MS Dhoni’s strike rate a big concern, says Krishnamachari Srikkanth

saik

23 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

I don't mind him playing IPL for 2 more years, but pls spare Indian cricket. He is way past his best and anyone can do a better job than Dhoni is doing in LoIs. Honestly, I don't even mind Dinesh Karthik as the keeper in ODIs, if Dhoni is the only other alternative.

I can't believe he doesn't want to even stop playing even T20Is against minnows.

I thought Sachin was selfish chasing the 100th ton.. Dhoni has taken it two notches higher.

At least in Sachin's case he was clearly after something. Dhoni's case, I fail to understand what he is after.

It's time for Samson/Pant/Kishan in LoIs.. Let's start with T20s.

The destruction of Indian cricket?

5 minutes ago, kira said:

:money:

CSK pays him more than a Grade A India contract.. and he has enough clout to do another couple of years with CSK

He won a WC.. got a chance to try and retain it in 2015.. his ODI stint should have ended in 2016 with passing the baton to Virat. He's overstayed for more than two years and wants more..

Makes me wonder if Kohli wants Dhoni around because he doesn't believe in his LOI leadership skills due to his IPL failures as a leader. He recently admitted that it is "very difficult" to captain an ODI side

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

CSK pays him more than a Grade A India contract.. and he has enough clout to do another couple of years with CSK

He won a WC.. got a chance to try and retain it in 2015.. his ODI stint should have ended in 2016 with passing the baton to Virat. He's overstayed for more than two years and wants more..

Makes me wonder if Kohli wants Dhoni around because he doesn't believe in his LOI leadership skills due to his IPL failures as a leader. He recently admitted that it is "very difficult" to captain an ODI side

His brand value will go down if he isn't an active international player

22 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

He already won a WC... and lost two..  What's the motivation to go for another?

Dhoni the cricketer is on his last legs. Dhoni the brand, not quite. 

He still has some utility in ODIs but I don't see the point in him carrying on in T20s from a cricketing POV. I think he'll be done after the 2019 WC.

He probably fancies another crack at the WC plus it's too late to blood a new wk-bat at this stage for the WC. 

2 hours ago, bowl_out said:

I don't mind him playing IPL for 2 more years, but pls spare Indian cricket. He is way past his best and anyone can do a better job than Dhoni is doing in LoIs. Honestly, I don't even mind Dinesh Karthik as the keeper in ODIs, if Dhoni is the only other alternative.

I can't believe he doesn't want to even stop playing even T20Is against minnows.

I thought Sachin was selfish chasing the 100th ton.. Dhoni has taken it two notches higher.

At least in Sachin's case he was clearly after something. Dhoni's case, I fail to understand what he is after.

It's time for Samson/Pant/Kishan in LoIs.. Let's start with T20s.

you can surely think all that. 

Nobody can do wicketkeeping like him.He is so agile behind the sticks even at this age. Tell me who can do it. I have no confidence in wk skills of Pant/Ishan/Samson. They may miss stumpings/catches which may lead to losing matches also. Saha is good but Dhoni is much better than him in batting even at this age. Saha is not getting any younger. Until we find replacements we cannot drop him. Why are you all looking for wicketkeepers who can blast too? Keeping well would itself augur well for the team.

What the team management should tell Dhoni though is to go after the bowling from the word go. Anchoring should be the job of other proper batsmen like Rahane and someone else from the middle order.

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

Yaar tu chamcha giri shordeh

Agar log dusre player ki chamchagiri karne ke chakkar mein baaki Indian players ko abuse karte hai toh unke saamne defend karna padta hai. Not everyone has to follow the mob mentality and agenda to hate Dhoni, CSK, Southies, etc and make this place a hate circlejerk.

3 hours ago, Shunya said:

Agar log dusre player ki chamchagiri karne ke chakkar mein baaki Indian players ko abuse karte hai toh unke saamne defend karna padta hai. Not everyone has to follow the mob mentality and agenda to hate Dhoni, CSK, Southies, etc and make this place a hate circlejerk.

You need to apply more logic to your conspiracy theories; many posters who are fed up with MSD (non southie) are also aggrieved that KL Rahul (southie) has been held back because of him. Just because you may be regionalist, don't assume the same in others. I've done loads of posts in fierce support of KL and Ashwin so it's pretty obvious that I don't posses these chewtiya tendencies. Shame I can't say the same for other people who are more concerned about loss of a coach (who doesn't even play in the team) than backing a captain that has taken both his and his country's game to unchartered highs. And what to say of those people who support has beens as they are more concerned about their local franchise's brand value and tarnished legacy than the overall cricketing welfare of the country. 

Edited by mancalledsting