How many International Teams can this Under 19 Team Beat?

3 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

On their Day the Indian Under 19 team can beat, Sri lanka, West Indies, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ireland on rare Occassions the India Sr. Team Itself :giphy:     

I like your enthusiasm but jokes apart, it cannot beat any intl team...may be Ireland and Afghanistan on their day

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

As a matter of fact he did. Debuted at 16 and not one bowler - from Akram to Marshall - could make him feel out of place. Tonked centuries on the England tour in 1990 when he was barely 17. Faced bowlers like Donald, Schultz, McDermott, Malcolm Marshall, Ambrose in the next few months and scored runs against ALL.

He is probably only considering ODI batting and forgetting test batting.

5 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Will have their g@@nd handed on a plate by Jharkhand second XI. You guys have no clue how club standard most of these U19 players are.

One of the u19 players has 5 fc 100s. One Gill already has a 100 and a 50 in two games, one has a 4-fer and a 5-fer in 3 games. So, no they are not as worse. One Nagarkoti was top wicket taker for his State in One day domestic last year including a hattrick. Abhishek Sharma has also made his FC debut.

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

None. Even afghans will beat the crap out of them. Go back to pants debut a monster at u19 level with good domestic outing was clueless in a flat track against WI.

He was not clueless, was just coming back from a two months off season. 

They have good players in Shaw, Gill and Nagarkoti. But I don't think the others will do any good against International teams. U19 and Senior team has a huge gap, few players do stand out and might go on to play for senior team soon but that's all.

They will probably win against a few weak sides (Ireland, Zim etc) in LOIs if it's their day.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

Keeping up with the trend that will be for the next few days,

This team should be sent for 2019 WC and they will absolutely crush the opposition.

Dravid will spin these master strategies not seen since the days of the Mahabharata and will win the World Cup just with his coaching and contribute even more m.

more than half of the players have played FC (4-day and List A), but only 3-4 have done well in atleast one format: Nagarkoti, Gill, Shaw, Porel. Hence, current U19 would lose to all int'l teams IMO.

However, I believe that the following team could perform decently against India A and some of the weaker international teams (but probably still lose) consisting only of players <20 yrs: Shaw, Kalra, Gill, Anmolpreet, Kishan (wk), Sundar, Lomror/Roy, Nagarkoti, Mavi, Porel, Chahar

Edited by Vijy
12 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

why do you get so defensive when it comes to pant ? everyone wants him to succeed and he will , the guy just needs to hone his skills.

Its being defensive but people like you having unfair expectations. One side is Dhoni who in 10 years has barely played a decent t20 innings and you don't seem to criticize that. How dhoni has struggled for 10 years in t20s. 

47 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Its being defensive but people like you having unfair expectations. One side is Dhoni who in 10 years has barely played a decent t20 innings and you don't seem to criticize that. How dhoni has struggled for 10 years in t20s. 

I dont think pant us ready for international cricket. People on this thread think our U19 team can beat international side, I dont think me having unfair expectation is the problem. 

About Dhoni and t20 one game i can think of is when both pant and dhoni played. Anyways Dhoni in t20 is a no-no but ODIs i still feel he needs to be there till WC19. Why ? cause we dont have a middle order. Pandya is undercooked. We need some experience.

A logical question:

If our U-19 boys are that good, how come all of them aren't picked up by the IPL franchises? Why do the think tanks running the IPL not want to buy most of them, given that they'd be very cheap also?

Not taking anything away from our u-19 boys and their well deserved world championship.