Match is over

7 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Game is over. Only delusional blind Indian supporters would believe we have a chance.

We have seen this scenario ad nauseum play out 9/10 times. India loses this match from this position.

172/3  doesn't look so bad eh?  If we can get through the 2nd new ball without losing more than 1 wicket, there's a good chance we can get a handy lead here.  

6 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Perth becomes bowling friendly on 2nd and 3rd day but umeedh pe duniya kaayam hai. You are not the only fan here. Everyone wants India to win but some realism helps.

Writing a team off before even half an innings of a test is complete, is not "realism".  Its phattu-ism.  Not every test is won by front-running all the way.  

@maniac By the way, Lyon has bowled 22 overs so far and given up 34 runs.  In comparison, India bowled 15 overs of spin and gave away 63 runs.  Add 30 runs to our score right now and see what a difference that makes - not to mention the momentum impact, and aus pacers having to bowl fewer overs.

You don't need a spinner to "run through a side" to contribute.  Its all about having a balanced bowling unit.  

Don't know why such hue and cry about this pitch ? I like this pitch and this is how it should be at Perth. 

If the sun is out tomorrow and day after ,then only we might see the cracks widening a  bit and the pitch quickening even more but today it played fine (was quick though ).

1st session shouldnt be too tough to handle ,its the afternoon and late session when the wkt begin to change its character ,bounce becomes invariable and pitch quickens up ,hopefully we get close to aus total and then they come out to bat in the evening session with our quicks getting the best time to bowl at them  

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

@maniac By the way, Lyon has bowled 22 overs so far and given up 34 runs.  In comparison, India bowled 15 overs of spin and gave away 63 runs.  Add 30 runs to our score right now and see what a difference that makes - not to mention the momentum impact, and aus pacers having to bowl fewer overs.

You don't need a spinner to "run through a side" to contribute.  Its all about having a balanced bowling unit.  

You are right in a way and it cost us a few runs in the first innings but I have a feeling that umesh will come handy with the ball in the next dig and vihari's batting might come handy tomorrow so missing out on jadeja might not be that bad say after day 3/4 as compared to what it looked yesterday .

Lyon bowled well but he wont pick wkts here unless some cracks open up on day 4 

3 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

i guess pitch was a drop in

lost a lot of character.

Was misbehaving after it broke up from its initial state yesterday but has settled down now. The bowling was tight but not unplayable.

From tomorrow's post-tea session things might start getting difficult.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

172/3  doesn't look so bad eh?  If we can get through the 2nd new ball without losing more than 1 wicket, there's a good chance we can get a handy lead here.  

Writing a team off before even half an innings of a test is complete, is not "realism".  Its phattu-ism.  Not every test is won by front-running all the way.  

Fascinating and riveting Day 3 presents for us.

37 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Good batting by the fab 3 ..Pujara was unlucky to tickle one down the leg side. Kohli and Eahane, grwat surviving and counter attacking as well. Hope they fare the same way today.

I don't like to give the unlucky excuse for the legside strangle.  If you are not in control of that shot, leave the ball then.  Having said that, Pujara's 24 added more value than just those runs, especially after both openers shat themselves.  So can't be hard on him.  

Only way we can win this test is if we take a meaningful lead.  That toss was definitely worth 50 runs here.  I think its going to be really impressive if we can somehow get through that new ball without any damage - if we do, I think we can roll onwards to a winning score.  

As much as I'm not sold on Vihari, I will say that it feels a bit comforting to have a proper batsman coming in next in case we lose one early tomorrow.  And can't be too harsh on him if he fails either.  

Fingers crossed, we'll have a great 1st session tonight, and then onwards to an awesome day that ends with a nice Kangaroo collapse!

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't like to give the unlucky excuse for the legside strangle.  If you are not in control of that shot, leave the ball then.  Having said that, Pujara's 24 added more value than just those runs, especially after both openers shat themselves.  So can't be hard on him.

It's a clichéd thing to say, when one gets out tickling down the legside, 'cause it's very rare and esp for top order batsman to get out that way.

43 minutes ago, goose said:

I said in the match thread after close of play I fancy a double from Kohli. he was outstanding today. 

I will drink up if he gets a solid 150, double is asking for too much. He has to restart tomorrow and get past the new ball. 

Indian test cricket has been must see tv on this round of ANUS tours. The team has consistently fronted up to challenges, and if not for some injuries and self inflicted selection stupidity, the results would have been a lot better. Can't wait for tonight. 

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

No one is writing off the team. At the end of the day everyone wants India to win.

Stop bringing padosiisms like phattu,daler,brave etc. 

After day 1 Aussies were 260/6 which was a 60-40 situation in favor of Aussies on this pitch

India bowled badly with the new ball on a bowling friendly pitch.

Given India’s long problem with the tail, it was kind of ominous signs. Tell me what were  the odds of Ishant picking 2 in 2 or Ishant and Umesh of all people wrapping up 9,10 and jack in the space of 3-4 overs going by our recent trend?

India made a good comeback and 320 odd is still a 50-50 score.

Indian openers flopped as expected. Kohli,Pujara and Rahane were expected to perform if we have a shot as our lower order and tail again has been hopeless.

There are exceptions to the rule and who knows Pant and Vihari can spring a surprise. “Surprise” being the key word.

It is one thing to be hopeful and it is another to throw statements in the air like we are in the drivers seat etc. I am not saying you did but most of us are wary and fearing the worst based on historical data. Nothing phattu or pessimistic about it.

Tommorow is the key. We can either set up the game to absolutely win comfortably or totally surrender and bring Aussies back. Right now situation is again 50-50 with no clear favorites.may be still 60-40 in favor of Aussies.

Edited by Global.Baba

For India to be safe and in drivers seat we need a minimum of 60 odd run lead. So about 210 run more. Anything over 200 will be a uphill task on this pitch in the 4th innings.

210 runs look a long way away especially with our tail and lower order. One of these batsmen have to go big.

The other option is to bowl out Aussies within 125 runs.

So while situation has improved from day 1, we are still not on the front foot.

Edited by Global.Baba