Will KL Rahul make it count in the 2nd innings?

another inadequate candidate who seems to be a  block  for India in further abroad tours. When the series was live and on , he went for a hiding and couldn't handle it .Now coming with a 100 to  save his own career at the expense of  grief of millions of fans across the country. Yet another Pujara  in the making.Unless he scores a 200+ and earns a draw, I don't count him.

Edited by rtmohanlal

another inadequate candidate who seems to be a  block  for India in further abroad tours. When the series was live and on , he went for a hiding and couldn't handle it .Now coming with a 100 to  save his own career at the expense of  grief of millions of fans across the country. Yet another Pujara  in the making.Unless he scores a 200+ and earns a draw, I don't count him.

Honestly man , stop taking cricket seriously.. It is all fixed and screwed.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

they didn't have to face Broaderson with score 2 for 3 did they? Indians shortselling players they don't like.

Yaar, sounds more like you are a fan of Rahul than anything to do with me disliking him. 

I don't mind if he gets a run through the Aus series since he did passable there last time, but excuse me for not praising a player who failed in every important innings this series except in a dead rubber when even the chance of a win is out of the question.  

5 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Yaar, sounds more like you are a fan of Rahul than anything to do with me disliking him. 

I don't mind if he gets a run through the Aus series since he did passable there last time, but excuse me for not praising a player who failed in every important innings this series except in a dead rubber when even the chance of a win is out of the question.  

Before this test how much did ATG Cook score as an opener? in the 3rd test Rahul was in 2 50 partnership with Dhawan that was bas for others to score. Not like he failed on every occasion.

7 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Honestly man , stop taking cricket seriously.. It is all fixed and screwed.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

or  always place very low expectations on this team. Then disappointments and frustrations also will be very less. If a Shai Hope can win a match for Windies in ENG, if an Angelo Mathews  can play a come from behind inns to win a series in ENG, if PAK can bat second chasing

a very  low total and then take a very big first inns lead so that they required to chase very little and win the match in ENG, then I seriously don't know why these hacks  can't do a fraction of those things that  calls for lots steely resolve.We all can claim that  the 1st & 4rth  test were very close losses because of having to chase in the 4rth inns, but the fact is that this team failed to take advantage by taking a huge  lead  in the first inns itself that would have gone a long way in winning the match.WI,PAK,SL all can, but these hacks can't

11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Before this test how much did ATG Cook score as an opener? in the 3rd test Rahul was in 2 50 partnership with Dhawan that was bas for others to score. Not like he failed on every occasion.

Sure, and I said Rahul should be given a chance in the middle order! Probably it should be at the cost of Rahane at 5, as Pujara is decent at 3 thus far this series.

The Cook and Jennings excuse is irrelevant imo. The English commies themselves have been trashing Cook and Jennings for their performances this series as openers. They don't view the conditions as unplayable here barring the 2nd test. Cook has also sucked for the last 2 years, which is why he is retiring.

Even though I am not sold to his technique for the incoming delivery still he has the potential to make it at this level if he seriously works on his game .

This away cycle should be a good learning curve for him to become a better batsman .

we shouldn't discard Raul straightaway ,he will play in Australia and will be a regular member of the test team 

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

It's his first England tour. Please show some mercy. England have bowlers like Anderson and broad. Most of our batsmen struggled.

This current innings by Rahul and Pant is the definition of the word "Intent," which is the buzzword the Kohli-Shastri duo throw around for their plan for Test cricket. Even if these two don't pull off the chase, and while people are correct it is a dead rubber on a flat track, these are terrific innings by these two. It is is interesting that one can get an insight into how Kohli's mind works in terms of how he views how test batting should be. This is also why Dhawan gets selected, even though he is a consistent failure overseas thus far. He is also viewed as having the ability to show this kind of intent. (This is also why players like Vijay and Pujara get dropped, as they can't play this way). 

The problem arises from the question of whether this type of batting can work outside of flatter surfaces. If it can, should we drop Pujara as well and replace him with a player who can show this type of "Intent"? If not, then should we drop players who thus far don't show much defensive technique and scour domestics for more traditional grind-it-out Test batsmen?  Or does a mixture of the two work?

Edited by Tibarn
29 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

This current innings by Rahul and Pant is the definition of the word "Intent," which is the buzzword the Kohli-Shastri duo throw around for their plan for Test cricket. Even if these two don't pull off the chase, and while people are correct it is a dead rubber on a flat track, these are terrific innings by these two. It is is interesting that one can get an insight into how Kohli's mind works in terms of how he views how test batting should be. This is also why Dhawan gets selected, even though he is a consistent failure overseas thus far. He is also viewed as having the ability to show this kind of intent. (This is also why players like Vijay and Pujara get dropped, as they can't play this way). 

The problem arises from the question of whether this type of batting can work outside of flatter surfaces. If it can, should we drop Pujara as well and replace him with a player who can show this type of "Intent"? If not, then should we drop players who thus far don't show much defensive technique and scour domestics for more traditional grind-it-out Test batsmen?  Or does a mixture of the two work?

Just pick players who score runs. It's not that complicated.

Even though I am not sold to his technique for the incoming delivery still he has the potential to make it at this level if he seriously works on his game .
This away cycle should be a good learning curve for him to become a better batsman .
we shouldn't discard Raul straightaway ,he will play in Australia and will be a regular member of the test team 

His incoming delivery problem arises recently....I have been watching him and he never had this problem....
Hopefully he fixes it pretty soon ..
He should talk to Mahela and Rohit about this....they have overcome this problem

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

It's his first England tour. Please show some mercy. England have bowlers like Anderson and broad. Most of our batsmen struggled.

for what .... for failing in 9 out of 10 inns there by  being one of the prime reasons for  loosing beyond 2-3 margin???? If he enabled India to lose 2-3 at least(which in turn would have gone a long way in ensuring  that IND lose only a few points there by  still keeping the no:1 tag) , I would have defended him. And we can say  it was his first AUS tour, it was his first  SAF tour, it was his first ENG tour etc etc.

The result..... IND keeps on losing series after series .If we want to win  or at least  lose by close margins, we need more consistant  & much more mentally tough players, not dead rubber easy condition scorers  who scores when there is nothing to  lose  .  

Edited by rtmohanlal
4 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

The result IND keeps on losing series after series .If we want to win  or at least  lose by close margins, we need more consistant players, not dead rubber easy condition scorers  who scores when there is nothing to  lose  .  

There is no such thing as dead rubbers in Test cricket. Every match is important and you don't spend 5 days of time thinking it's for nothing.