Indian team have mismanaged Rishabh Pant's LOI career so far

sandeep

Depends on where people think he should bat. He was never going to be in the top 3, until after WC2019, so the problem was finding where in the lineup he belonged. Unfortunately, none of the batsmen tried really picked themselves or seized what chances they got: DK, Rahul, Jadhav, Pant, Rayudu, Yuvraj. All were either young, old, or flawed, and preparations for the WC didn't really happen until sometime after the CT.

Making things worse, all our top 3 are so good, they would win most matches themselves, with little exposure for anyone lower in the totem pole. 

Add to that Dhoni having a guaranteed spot in the side, and there were too few spaces/opportunities to try out new players.

WC preparations have all together been a huge mess.   

25 minutes ago, zen said:

that is what I implied .... that he batted with RR manageable (relatively low scores, bowlers doing a good job) .... relatively low SR implies that the task was relatively easier (manageable RRR due to low totals and/or someone at the top having played with a high SR) :winky:

Apply the same filter to other players...since 2017...at no.4..if Someone is better then I agree..Still I wouldn't say DK should play at 4. Just saying he was kept on and off the team often, but has done enough to be in the WC squad. 

2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Apply the same filter to other players...since 2017...at no.4..if Someone is better then I agree..Still I wouldn't say DK should play at 4. Just saying he was kept on and off the team often, but has done enough to be in the WC squad. 

I like DK. And hope that he is able to find some form in IPL to be considered (but not over youngsters with immense potential) 

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

Context is from 2017...

these filtered stats wil never show how he never stoodup for team when in collapse 

these filtered stats will never show how many starts he threw look in asa cup

These filtered stats will never show he doesnt knw that he shud ground the bat while running, which we saw in asia cup.....thats a basic 

He dropped catches to 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

these filtered stats wil never show how he never stoodup for team when in collapse 

these filtered stats will never show how many starts he threw look in asa cup

These filtered stats will never show he doesnt knw that he shud ground the bat while running, which we saw in asia cup.....thats a basic 

He dropped catches to 

So...stats are bad..lol

If anyone has done all that the past two years, why would I argue for DK to be in the squad?

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

You missed the delusional point of that post - Dinesh Karthik and Vijay Shankar are deserving paavam tamilians who got screwed over by a North Indian.  :p:

Not my intention to detail your thread, just cited a few examples supporting your logic. By the same logic I can call you Marathi manhoos? But I won't do that :wink:

2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

So...stats are bad..lol

If anyone has done all that the past two years, why would I argue for DK to be in the squad?

one 64* can make stats look diff 

who has been given a proper run in last 2 yrs.....most wrong players. If DK was so good he wud have holded a place but he kept loosing place from test to ODI

3 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Not my intention to detail your thread, just cited a few examples supporting your logic. By the same logic I can call you Marathi manhoos? But I won't do that :wink:

See that's whats funny - I'm not marathi - but way to jump to wrong conclusions and "logic".  

First of all, My comment was made tongue in cheek - i.e. not serious.  2nd, DK has been a failure at #4.  SO claiming that he was pushed out because he did well there, is just silly.

1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

"High risk reward player" is that the polite way of saying Hack and where would he  fit in ? World's Best opening pair or replacing world's best batsmen at 3 ? He had his chances and he has done nothing yet in LOIs. 

We have committed to him as 1st choice test 'keeper.  Hack or not, he's a lock to get repeated opportunities in white ball cricket also.  Question is, how best to maximize the value a player can add to the team.  

Pant as of now and DK and for the matter of fact even Dhoni are not good enough to play as batsmen. They don’t deserve to occupy a slot if they don’t keep.

So with Dhoni playing only LOIs and not missing much either , Pant never got a chance.

I have pointed out before that it is stupid to play with 3 keeper-bats in the same side.

So apart from Dhoni hanging on to one more wc dream don’t see where Pant could have fit in.

In fact I am glad he was not played as a pure bat. That would have totally destroyed him.

He should play as a keeper-bat or should not be in the line up.

I would rather play a combo of Shankar,Pandya ahead of Pant and Dk. You get the same number of runs with better fielding and bowling flexibility.

Pant is probably playing with more pressure on him than any other player .

With Dhoni still around and his gang of fans and lobbies...every move he makes is under the microscope. 

Not to mention the utterly biased commentators.

Even the slip catch misses are attributed to him.wides are his fault . Today the ass manju even called out Pant when the batsmen took an easy single. It is like they are just waiting for the ball to go in his direction and they start off.

When he takes a good catch..

It is the foreign commentator who has to start the good word.

Poor guy is playing with dhoni and his PR sitting on his shoulders. 

No players has had to go though this kind of pressure.

Compare this to the debut dhoni had and the all round support he got.

1 minute ago, beetle said:

Pant is probably playing with more pressure on him than any other player .

With Dhoni still around and his gang of fans and lobbies...every move he makes is under the microscope. 

Not to mention the utterly biased commentators.

Even the slip catch misses are attributed to him.wides are his fault . Today the ass manju even called out Pant when the batsmen took an easy single. It is like they are just waiting for the ball to go in his direction and they start off.

When he takes a good catch..

It is the foreign commentator who has to start the good word.

Poor guy is playing with dhoni and his PR sitting on his shoulders. 

No players has had to go though this kind of pressure.

Compare this to the debut dhoni had and the all round support he got.

You gotta appreciate KKD"s perseverance. lol.   Karthik the then keeper who was dethroned by MSD in the mid 2000s. Now same Karthik dethroned by Rishab Pant. Gajini Mohammad. 

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

You gotta appreciate KKD"s perseverance. lol.   Karthik the then keeper who was dethroned by MSD in the mid 2000s. Now same Karthik dethroned by Rishab Pant. Gajini Mohammad. 

DK has himself to blame the first time, he was given ample opportunities to prove himself as a batsman and be part of the starting line up even with Dhoni.

2nd time not his fault. He has performed in every opportunity he got but obviously Pant from a future perspective has a  longer upside.