Manju strikes back vs Jadeja

sage

21 minutes ago, flamy said:

They are paid to analyse, and so they will analyse. :dontknow:

The argument should be on his analysis, not his cricketing career. (the post I was replying to)

The very assumption that Sanju is doing analysis is falling into his trap. Analysis expectect from Sanju is about technique, weakness, strength, conditions, in play situation , strategy and the game itself. Not stats guru. But then again, best analysis you get from Sanju is “bits and pieces”

So, my problem is. I don’t want crass,offensive ,disrespectful, egoistic analysis on BCCI/ICC payroll. Pvt channels can pay Basit Ali. They can pay Manju too. Icc can’t justify Manju

Edited by mishra
3 hours ago, Vijy said:

Sanju seems to have forgotten to add: Jadhav has 9 wkts in 13 matches (where he bowled only 10 innings) against NZ at an avg of 29.00 and an ER of 4.92. Thus, Jadhav almost has 1 wkt per innings against NZ.

I think he said 'Get Jadhav In' and then decide on other spinners based on stats and conditions.. 

He is not wrong this time... but, again, he shouldn't have named Jadeja in his original comment

^ See, most analyst put a view who should be in playing 11 and who shouldn’t, based on stats. They are entitled to have their opinion. But they aren’t disrespectful or making offensive comments towards them players

Edited by mishra

Manju has become like one of our resident stats manipulator. Jaddu last played against NZ was way back in 2014. Even there his ER was not that bad. It was his 2010 outing against NZ was bad. For christsake it was so old that they had Jacob Oram, Tuffey, Styris in that squad.

Jadeja should play in place of Jadhav as all-rounder,6th bowler & not in place of KulCha.

Kuldeep,Chahal,Bhuvi,Shami are competing for 2-3 spots.If TM is brave,they can play all 4 of them & not play either of Jadhav,Jadeja or DK. This way 5 proper bowlers & Hardik as 6th bowler. 

Nothing about Striking or abusing

its all Dhoni plan to

motivate Jaddu indirectly. See what happend in last match and u ll see MOM performance in NZ game.

its Dhoni advice to Manju to tweet -ve about jaddu

u might see few more before final

6 hours ago, mishra said:

The very assumption that Sanju is doing analysis is falling into his trap. Analysis expectect from Sanju is about technique, weakness, strength, conditions, in play situation , strategy and the game itself. Not stats guru. But then again, best analysis you get from Sanju is “bits and pieces”

So, my problem is. I don’t want crass,offensive ,disrespectful, egoistic analysis on BCCI/ICC payroll. Pvt channels can pay Basit Ali. They can pay Manju too. Icc can’t justify Manju

Statsguru is one of the tools for analysis, sheesh. Plus, in this case, I actually happen to agree with him, because Jaddu will not do well on a fresh pitch. However, I'd pick Jaddu in place of Jadhav, and maybe play 3 seamers with Chahal in there. 

Using stats to push an agenda, I get your issue. But posters, or even Jaddu, speaking of Manjrekar's record is a logical fallacy. It is like saying movie critics need to be moviemakers. That is all the point I am positing here.