Rajiv Gandhi

ravishingravi

Intriguing figure in Indian politics. When I was working Sriperumbudur, I saw this immense love for the man who was killed there. Down south a section will always vote for congress, because of this man. People talk about him bringing computers to India ( A well propagated lie ). Then there is Shaha Bano, the most dark chapter for secularism anywhere ( something they are quick to shove under the carpet ). And to cap it off Bofors - probably the biggest defence scam in our history.

The connect however with this man is at a different level. He is almost considered as a sorry figure that is beyond reproach even he incited violence against sikhs. I am just amazed at the reaction that Modi got for his remarks on Rajiv Gandhi, which were not far off from general perception of his govt. The writers and institutions were disoriented by attack on this man. Attack on the current PM with choicest words seems okay though.

https://twitter.com/Shehzad_Ind/status/1125690876439609344

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Intriguing figure in Indian politics. When I was working Sriperumbudur, I saw this immense love for the man who was killed there. Down south a section will always vote for congress, because of this man. People talk about him bringing computers to India ( A well propagated lie ). Then there is Shaha Bano, the most dark chapter for secularism anywhere ( something they are quick to shove under the carpet ). And to cap it off Bofors - probably the biggest defence scam in our history.

The connect however with this man is at a different level. He is almost considered as a sorry figure that is beyond reproach even he incited violence against sikhs. I am just amazed at the reaction that Modi got for his remarks on Rajiv Gandhi, which were not far off from general perception of his govt. The writers and institutions were disoriented by attack on this man. Attack on the current PM with choicest words seems okay though.

https://twitter.com/Shehzad_Ind/status/1125690876439609344

Our current PM tolerating rubbish like this is a key indicator that he is a better leader. people can criticize him which is the basic element of democracy. He is like Dhoni. Dhoni has said that the crowd can support even the opposite team if they paid their money for the tickets.

Rajiv is like Sachin. Submit to me or get beheaded :fear1:

For sure, he had more of his father than him.Polite and Humble.

However, he had no clue of governance and the dealings that happened under his nose.When he got to know, it was probably a bit too late.The sycophants had siphoned off the country itself.

India has lost at least 30 years due to bad governance.Hopefully, such travesty will no longer happen.

The Man who organized a state sponsored  genocide , a first of it's kind in Independent India against a tiny community in broad daylight in the Capital of the country. 

You can imagine the dishonesty of the Indian Liberals when they consider this Man and his party as the beacon of Secularism and minority rights. 

2 hours ago, rageaddict said:

The Man who organized a state sponsored  genocide , a first of it's kind in Independent India against a tiny community in broad daylight in the Capital of the country. 

You can imagine the dishonesty of the Indian Liberals when they consider this Man and his party as the beacon of Secularism and minority rights. 

lefties have this tendency. Atal & Advani's initial rise was on the mandir issue and then congress went into churning post Rajiv's assassination. Both Atal & Advani are referred to somewhat fondly these days and Modi sarkar is seen as fascist. 

Tomorrow if someone like Yogi (personally i hope not, i think India needs a business centric leader for long) ends up as PM, Modi might be remembered fondly :phehe:

Edited by Clarke

Modi raising issue of using INS Viraat for Gandhi vacations. He seems to be really following twitterati. There was a report published in Indian express about Rajiv , in laws and Amitabh Bachan and his relative who had issues with Swiss bank money and foreigners. The had to setup poultry farms, bring water and lots of fruits and makeshift camping for Rajiv and family to enjoy vacation. The money spent on all this and moving INS viraat along with submarines is crazy. This should have been raised long time ago. Hopefully liberals criticize this. @ProudLiberal @Gollum 

Edited by gattaca

35 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Modi raising issue of using INS Viraat for Gandhi vacations. He seems to be really following twitterati. There was a report published in Indian express about Rajiv , in laws and Amitabh Bachan and his relative who had issues with Swiss bank money and foreigners. The had to setup poultry farms, bring water and lots of fruits and makeshift camping for Rajiv and family to enjoy vacation. The money spent on all this and moving INS viraat along with submarines is crazy. This should have been raised long time ago. Hopefully liberals criticize this. @ProudLiberal @Gollum 

I think PM at this point is not bothered about messaging. He just wants to bludgeon the congress, it’s pidis, the writers, intellectuals into submission. 

13 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I think PM at this point is not bothered about messaging. He just wants to bludgeon the congress, it’s pidis, the writers, intellectuals into submission. 

Even if you look posters like @Gollum he feels we shouldn’t point out mistakes committed by Rajiv Gandhi. How are we going to learn if we don’t even accept mistakes.

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Bingo.He wants them to fight a reactive battle where they are only defending themselves.

Man is a genius.

3 hours ago, Adi BB said:

Modi is playing with his name smartly with the last 2 phases having good amount of seats in Sikh ,punjabi dominated areas 

May be this the reason Delhi and Punjab. I want to see what amarender does.

9 hours ago, gattaca said:

I agree, wonder how we missed this story for so long when it was available in archives of many news websites. And these buggers break their bangles every time Modi goes on a foreign trip to secure India's strategic interests. Hey but this is typical Congress ecosystem, class is visible. When NDA appointee Prez Kalam entered Rasthtrapati Bhavan he came in with 1 trunk-case, later left the building with 1 trunk-case on completion of tenure. UPA darling Pratibha left with dozens of trucks, even taking away all gifts she received from foreign dignitaries....ideally those gifts are supposed to stay in Rashtrapati Bhavan museum. The sense of entitlement is baffling, almost unprecedented in this century. 

More than the costs how did Indian Navy allow Sonia's relatives and other Italians inside the carrier, for all we know they might not have been her acquaintances. They are as much to blame over here, @surajmal was spot on about our armed forces. They aren't immune to Congress overtures and have reduced this country to a joke, this must make national news. 

I doubt you will get response from liberals, especially the pidi journos. They will be busy covering the tracks of their past crimes lest more skeletons in the closet are discovered, and why attack the mouth that feeds them? Anyway if you ever see a response from their likes, do feel free to tag me. I am a pessimist in these matters so not expecting much from these dheele characters...but always happy to be surprised. 

Edited by Gollum

5 hours ago, gattaca said:

Even if you look posters like @Gollum he feels we shouldn’t point out mistakes committed by Rajiv Gandhi. How are we going to learn if we don’t even accept mistakes.

I never said that, nobody is beyond reproach. I said it must be done in a statesmanlike manner, especially coming from higher ranks. 

4 hours ago, Adi BB said:

Modi is playing with his name smartly with the last 2 phases having good amount of seats in Sikh ,punjabi dominated areas 

Now is the time to bring up Warren Anderson's name in his speeches. Can't believe how the ecosystem brushed Bhopal gas tragedy under the carpet. Anti-Sikh riots and this industrial catastrophe in the same year, Rajiv was involved in both and a year later the Shah Bano controversy, how inept (and evil...) was our then PM !!!

Edited by Gollum