Who is a Liberal ?

ravishingravi

While reading Rahul Roshan’s book « the Sanghi who never went to Shaka » I found stark similarities in his journey with my own and many others. 

It would be interesting analyse and understand how one political inclination evolves. You might be even a apolitical but pushed to take side based on circumstances or hyper activism on other side. Many perhaps got disillusioned by fundamentalism and illiberalism on left liberal side. 

While reading Rahul Roshan’s book « the Sanghi who never went to Shaka » I found stark similarities in his journey with my own and many others. 

It would be interesting analyse and understand how one political inclination evolves. You might be even a apolitical but pushed to take side based on circumstances or hyper activism on other side. Many perhaps got disillusioned by fundamentalism and illiberalism on left liberal side. 

I haven't read the book , but I guarantee I am in the same boat and the journey hasn't been different

Woke 

Feminist

Pronoun specifier

Outright hates majority group

Mostly from majority group but has anti establishment streak running from childhood

Shows love for minority to the point that he or she is accepted as woke by fellow woke people. Will be the first ones getting dealt with when the said minority eventually becomes majority. 

This one a card carrying member. This is attempted humor on Vaxx drive which tweeple are tweeting. It shows more about her hate for the current establishment than being funny. Feminist for you that Indian libtards are RTing and QTing as though a point has been proven.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Woke 

Feminist

Pronoun specifier

Mostly from majority group but has anti establishment streak running from childhood

Shows love for minority to the point that he or she is accepted as woke by fellow woke people. Will be the first ones getting dealt with when the said minority eventually becomes majority. 

Irony is they help create majority. In most democracies there is no clear majority group. There can be issue based majorities. @Mariyam can correct me if I am wrong but Indian constitution doesn’t define concept of minority anywhere. Why should anybody feel like one ?

Edited by ravishingravi

13 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Irony is they help create majority. In most democracies there is no clear majority group. There can be issue based majorities. @Mariyam can correct me if I am wrong but Indian constitution doesn’t define concept of minority anywhere. Why should anybody feel like one ?

Article 29 and 30 do not specify what the 'minorities' are. They mention grounds for classification: Religious and Linguistic.

It's the National Commission of Minorities Act that spells out who these minorities are.

In any case, looking at minorities at a nationwide level in India is just wrong. Should a person belonging to a minority community claim benefits under backwardness or in the name if inclusion of he were to reside in an area where he is a majority.

Edited by Mariyam

24 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Article 29 and 30 do not specify what the 'minorities' are. They mention grounds for classification: Religious and Linguistic.

It's the National Commission of Minorities Act that spells out who these minorities are.

In any case, looking at minorities at a nationwide level in India is just wrong. Should a person belonging to a minority community claim benefits under backwardness or in the name of inclusion of he were to reside in an area where he is a majority.

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

It is all left to interpretation of who minority is, as per our articles of constitution. When it was formulated, in 1951, Legislature assumed that it is based on nationwide percentage of population. As there is no broad group as Hinduism, the castes were the basis of categorizing who was minority.  Muslims were included as minority based on that, as  most was expected to  move to East or West Pakistan. Lot of them remained and politics and vote bank appeasement termed them as minorities. Now, every caste, sub-caste and sub-sub-caste wants to be categorized as minorities for benefits. So, this whole Minority tag for a community in India is a farce in a global concept. Marginalized and under-privileged is the sub-altern terms used instead by liberals in a western terminology. We need to define our own terms for our society and not ape the west. 

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

Woke 

Feminist

Pronoun specifier

Chinese have a word for it - Baizou!

Ew2m-WDXMAcw0AB?format=jpg&name=small

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This one a card carrying member. This is attempted humor on Vaxx drive which tweeple are tweeting. It shows more about her hate for the current establishment than being funny. Feminist for you that Indian libtards are RTing and QTing as though a point has been proven.

yeah man...i agree.. Namo is great, lets name Gujrat state as Narendra modi.. or better lets name India as Narendra modi.. that sounds abt right.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, Gollum said:

Kahaan se aate hain yeh log?

A fair few Muslims celebrate Raksha Bandhan.  It isn't seen as a religious festival as much as a celebration of culture. Its a composite culture that Muslims too are a part of. Can a sentence end with a preposition? Probably not.

I have not heard of cases where Muslims are opposed to tying rakhis because its a festival from the Hindu faith. That kind of opposition is definitely not the norm.

The opposition to Raksha Bandhan is mainly from the " a woman shouldn't need protection and could protect herself yadda yadda "school of thought. Not that I necessarily disagree, but that's a totally different discussion.

Edited by Mariyam

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

A fair few Muslims celebrate Raksha Bandhan.  It isn't seen as a religious festival as much as a celebration of culture. Its a composite culture that Muslims too are a part of. Can a sentence end with a preposition? Probably not.

I have not heard of cases where Muslims are opposed to tying rakhis because its a festival from the Hindu faith. That kind of opposition is definitely not the norm.

The opposition to Raksha Bandhan is mainly from the " a woman shouldn't need protection and could protect herself yadda yadda "school of thought. Not that I necessarily disagree, but that's a totally different discussion.

Ok my full post isn't visible, just that tweet.

A few Muslims may celebrate RB, a few past Muslim rulers may have celebrated it in their courts, but Mughals "invented" it? Few so called historians may believe that Mughals taught us backward natives how to dress, what to eat, invented our festivals etc......as if India was a big zero before their entry. These kind of assertions shouldn't go unchallenged.

Edited by Gollum

Mughal festival that originated in Delhi? @Mariyam

RB finds mention in the Puranas, ancient India stuff. Mughals is medieval India. I don't have an issue with the Shah Alam story, may have happened, may have been a myth, that isn't the point here.

Another gem by this particular historian where she claimed this below painting from Rajasthan was about Krishna pointing towards Eid moon. Wrong on both counts....not from Rajasthan, nothing to do with Eid ka chand Clarification on painting supposedly depicting “Eid ka Chand”

Attracted many reactions back then and history lessons to boot, unfortunately many tweets deleted, handles like TrueIndology banned....summary of what transpired Is lying for plurality and inclusivity okay?

l

@Gollum

Thank you for the educational posts.

My post was more to do with present day Muslims celebrating it than the genesis of the festival. 

I would guess that some Mughal king would have picked up a local practice that existed since aeons, added some masala to it and passed it off as his own. Some court historian in his zeal to please the king would have waxed eloquent on the 'original' idea in his court memoirs. I don't think the general perception among people is that RB is a Mughal invention.

This is the reason I really dislike history. Its all he said she said, and many sources can't be vetted. One believes in stuff that supports ones' narrative.

As far as Raksha Bandhan is concerned, every girl should partake. Wonder weapon to bro-zone/friend-zone!

Edited by Mariyam