WC19 | M32 | Eng vs Aus | London | June 25th @ 5.30 AM EST

zen

1 minute ago, Dil Dil India said:

They would have to beat India. I don't see that happening. Our bowling is too good for Bangladesh 9 out of 10 times.

They don't have to beat India if England lose all their matches, and Pakistan win only one.All they to do is beat Pakistan and they are in?

3 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Unless I am mistaken, England can go through even if they don't win any of the games remaining...but for that Pakistan will have to lose to both NZ and Bangladesh. If Pakistan lose tomorrow it's game over I think.

If Pak lose to Ban then Ban will have 9 points while England will remain at 8 if they don't win anymore

8 minutes ago, nevada said:

I actually like the English team. Stokes, Buttler, Bairstow are exciting to watch. But they overdid the big scoring thing and became one dimensional with dependency on roads. The commentators went into overdrive about how great the team is and turned off many a neutral fan who liked their entertaining brand of cricket. 

They became what India used to be.  Batting heavy.  If for some reason the batting did not click, they were left licking their wounds.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Batting depth will be of no use if top order cannot do its job.England is proving again that theory.

Batting depth is a double edged sword. While it gives freedom to batsmen to play positively, it also makes them irresponsible due to perceived "no crisis" at any moment.

England and SA have swapped roles this time..

SA slumped to a poor performance and went straight out of the tournament, like what England normally do

England, despite having one of the best squads choke against any decent bowling attack and exit unexpectedly, like what SA normally do.