India scored 63 of 60 balls in last 10 overs with 6 wickets in hand

I think we need to be pragmatic and say that the final 10 is not our forte.

However despite those flaws its reasonable to expect to get on average 80 runs.

If we decide to start cautiously in the first 10 that means we have 30 overs left in which to score.

So we need to make a call to be around 50 runs in the first 10 instead of 27 which we were against England 

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

rashid has been horribly off-colour. many could have thrashed him. Wahab's career SR is 86. Hardly what I would call a hard hitter. likes of plunkett, rashid, moeen are genuine lower order hitters.

and what about cummins? an avg of 10.4 and a SR of 72 qualifies as a hard hitter? By this logic, I am sure Bhuvi is an even harder hitter.

Wahab has played some quickfire cameos. They had Nile at 8 in earlier games. Also it is not just about being hard hitter for a lower order batsman but staying at the crease and support the main batsman like wahab did with Imad. They both are perfectly capable of doing that. Aus also has Starc who is no mug. 

Team Management and Dhoni fans - "Dhoni has all the experience. He knows what he is doing. He can assess the pitch and exactly calculate what is the par score. However, any other player going at run a ball is slow, selfish and not batting in team interest. In tests going at SR of 35-40 is a CRIME and therefore such players deserve to be dropped. Dhoni is a great player. Others should not raise any questions on his"

England has already proven that this Indian team cannot withstand a stiff challenge from a strong team. Our outdated tactics work only against lesser opposition like Afg, WI, etc. Even BD could have chased down our sub par total yesterday. Because our lower order sucks and needs to be carried, the openers and Kohli bat slow, aiming to bat till the 50th. When Dhoni bats, he piles up the dot balls and causes his batting partner to self destruct as the pressure builds. I hope we get lucky with the toss, bat first and put up big totals with mostly top 3 contributions in the SF and Final. 

England has already proven that this Indian team cannot withstand a stiff challenge from a strong team. Our outdated tactics work only against lesser opposition like Afg, WI, etc. Even BD could have chased down our sub par total yesterday. Because our lower order sucks and needs to be carried, the openers and Kohli bat slow, aiming to bat till the 50th. When Dhoni bats, he piles up the dot balls and causes his batting partner to self destruct as the pressure builds. I hope we get lucky with the toss, bat first and put up big totals with mostly top 3 contributions in the SF and Final. 
We beat Australia with those tactics.Problem is not with tactics it's implementation we have good middle order with pant in the side.Batting first has tremendous advantage no team has been able to chase decent totals.
5 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

And for god sake why did bewda and mr anushka drop jadhav when dhoni was the culprit,now we are further handicapped in case one bowler has an off day with no 6 th bowling option.terrible team building.

Jadhav was rightly dropped as he was not useful in bowling too. The Team Management missed a trick yesterday by selecting KKD isntead of Jadeja. Jadeja would've been handy yesterday and always an ace fielder. Would'nt had batted worse than KKD.

Perhaps they gave KKD a change as he was sitting on bench for long. I don't think KKD will get any more chances as either Jaddu or Kuldeep (in place of Shami) or both will be back in the team.

Shami is tking wickets but leaking too many runs... I think India will revert back to Bhumrah, Bhuvi, HaPa, Chahal & Kuldeep with Jaddu as sixth bowler.