SQUADS announced for Afghanistan test and England LOIs

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

T20 teams

--  What is the point of selecting Raina and Manish Pandey  ?   If Rayudu has to be selected , it had to be the T20 team because he performed in T20 based IPL.

-- There is absolutely no reason for leaving out Pant from the T20 teams.  You got to be kidding me.

--  Samson should have been there too.

Agree with everything except the Rayudu part 

Ashwin should have bee rested for the test,now Kuldeep will not get a chance but overall i like the team.I read on NDTV that they might consider Rohit in the middle order with Rahul opening in LOIs.it might be a idea to explore if he continues to flounder.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I don't want Raidu in any squad.

Just saying that IF  he has to be included based on IPL performances  THEN it has to be T20Is and not ODIs.

Then doesn’t the same logic apply to Rahul as well?

Both of them have had a stellar IPL,  both lost their spots in the ODI XI after 1-2 bad series. They are changed players showing great temperaments. Some selections are just beyond numbers, it is the trust that selectors/captains have on them.

Finally excited about the ODI middle order with inconsistent ones like Pandey and Jadhav out.

10 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Then doesn’t the same logic apply to Rahul as well?

Both of them have had a stellar IPL,  both lost their spots in the ODI XI after 1-2 bad series. They are changed players showing great temperaments. Some selections are just beyond numbers, it is the trust that selectors/captains have on them.

Finally excited about the ODI middle order with inconsistent ones like Pandey and Jadhav out.

I wanted Rahul in the ODI playing 11 even before this IPL. He looks very international quality to me most of the times he bats against quality bowlers.

Rayudu does not look international quality to me.

8 hours ago, Vk1 said:

This ****Pandey keeps finding place somehow. :wall:

This is un called for and offensive. Its almost like he has done something to you personally.

Edited by beetle
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

ODI Team vs England

Decent team ... helped by the fact that most players selected themselves.

--  Biggest weakness ...  there is no 6th bowling option unless Sundar bats in top 6  (  he is a batsman primarily, can hit big shots and can be used there )

--  Bringing back Rayudu in ODIs  based on a few IPL innings. This is a poor decision from a decision making point of view, even if Rayudu were to justify his selection later on.

--  Good to see Rahul back.

The 6th bowler issue is a big one- Hardik is not good enough to bowl 10 overs every match. This is where either Kurnal or Hooda would have been handy if they were given a long run. Both can bat in lower middle order and bowl a few overs of tidy part time. Shankar is a middle order bat and hard to fit him in, both Krunal and Hooda are better batsmen than Sundar for me and the 6th bowler is ideally a batting allrounder

Excited to see Umesh back in LOIs. I think he has bowled fast and well this IPL so warrants a comeback to the squad.

If he fails, we can pick others ahead of him later but no harm in using Umesh when he is looking good like he has this IPL. I thought he has been very impressive.

11 hours ago, SandeepMotta said:

So rayudu does well in a few matches in IPl and is suddenly in the Indin ODI squad. We have no chance in the 2019 WC with these bunch of jokers as selectors.

Pls don't blame the selectors....look at the squad of A team which they have formed...they are absolutley wonderful

These teams are mainly done by DHONI / Kohli / Shastri...

Such a shame that Raina is still considered for national team

7 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

This is why ipl winds me up . They pick India teams often based on it 

bloody kaul in ffs and rayudu. JeeZ

its pathetic.! They pick like this to boost ipl not India 

IPL is as valid as any cricket for squads to be picked.

8 hours ago, Sooda said:

The 6th bowler issue is a big one- Hardik is not good enough to bowl 10 overs every match. This is where either Kurnal or Hooda would have been handy if they were given a long run. Both can bat in lower middle order and bowl a few overs of tidy part time. Shankar is a middle order bat and hard to fit him in, both Krunal and Hooda are better batsmen than Sundar for me and the 6th bowler is ideally a batting allrounder

In fact, no bowler is guaranteed enough to be good for 10 overs every game. 6th bowling option is a must.