Ashwin is too smart for his own good !!!

velu

17 minutes ago, beetle said:

Ashwin blamed a debutant.

Varun or Viljoen

Yeah, I just rewatched. Varun was standing at deep fineleg for Robbie (16.4). Looks like he was supposed to come within the circle for Russell. He did so on the free-hit. 

Interesting, aren’t they supposed to not change the field for free-hit? In this case, they should have kept only three fielders out? :hmmm: 

8 minutes ago, Zelig said:

Yeah, I just rewatched. Varun was standing at deep fineleg for Robbie (16.4). Looks like he was supposed to come within the circle for Russell. He did so on the free-hit. 

Interesting, aren’t they supposed to not change the field for free-hit? In this case, they should have kept only three fielders out? :hmmm: 

Haha.. Never ending loop..

Loophole in the rule...

Edited by bowl_out

Its clear he has no leadership qualities. He didn't retain the key performers from last game. He also mismanages press conferences when he is supposed to be "oversmart". He basically told his trade secrets in England and took the bait of the journalists in last IPL when he said "Yuvi is dropped" and looked like an arrogant prick. Also has some ego and anger issues like we saw in TNPL.

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Its clear he has no leadership qualities. He didn't retain the key performers from last game. He also mismanages press conferences when he is supposed to be "oversmart". He basically told his trade secrets in England and took the bait of the journalists in last IPL when he said "Yuvi is dropped" and looked like an arrogant prick. Also has some ego and anger issues like we saw in TNPL.

I was so pissed off when he did that. This idiot deserve similar treatment and worse. Maybe Punjab sack him an dropm him from the squad in the middle f IPL and later on he gets dropped for WI Tests. We have Kuldeep and Jadeja as lead spinners now.

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I was so pissed off when he did that. This idiot deserve similar treatment and worse. Maybe Punjab sack him an dropm him from the squad in the middle f IPL and later on he gets dropped for WI Tests. We have Kuldeep and Jadeja as lead spinners now.

:shock:

You are a tough guy.

I just feel Ashwin is getting a bit insecure. Why did he not play rajpoot your best Pacer and mujeeb the best spinner. Maybe wanted to show that he can single handedly win the game thereby staking claim for WC spot.

See no other reason to bench two if your best bowlers ...  Though he is legally within his rights I just felt the mankading could have been avoided .  Ashwin lost a fan in me..

Cricket is no sport for gentlemen.... How genial the West Indies with their towering personality look ..miss those days..

4 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I am the minority who is with ash.... Batter should be prepared to lose his wicket without any warning if he comes out of crease without the ball being bowled 

But he wasn't coming out of the crease without ball being bowled, Ashwin completed his action and then waited and waited till batsman stepped out 

18 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

But he wasn't coming out of the crease without ball being bowled, Ashwin completed his action and then waited and waited till batsman stepped out 

Runner should not have momentum also... Only after confirming that ball left bowler's hand, should he get out of crease.... Else he is liable to be run out by the bowler. 

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

I am the minority who is with ash.... Batter should be prepared to lose his wicket without any warning if he comes out of crease without the ball being bowled 

I am with any bowler who mankades. This is preposterous at the highest level to wander outside the crease like nobody's business while the ball is in play. Today Pandya was a yard outside the crease in the last over at the time of release.

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am with any bowler who mankades. This is preposterous at the highest level to wander outside the crease like nobody's business while the ball is in play. Today Pandya was a yard outside the crease in the last over at the time of release.

Yeah....why waste time and energy on stupid warnings.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:39 PM, Jamadagni said:

2/3 matches Kings XI won are flukes. Don't think they will go far with this dumbo as captain. Remember how they couldn't even make playoffs last season despite winning 6/8 in the first half? I see similar thing happening this time too. 

That was his first year as captain. Still did better than Rat. Same this year.