A good coach makes a competitive game boring. I do not have appetite for nail biters at my age. I rather take these dull boring game with outcome easy to predict.