England vs Pak 3rd ODI

Just now, zen said:

I hope Ind does not try to play safe cricket and reach 300 on such pitches thinking that bowling will bail it out. Bowlers need par scores to be effective and play under relatively less pressure 

Let us see England have someone like Stokes who can bat at no.4 and bowl a few

Their opening bowler Woakes is a very good batsman

Their main spinner Ali can smack the ball and hit 100s

we have Pandya,Jadhav,Shankar and Jadeja

They have Butler and Bairstow

we have DK and Dhoni

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Let us see England have someone like Stokes who can bat at no.4 and bowl a few

Their opening bowler Woakes is a very good batsman

Their main spinner Ali can smack the ball and hit 100s

we have Pandya,Jadhav,Shankar and Jadeja

They have Butler and Bairstow

we have DK and Dhoni

Doesn’t matter. To win, you have to play well with what you have. We cannot go to a race with a family sedan and give excuses on why we cannot drive fast enough. In that case, we should not be in the race 

And the reason why poor teams lose, good ones win. If we are a good team, we have to play like one 

Take what benefits Rohit out of your mind for a change! 

16 minutes ago, zen said:

I hope Ind does not try to play safe cricket and reach 300 on such pitches thinking that bowling will bail it out. Bowlers need par scores to be effective and play under relatively less pressure 

I'm fairly confident of our bowling, it's the batting which worries me especially our strategy to go for big hitting only during the death or last 10 overs. Eng played superbly in the middle overs, rotated the strike, hit all around without being uncomfortable when they lost set batsmen. Would be delighted to be proven wrong if our ship sails smoothly even when we'd be 140/3 at 25 overs with our top 3 back in the pavilion. Our batsmen couldn't afford tuk-tuk on these tracks. 

4 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

I'm fairly confident of our bowling, it's the batting which worries me especially our strategy to go for big hitting only during the death or last 10 overs. Eng played superbly in the middle overs, rotated the strike, hit all around without being uncomfortable when they lost set batsmen. Would be delighted to be proven wrong if our ship sails smoothly even when we'd be 140/3 at 25 overs with our top 3 back in the pavilion. Our batsmen couldn't afford tuk-tuk on these tracks. 

Exactly, there is no reason to not score at the required RR if you play smart cricket. The culprit here is black and white thinking where either you tuk-tuk or hit, and when playing aggressively means slogging only and getting out 

Playing aggressively means actively looking for runs. Not missing out on runs by using gaps, getting the bad balls away, smartly creating opportunities if the bowlers are bowling well, etc 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Man these guys are a decade ahead of us when it comes to ODI batting :((.

I have said it before but just to reiterate, Ind doesn't have the talent to match as well, so we should sit back and admire the skills. Also this series as a microcosm for the WC, should make Virat rethink about certain players in his squad , that's if he cares.

15 minutes ago, Norman said:

Lol when? :giggle:

He is either a closet pakistani/liberandus/muslim. His gig is to go around accusing others as pakistains and do a hit and run here and there. He wasnt here when the pulwama terror attacks happened. No comment from him. Its high time that his fans @Laaloo and others notice this about him. He also trollvoted the guy he was replying to. Seems he is that much of a shaheen afridi fan for him to do that :giggle:

51 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I have said it before but just to reiterate, Ind doesn't have the talent to match as well, so we should sit back and admire the skills. Also this series as a microcosm for the WC, should make Virat rethink about certain players in his squad , that's if he cares.

Maybe but I don't think the gulf between the 2 batting line-ups would be this huge if our TM didn't have a fetish for has beens/ hacks/ journeymen. 

If Pak can smash 350+ in consecutive matches then boy we are in for a runfest at the WC lol (weather conditions permitting). Indians will be licking their lips.

India is best prepared for these phattas by selecting three spinners.

Eng are batting like beasts now..but wait until the WC starts..they will choke in the knockout stages...again.

16 hours ago, Norman said:

Lol when? :giggle:

He averages 26 in ODIs even after these horror series. Averages 23 vs SA in ODIs and 26 in tests. How is he not doing well for such a young kid who is only 19? Just because we didnt have the balls to give our under 19 a chance?