Might be tempted to play kuldeep, chahal in tests too: Virat

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

India should play to its strength and England weakness.

Bowlers:

Kuldeep

Chahal

Ashwin

Ishant (alternate test)/Yadav

Bhuvi (alternate test)/Bumrah

3 spinners + 2 pacers is the combination that will yield the best results for India against England. look at the damage SL is doing today.

Sports are abouut mismatches. The moron shastri will not understand.

SL is playing at home, not in SA.

11 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Cook, Jennings, malan, Stokes - 4 left-handers in the English lineup. Surely, Kuldeep will be the 2nd spinner if India play 2 spinners. And it was really odd of Kuldeep to speak of the selection in 2 days time and that he is looking forward to it.

Why would Kuldeep talk about it? he was asked a question in PC and he replied to it.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Chahar can be picked only if he is replacing BK due to injury. Cant see him play alongside him in these drier conditions.  We will at least need two quick bowlers to use reverse.

Sorry I got confused between chahar and chahal, its chahal I meant to say.

51 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Why would Kuldeep talk about it? he was asked a question in PC and he replied to it.

Did I say he brought it up himself? Yes he was replying to a question. What was odd was the answer itself.

Difference is that in the past, his/Chahal's answers have been on the lines of Ashwin/Jadeja have been doing this for a long time and they are really good at it in the tests. Now, at least from Kuldeep's answer it seems that he is expecting his position in the test team. To say this out loud is a bit improbable if there hasn't been been any such discussion about it with Kohli/Shastri. I think the team management is already thinking on those lines. 

Edited by Samcric

Kuldeep, being a chinaman, spins the stock ball the same way as Ashwin.  What Kohli probably means is that there is room for a guy who turns it into the RHBs and one for a guy who turns it away.  And right now, it's either Chahal or Mishra for leg spin.  Chahal wins that battle.  Now, Ashwin did mention before the IPL that he has been practicing let spin, so ...

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Chahal has not played test so we dont know how he will be.  i am sure on Indian pitches even he will be very good.

we dnt have a problem on indian pitches, i differ .....his success wnt cme much in test as he gets his most wkt when batsman are going after him. Shreyas gopal looks a better option then him for test

15 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

lmao....jaddu won't turn the ball even an inch....                          kuldeep>ashwin>>>>jaddu

So much disrespect to Jaddu. He has outperformed Ashwin in the last 1.5 years. Performed on super flat tracks.

Ideally we should make all 3 spinners play warm ups and picked based on performance.

My ideal choice is 5 bowlers with both Ash and Jaddu for first 2 tests. Then you take a call based on performance. If Kuldeep is unplayable in warm ups, then pick your best 2 spinners. 

Edited by sensible-indian
13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we dnt have a problem on indian pitches, i differ .....his success wnt cme much in test as he gets his most wkt when batsman are going after him. Shreyas gopal looks a better option then him for test

IN T20s and ODIs, pitches are flat. So, most bowlers get wickets batsmen going after them. That wont be the case in tests at home where he will get turning tracks.  Overseas, even Ashwin has not done anything great.

21 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Kuldeep yes....Chahal no, because Ashwin can assist Kuldeep and he can bat too.Jadeja too can play.Won't be a bad idea at all to play 5-1-5  with Ashwin at 5th spot so that Pandya,Jadeja,Kuldeep,Bhuvi ,Bumrah forms the other 5 bowlers. The runs contributed by  5 all rounders( even Kuldeep can bat atleast a bit)  can at the least exceed by a little bit that those scored by a hack like Pujara.That would provide various bowling options too.

Ash at 5 lmao