Announced : India’s squad for ODI series against Australia and New Zealand

1.  Bumrah should have been rested  in the T20I series vs NZ.  Too much workload for him.

Yes, he needs ODI practice as preparation for the World Cup ... but no point taxing his body in bilateral T20Is.

2.  Vijay Shankar has done really really well in the recently concluded 50 over A-team games.  He should have been included in the ODI squad as a backup for Hardik Pandya.
Esp when you know that world cup is in England and his gentle swing bowling will be very handy

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

1.  Bumrah should have been rested  in the T20I series vs NZ.  Too much workload for him.

Yes, he needs ODI practice as preparation for the World Cup ... but no point taxing his body in bilateral T20Is.

2.  Vijay Shankar has done really really well in the recently concluded 50 over A-team games.  He should have been included in the ODI squad as a backup for Hardik Pandya.

Like the idea of resting Bumrah. Anways, with IPL coming he has enough time to get some

more bowling practice where he is definitely going to play plenty of games if not all befor world cup, so they should think about resting him here before he gets over-worked.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:41 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

this will probably be the WC squad as well. Top 3 are fine, ditto for spin duo and bumrah. that's around 5-6 players we don't need to worry about. our middle order is still inconsistent/slow compared to other WC favs (Dhoni, Karthik, Jadhav, Pandya). Support for Bumrah is also bad - Bhuvi cannot take wkts, and even his control is not the same post-return from injury. gonna be problematic on the whole.

5 hours ago, Pandya_Power said:

Pathetic!! Khaleel is at best a  T20 tamasha bowler. Can't see us winning a WC with him being one of the pacers.

Looks like our WC fortunes will depend entirely on Kuldeep and the openers. Bumrah - if he stays fit can be a trump card.

Khaleel will be good in english conditions. I am just wishing he again starts bowling fast like he did before.

5 hours ago, Vijy said:

this will probably be the WC squad as well. Top 3 are fine, ditto for spin duo and bumrah. that's around 5-6 players we don't need to worry about. our middle order is still inconsistent/slow compared to other WC favs (Dhoni, Karthik, Jadhav, Pandya). Support for Bumrah is also bad - Bhuvi cannot take wkts, and even his control is not the same post-return from injury. gonna be problematic on the whole.

Krunal in place of Jadeja would have been ideal.