Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Squad

Pant

Aggarwal

Karthik

Chahal

If what Shastri says is true that Kohli may think about batting at 4, we can get rid of Rayudu and bat Pant/Aggarwal in the top 3. If the conditions are not swing friendly, Bhuvi can make way for Chahal and Karthik as a standby for Jadhav/Rayudu. You can also drop Rayudu and move everyone up and play Pant at 6/7. Basically despite his recent performance, Rayudu will be the most likely to be dropped.

Edited by Real McCoy
On 2/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, bendit100 said:

This is the team which has the highest probability of winning the World Cup in England.....

4 Batsmen + 2 Pace All-Rounders + 1 Spin-All rounder+ 2 Fast Bowlers + 1 Spin Bowler

This is the combo we played today and won from a difficult situation.

Had we played only 7 batsmen, we would have lost this game for sure. In a pressure game, the probability of a top order collapse is higher and hence we need to play an extra batsmen like we played today. We will face a collapse in the QF, SF or Final for sure....that is almost given. 

If Imran took Inzimam to the 92 World Cup, surely we can take Gill becoz he is a special player. Indian selectors have a very conservative mindset. Gill should be groomed on a urgent basis as both Raiidu and DK are highly unreliable. 

Rohit Sharma was a surprise package in our first T20 World Cup and we won that. 

Rayadu and Jadeja are the biggest question marks. Do we need 3 spinners in England? Rayadu as a overseas batsman good enough? Then who exactly is a better replacement of Rayadu?

Imo, we will go with these 2 set of players as they are tried and tested. And the lack of better alternatives...

On 3/7/2019 at 5:04 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  1. Rohit
  2. Dhawan
  3. kohli 
  4. shankar
  5. dhoni
  6. jadhav
  7. hardik
  8. kuldeep
  9. chahal
  10. shami
  11. bumrah
  12.  bhuvi
  13. rahul
  14. pant
  15. Still hoping Ankit rajpoot finds his way by miracle 

Have the same squad in mind..

But Pant and Rahul need to get games now with only two to go..

15th was Rayudu or Jadeja acc to the TM..  Neither is good enough to make it to the squad.. But, I doubt they'll bring in anybody new at this stage... And between these two, I'll pick Jadeja any day...  Use him just as a fielder as resist the temptation to play him in the XI except maybe against minnows to give Kulcha a break 

With just one more ODI to go,we still have the same weakness that we've had since the last World Cup.

1)No solid option at number 4

2)No big hitter other than Pandya

I guess this is going to be the same as 2015 World Cup where we will reach the semis because all other teams suck more than us.However there is hope if the TM is a bit flexible and tries to make the best use of the resources it has.

We still need Dhoni for his keeping(Not that his place was ever in doubt as far as TM is concerned)

Rohit 

Dhawan

Kohli

Dhoni-(He is useless at 5 or 6 as he's lost his hitting ability,might as well send him to do his tuk tuk at the top so atleast Kohli can compensate)

Shankar(The only real find in a year)

Jadhav/Pant(Jhadav if his bowling hasnt been decoded else Pant)

Hardik(Only hitter)

Chahal/Jadeja

Kuldeep

Shami(Always take him over Bhuvi)

Bumrah

Rohit

Dhawan/KL

Kohli

Vijay Shankar

Dhoni/Pant

Jadhav/Karthik

Pandya

Bhuvi/Chahal

Shami

Kukdeep

Bumrah

I don't want to take an extra bowler for the sake of taking one.DK is must for doing finishing duties because I have a feeling jadhav will fall short.

11 Rohit, Shikar, Virat, MSD, Shankar, Kedar, Hardik, Kuldeep, Shami, Jasprit, Chahal

Bench : Bhuvneshwar, Jadeja, Rahul, DK

I wouldnt mind a 5 to 7 of... Shankar, Hardik, Dinesh... that gives it muscle in the closing stages of an innings. But not sure we can trust Shankar and Hardik with 10 ovs between them

21 minutes ago, Sooda said:

11 Rohit, Shikar, Virat, MSD, Shankar, Kedar, Hardik, Kuldeep, Shami, Jasprit, Chahal

Bench : Bhuvneshwar, Jadeja, Rahul, DK

I wouldnt mind a 5 to 7 of... Shankar, Hardik, Dinesh... that gives it muscle in the closing stages of an innings. But not sure we can trust Shankar and Hardik with 10 ovs between them

Not that jadhav is reliable with bowling.  At least with these 3, fielding is well covered , Not a liability like jadhav.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Shankar

Dhoni

DK/Pant

Hardik

Krunal/Jaddu

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

This gives us good batting depth till number 8. 2 spin options, I dont think we will need more than that in England. Two genuine wicket taking attacking pacers. And decent fifth bowlers in the form of Pandya and Shankar.

We need to stop experimenting with Kohli's batting position. He belongs at 3. Just have Shankar or Dhoni bat at 4.

Biriyani and Rahul are useless, have them replaced with DK/Pant. Jadhav too is a lollypop bowler and is struggling with the bat these days as well.

Bhuvi and Chahal are useless too. Shami and Krunal are ideal replacements for them.

Edited by motomaverick

Rohit

Dhawan

KL

Kohli

Pant

Pandya

Dhenier

Chahal/Bhuvi

Shami

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Reserves: Shankar,Shaw/Jadhav,One more seamer 

The lesser balls Dhoni bats thats better.If he gets injured,play Shankar in his place.I hate how openers can't score more than 6 in the powerplay.Shankar's batting is good.But as far as bowling is concerned Pandya is much better.KL must play.He is terrible in tests.But in ODIs & T20s,he has better striking ability than both Rohit & Dhawan.He needs to be given more confidence. Kohli at 4 solves the shaky lower order problem.Allows us to play 1 reliable batsmen till the end.If there is swing,play Bhuvi over Chahal. Jadhav's bowling has been decoded & he will be tonked around in England.So,no need to play him there.

Most important thing:Keep Rayudu as far as possibile.

Edited by diehardpacer
10 hours ago, flamy said:

I don't see anything that Pant has done to put him ahead of Dinesh Karthik

i dnt see what has DK done to earn a spot in ODI as well , if only he has shown the ability to play cameos while chasing a small amount of runs left . DK has blown away so many chances to take team out of trouble in recent times as well.  Pant has started to have an aura around him that he can take a match away.......sometimes a mental pressure like this on opp is important. 

Even pant showed that day he can play a cameo and who knws he can do more, but DK for sure cant do more then a cameo

17 hours ago, flamy said:

I don't see anything that Pant has done to put him ahead of Dinesh Karthik

The reason to include Pant is that Pandya's fitness is in question.. there is no lower order power hitters if Pandya doesn't get fit or gets injured during the WC..

Whether Pant or DK is the best person for that role is anyone's guess.