Can India win the World Cup with Kohli-Shastri duo?

We made it to the finals of the last tournament in England with a worse team. We can of course win.

WC is a single elimination tournament at the knockout stages, so we could also be out early as well. It's all about being the best team on the day.

49 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

I think we will reach the semis(if somehow we don't **** up) & then get eliminated by some other team.

If we proceed any further it will only be a bonus imo. There are grave concerns with our LOI team which needs to be addressed. 

Dhoni, Rahane along with our captain coach will ensure that we don’t go further in the WC.

2 minutes ago, Moochad said:

We are 2nd or 3rd favorites after England and maybe Australia. 

SA aren't scary anymore(ABD didn't un-retire did he?)

1,2 and 3 and then there is nothing in the team,if in any match any of 2 from top 3 flop,it will be all over 

Ours is the most retrograde and formulaic ODI sides in the world

The issue is we have passengers deadwoods in our middle orders

Dhoni is done unfortunately has no place in the side if he plays an innings like he did at Lords or in Leeds with a 50-60 sr we are in trouble can our aggressive captain drop him is he brave enough to do that?

Raina:Finished at international level was a mistake to call him in the t20 side in South Africa and then him coming back to ODI side

Pandey-One dimensional player with no power game 

Rahane-Kohli’s floater in the One Day side should be not be in the side at all

These players need to be replaced by Pant/Shaw or Gill but unfortunately none of them will be getting any chances as it’s important to play friends and relatives in the side who knows Captain and Coach might recall Jhadav/Yuvraj/Rayudu as he loves experienced players in the side :giggle:.Still can’t believe that Pant in 2017 was not played on that tour To Caribbean and was not a regular in the side.At best maybe will reach the Semi Finals.

11 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Must be embarrassing for the fans in UK to spend their hard earned money to watch them lose with out any fight 

Its lucky draw system. People apply for tickets with full payment (generally £100/- per Indian match).

BTW, Despite house full and all during our odi series, This was the first time, I got multiple messages that someone is selling his ticked on marked price during India England series.

Few more Kohli bravado and ICC stupid rules, I am certain that I will get similar whatsapp message for world Cup.

Point is. Kohli with all his marketing team, is not a Tendulkar for whom people will turn up in stadium, just to catch a glimpse of him batting or walking into crease. No one wants to watch him score century. We want India to win.

Sooner or later, Indian cricket support overseas is going to turn belly up. Why would I support mediocrity and nepotism

Edited by mishra