Looks like our only consolation in our overseas tours will be Kohli's century !!!

velu

6 hours ago, velu said:

Now i feel why our previous generation were defensive about Sachin and his stats.

For decades sachin's century was their only consolation. :(( 

_3f5ffc6a-c1d1-11e7-9033-2159153d9ac6.jp

Sachin never emerged best scorer from both sides on any overseas test to my recollection.I rate Kohli far higher in this regards, if in form Kohli has ability which Sachin never had.

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Sachin never emerged best scorer from both sides on any overseas test to my recollection.I rate Kohli far higher in this regards, if in form Kohli has ability which Sachin never had.

Well we had really bad bowlers back then. He did though the 148 in South Africa, 200 in Sydney. May be there are more can’t remember.

8 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Sehwag again :cantstop:

That's just an easiest example. SRT 146 caperown got life as well early on. Here conditions were more difficult to bat than capetwon. There only Steyn was really threatening. Here at least three bowlers were making the ball talk.

I will only say this once. Only kids who never saw Sachin's career in its entirety, and the composition of 90's Indian team will even dare to compare Kohli with Sachin. During the best part of Sachin's career, he always had to bear the weight of the entire team on his shoulders. Not one match, not 2 matches, but almost all the matches! 

And we are not even talking about the quality of bowling he had to face and the kind of hype he had to face. Every match used to be a Sachin vs Mcgrath/ Akram/ Akhtar/ Donald/ Warnie/ Murali etc etc etc! 

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

I will only say this once. Only kids who never saw Sachin's career in its entirety, and the composition of 90's Indian team will even dare to compare Kohli with Sachin. During the best part of Sachin's career, he always had to bear the weight of the entire team on his shoulders. Not one match, not 2 matches, but almost all the matches! 

And we are not even talking about the quality of bowling he had to face and the kind of hype he had to face. Every match used to be a Sachin vs Mcgrath/ Akram/ Akhtar/ Donald/ Warnie/ Murali etc etc etc! 

Yeah people forget the number of ATG bowlers he faced, at their peak - Ambrose, Walsh, Mcgrath, Warne, Wasim, Waqar, Donald, Pollock, Steyn, Murali, Anderson. He held his own against most of them, including Anderson. It's only in the last 2 years of his career that peak Jimmy troubled him, in part due to analytics.

For anyone who doesn't know about the role of analytics in our 2011 losses, go have a read at TCM.

Edited by R!TTER
23 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Not really. Tendulkar was a lone warrior only till 96. After that, Dravid and Ganguly arrived. Later Laxman and then Sehwag. So saying he had to take burden in all the matches is a gross injustice to achievements of other four greats. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

That's just an easiest example. SRT 146 caperown got life as well early on. Here conditions were more difficult to bat than capetwon. There only Steyn was really threatening. Here at least three bowlers were making the ball talk.

i agree, chanceless innings is a rarity in test cricket or any form for that matter

58 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not really. Tendulkar was a lone warrior only till 96. After that, Dravid and Ganguly arrived. Later Laxman and then Sehwag. So saying he had to take burden in all the matches is a gross injustice to achievements of other four greats. 

'Lone warrier' doesn't mean 'other than Sachin  each and every one of  them didn't  score massively in every series '.For instance take Ganguly .He was great in ENG, but in other nations he was at the best only ' mere good' . Dravid was extremely moderate in SAF & SL. He was pathetic even in his first AUS tour where Ind was whitewashed.With Sehwag , the lesser said the better in seam countries.Laxman was extraordinary in AUS, but didn't replicate it in any other country.So generally Sachin was a lone warrier  till 2000. It improved a lot in 2000s. That's all.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Read my post again . Please read that I mentioned 'during the best part of his career'. In any event, for your argument, read rtmohanlal's comment. 

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

Raf bhai what i can not agree is that quality of atheletes in any sport can deteriorate. Cant agree that sachin can be given any benefit because he faced alledged better bowlers.

Not saying about deterioration. Talking about the quality of opposition he had to face with little or no support from the other end, and not even having half the quality of bowlers in his team, compared to what we have now. It makes a difference.

6 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Not saying about deterioration. Talking about the quality of opposition he had to face with little or no support from the other end, and not even having half the quality of bowlers in his team, compared to what we have now. It makes a difference.

He had more sd on skill over his team peers when compared to kohli. That can be said about batting. In bowling indian bowling from Zak and sreesanth in one odd series or Srinath in one odd never was world class..that is agreeable too. So Sachin had to work harder in a game to match and eclipse his opposition batting peers. Thats agreeable.