Rahane vs Vihari : Who should be in the XI at Adelaide ?

SK_IH

Who should be in the XI at Adelaide ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be in the XI at Adelaide ?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2018 at 10:51 AM

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

KL Rahul isn't in form. Shaw untested. Pujara failed in Aus last time. Rahane's recent form worry. Vihari untested. Pant untested. So basically except Virat every batsman is big worry on this tour.

the aussie batters arent that great either.if our bowlers bowl well we will have an even contest

15 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

Why didn't India ask for more games? And ask for 1st class games what are the Indians thinking Indians come across as arrogant.

yes ...arrogant, not because they feel of surely winning the series with out adequate practice matches but because they feel that what ever be the series result  due to their carefree attitude, they  are unanswerable to any body let alone ordinary cricket fans of the nation

.That is why I feel these morons need to be publicly dealt with in the utmost extremes.

Rahane should play. We cannot experiment on that part. He has the ability and history to play crucial partnerships which can help test cricket. Please don't forget his contribution both tests won this year by india. He is currently terribly inconsistent though and should be dropped after a failure in this series. 

One left field suggestion is trying rohit and Shaw as opener if we somehow need him in the team. I believe we must play two genuine spinners in Adelaide. If Aus chase 200 250 in the 4th, Kuldeep ashwin together should ideally win us the match. Pitches in Aus differ drastically rather than in England.

Although swing has ruled Adelaide last few years, it was primarily because of day night tests. Would be very interesting to see how the pitch behaves. Generally bowlers are murdered during first two days.

16 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Shaw is anyway going to feature,but,Vihari seems a grinder,apt for test cricket

We should move on from Rahane

Rahane being a fake SENA perfomer should go back to school cricket as it seems has forgotten the art of batting

Rahane has not evolved at all. Every one including the much criticized Pandya,Ashwin,Ishant and Pujara have “tried” their best to improve and make a change. Did it work for them is a different debate. However Rahane is still the same player he was since his debut.

Vihari yes. Tailor made for Tests. Don’t think he will feature in any shorter formats.

Pujara & Rahane  should not be given further  chances if they fail in the on going series, especially Pujara.For me Pujara is not eligible to play in the on going series even.7 or 8 series in SENA and yet a failure in each one of them.I would be surprised if Pujara avg:s above 50 this series because I don't know how a batsman can all of a sudden improve so much in alien conditions. 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

Rahane has not evolved at all. Every one including the much criticized Pandya,Ashwin,Ishant and Pujara have “tried” their best to improve and make a change. Did it work for them is a different debate. However Rahane is still the same player he was since his debut.

Vihari yes. Tailor made for Tests. Don’t think he will feature in any shorter formats.

Rahane has actually got worse year on year since he made his debut. Not only mentally weak but has THE worst body language, looks like he's about to cry when he reaches the crease.