Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

13 minutes ago, zen said:

As mentioned, Buttler wasn’t as if Ashwin has bowled normally, he would have been inside the crease .... Ashwin did a con job by not bowling normally (and you are saying “did Ashwin release the ball” when If he had released the ball, he would not have the ball in his hand to do the con job) :facepalm:

:facepalm:What bowled. He didn’t even bowl and batsman was out of crease. Thats the point Einstien

9 minutes ago, mishra said:

:facepalm:What bowled. He didn’t even bowl and batsman was out of crease. Thats the point Einstien

Are you even reading what is written? :facepalm:

the point is that he did not bowl to con the batsman, who was inside the crease if he had bowled normally  :facepalm: 

Edited by zen

9 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

No. It was within the rules. Calling it against the spirit I would agree. It is not cheating

If you think that, It is misuse of rules .... and you misuse something to usually do a con job, which is cheating 

1 minute ago, zen said:

If you think that, It is misuse of rules .... and you misuse something to usually do a con job, which is cheating 

Have you heard taking advantages of loopholes in rules and laws. They are frowned upon but not exactly a crime,punishable offense or violation of the law itself.

Edited by Global.Baba

4 minutes ago, zen said:

Are you even reading what is written? :facepalm:

the point is that he did not bowl to con the batsman, who was inside the crease if he had bowled normally .... so he did not bowl to con the batsman :facepalm: 

But thats not the rule? Is it? Onus is on bat to stay in crease till ball is released?

Edited by mishra

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

Have you heard taking advantages of loopholes in rules and laws. They are frowned upon but not exactly a crime,punishable offense or violation of the law itself.

Sports is expected to be played in correct spirit. He set the batsman up, who was doing his normal stuff 

I would not do it. And would not condone my team doing it

Best part about these incidents/controversies is that loopholes in the ICC rules keep getting exposed, and believe me there are many. And Ashwin keeps pushing the boundary as far as finding loopholes is concerned, still remember how he ended the chucking menace.

Today the magnificent trio pay Ash homage for surpassing them, RESPECT :hatsoff:

mahela.jpg.18cfd08cca86351a90368bacc52adae4.jpg

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Sports is expected to be played in correct spirit. He set the batsman up, who was doing his normal stuff 

I would not do it. And would not condone my team doing it

Where do you draw the line? 

If bowler a  is bending their arm at 14.8% 

Is taking heaps of wickets And  the other bowler with an arm straight as an arrow gets less wicket than him, would you call that violating the spirit of cricket.

See what Ashwin did was a little too much and I personally think it took away from a fantastic comeback win for Punjab and even Ashwin’s bowling where he bowled real well.

Calling him a cheat,con is a little too much, he pushed the envelope within the rules to win his team a game. That’s about it.

If there was anything that was beyond the “rules” then blame the umpires for missing it

@zen vs @Muloghonto debate will be unstoppable force vs immovable object, also <50 word posts vs 2000 word essays, West India vs East, USA vs Canada, veganism vs non-veg, Lara vs Sachin fanboyism an additional dimension. Hope to see these 2 debate over some topic, in their minds both are also undefeated in arguments on ICF no matter how wrong they are in the eyes of others, plus both are always willing to stretch the battle for weeks.

P.S: j/k guys, hope I haven't incurred your wrath :nervous::icflove:

Edited by Gollum

13 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Where do you draw the line? 

If bowler a  is bending their arm at 14.8% 

Is taking heaps of wickets And  the other bowler with an arm straight as an arrow gets less wicket than him, would you call that violating the spirit of cricket.

See what Ashwin did was a little too much and I personally think it took away from a fantastic comeback win for Punjab and even Ashwin’s bowling where he bowled real well.

Calling him a cheat,con is a little too much, he pushed the envelope within the rules to win his team a game. That’s about it.

If there was anything that was beyond the “rules” then blame the umpires for missing it

Nobody can call him cheat here. It went to umpire and umpire declared out. He merely appealed. Probably against the spirit of the game. But if Butler is known to leave the crease too often to steal the strike then it is not that offensive as we think. If only Walsh had done the same against pakistan in 1987 world cup they might have even won the world cup. He got spirit award lol That is it.

I liked the video of Gayle. Bowled normally. Saw the batsman run and then stopped (was within his rights to run the batsman out) :hatsoff:

Here Ashwin pretend to bowl, stopped when the batsman got out during his normal stride when the bowler is expected to deliver the ball, and ran him out  .... a con job 

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, zen said:

I liked the video of Gayle. Bowled normally. Saw the batsman run and then stopped (was within his rights to run the batsman out) :hatsoff:

I think in international matches even Ash will be more measured, will at least give a warning as he did to Thirimanne in 2012 CB series....ICC is directly involved there. 

Here Ashwin pretend to bowl, stopped when the batsman got out during his normal stride when the bowler is expected to deliver the ball, and ran him out  .... a con job 

IPL deserves this, because it is cricket entertainment as @Mariyam succinctly explained to a noob like me.

And if the IPL bosses had any brains they would be happy with what they saw today, Ashwin was trending at no 1 worldwide on twitter for many hours at a stretch (even now I guess), in fact IPL completely superseded the election stories despite RaGa's best efforts earlier today. 

Those who run the show will be busy

happy music video GIF by DJ Mustard

Edited by Gollum

On twitter mainly Poms are getting worked up. And Pak!s, but that's expected after what Ash did to their chucker sena...that stunt he pulled off in Dhaka>>>>2011 Mohali.

Majority Indians behaving like tools as expected, spirit of cricket in one line and elaborate details about Ashwin's anatomy and what they plan to do to his family in the next sentence, Indian social media never change. 

Edited by Gollum

It’s a sport. Sportsmanship is something I can understand. WTH is spirit of cricket. Cheating according to select few standards. As if cricket is held to a higher standard then other sports. 

Rules are rules in any game. Batters taking undue advantage is cheating, Running out of crease before the ball is delivered is cheating. No one does anything about that and people starts moaning as if the bowlers have killed someone. Poor bowlers.... they just don’t have anything going for them. 

For people calling out Ashwin, I believe he is one of the great thinking cricketer and he has started a fire to change the definition. Mankading should be called action against cheating, Not against spirit of cricket. 

Edited by krupaksk