Nohit ' The Minnow basher' needs to be rooted out of team

sergio04

13 hours ago, Scar said:

Yet there are people on forum who told me Rohit is performing better than kohli in last few years. Absolute farce how this guy is able to maintain his place after destroying our chances many folds many times bysucking the momentum at the start of the innings.

Not just forumers, even Sandip Patil said something similar.

4 hours ago, Khota said:

He can sit out fora game but he is the top 5 bat for India. This is massive over reaction on ICF.

No need to sit him out , its not that he is looking out of place 

These wkts are not that tough and he wud get a score here n there, SA has been a non scoring area for rohit if he gets a score it ll help his confidence.

With one yr left to Wc, ill play dhawan n rohit in all games so they keep scoring n have the self confidence that yes we have scored in SA . 

With 1 yr left we shud back the core team to play max games against good sides and fix the problem areas. Rest shud be considered only in series like Nidhas of WI series later this yr

I still feel Rohit should be asked to bat at 3 or 4 if the pitch is not flat.He can bat till the end after the new ball is gone.I don't understand why he is so obsessed with opening when he clearly lacks he technique in tough conditions.If he is fine with batting at 4 in IPL,he should be okay with doing the same in ODI. 

38 minutes ago, diehardpacer said:

I still feel Rohit should be asked to bat at 3 or 4 if the pitch is not flat.He can bat till the end after the new ball is gone.I don't understand why he is so obsessed with opening when he clearly lacks he technique in tough conditions.If he is fine with batting at 4 in IPL,he should be okay with doing the same in ODI. 

if a guy can score almost a 200 given max number of balls why wud u give thos no. of deilveries to someone else .

U give 150 balls to rohit n anyone else and rohit will score more. 

3 is blocked for ur best batsman, u do not change ur best batsman position and kohli has said he likes batting at 3. give him the slot he wants coz he ur best player

Their was a reason rohit failed at 4 and no point moving him back at 4

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No need to sit him out , its not that he is looking out of place 

These wkts are not that tough and he wud get a score here n there, SA has been a non scoring area for rohit if he gets a score it ll help his confidence.

With one yr left to Wc, ill play dhawan n rohit in all games so they keep scoring n have the self confidence that yes we have scored in SA . 

With 1 yr left we shud back the core team to play max games against good sides and fix the problem areas. Rest shud be considered only in series like Nidhas of WI series later this yr

Of course he has to play the WC as he is the best. It is OK to sit out a player for a game to improve their confidence so that they can come back strong. It is not a repudiation of his batting. This is part of coaching philosphy. But on ICF they love to defend people who dont perform to the level of fraction of what Rohit does and as soon as he has a slight slump the knives are out.

The core of Indian batting is Rohit, Rahane, Kohli and Dhawan. Everything else has to be build around it.

Edited by Khota
1 hour ago, diehardpacer said:

Thats cos opening is the only position he can bat . No pressure , power plays you can just tuk-tuk and still manage a decent strike rate and set yourself up in the name of "anchoring" . if he comes in with couple of wickets down or with the filed spread out , more often than not you will see him struggle with strike rotation and eventually give his wicket. Playing at no4 in T20s is very different , cos in ODI you have a phase of 20 overs where you still have to rotate strike taking minimal risks something Virat does better than anyone else , while in IPL/T20s you just hit out from word go . 

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Of course he has to play the WC as he is the best. It is OK to sit out a player for a game to improve their confidence so that they can come back strong. It is not a repudiation of his batting. This is part of coaching philosphy. But on ICF they love to defend people who dont perform to the level of fraction of what Rohit does and as soon as he has a slight slump the knives are out.

I dnt know how sitting out helps someone's confidence 

2 hours ago, Khota said:

The core of Indian batting is Rohit, Rahane, Kohli and Dhawan. Everything else has to be build around it.

No rahane isnt in the core, he is only a backup 

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt know how sitting out helps someone's confidence 

No rahane isnt in the core, he is only a backup 

Sitting out for a game is great. Even if is Kohli. John Wooden the greatest coach of all time once said that bench is the best teaching tool he has. It motivates them and come back strong. It is down to coaching philosphy and I dont think India has a coach right now.

About Rahane we can disagree.