A country satisfied with mediocrity

Just now, Mirpur express said:

I'm enjoying this

If Australia had Warner and Smith you wouldn't have won test series in Australia. Chalo wapas karo beta.

Lol how is that the same thing? We won in Australia- reality 

You said had you qualified you would beat India- wet dream

Farak smajhte ho dhakkan?

Here is another thing, if Kohli's doesn't resign after this epic failure.

Then India as a cricket team will never advance or progress.

Him not resigning basically sends message that reaching SF was good achievement. 

Didn't happen after 2015 failure. 

Players on head is stuck up their own.....

Same goes for coach and selectors. 

I am absolutely amazed at how the social media and Twitterattis are reacting to this defeat !

They are so cool and recating as if we won the cup, how great we performed and what a champion team we are!

In reality ,getting into the semis of an already depleted field (cricketing nations I.e) is a nothing achievement for the world's richest cricket board, highest paid cricketers and the only sport which is followed religiously. 

Now please dont compare with England ,there priorities lie in different sports and they win plenty of Olympic medals we can dream .

This team doesn't deserve any sort of felicitation !

Any proper cricketing fan knew this team will blow up in one of the KOs and it happened ,only deluded fools thought of this team as world beaters 

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

This forum is on rant mode even when we win. :phehe: News media, social media is full of how we played good cricket and it's disheartening to lose but it's just a game. While I am happy that Indian fans are maturing rather than burning Cricketers houses, I also fear Cricketers are taking this for granted. They are not paid in millions to lose like losers in knockouts. After CT finals they should have had some shame and determined to win this World Cup not repeating the same mistakes.

Dont invest so much emotionally to this team.

I learnt it the hard way ,now it doesn't matter too much.when the team itself is deluded and not ready to acknowledge its weakness why are we so bothered ?

I think kohli himself isnt too much into these ICC tournaments ,he only wants to excel in the tests and you see him  go gaga whenever the test season arrives 

3 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

I am absolutely amazed at how the social media and Twitterattis are reacting to this defeat !

They are so cool and recating as if we won the cup, how great we performed and what a champion team we are!

In reality ,getting into the semis of an already depleted field (cricketing nations I.e) is a nothing achievement for the world's richest cricket board, highest paid cricketers and the only sport which is followed religiously. 

Now please dont compare with England ,there priorities lie in different sports and they win plenty of Olympic medals we can dream .

Any proper cricketing fan knew this team will blow up in one of the KOs and it happened ,only deluded fools thought of this team as world beaters 

I think the popular media doesn’t show tweets of the actual fans who are disappointed, some fake Dhoni PR bots.

Surprisingly cheerleaders like cskbuzz and sportstak have said India looked one dimensional and kind of criticized Dhoni. 

1 minute ago, Adi BB said:

Dont invest so much emotionally to this team.

I learnt it the hard way ,now it doesn't matter too much.when the team itself is deluded and not ready to acknowledge its weakness why are we so bothered ?

I think kohli himself isnt too much into these ICC tournaments ,he only wants to excel in the tests and you see him  go gaga whenever the test season arrives 

Lol no, he goes gaga because he is winning there and has a good team.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think the popular media doesn’t show tweets of the actual fans who are disappointed, some fake Dhoni PR bots.

Surprisingly cheerleaders like cskbuzz and sportstak have said India looked one dimensional and kind of criticized Dhoni. 

But my friends (hardly knowledgeable cricket fans but still fans) and relatives posting on FB as if India won the damn thing ?? It's a common trend I am seeing nowadays, same happened after the 2016 Wt20 exit 

13 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Spot on. Praising millionaire players & coaches for doing the bare minimum of reaching the semis (only 10 teams of which half are useless)  just smacks of mediocrity. 

One has to see what really was our preparation prior to the WC? F'ing two months of Tamasha league where they gave it their all to win side money. While teams like pak/BD/WI/etc were playing matches in alien condition to get prepared. 

Our players were getting small niggles/extra pressure to do well in IPL. Mental fatigue is a real thing.

1 hour ago, Adi BB said:

But my friends (hardly knowledgeable cricket fans but still fans) and relatives posting on FB as if India won the damn thing ?? It's a common trend I am seeing nowadays, same happened after the 2016 Wt20 exit 

lol my fb feed is full of people saying pitch conditions changed overnight and saying no one person to blame, go get them in 2023.

:facepalm:

5 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Well it's like this for the England football team. They get treated like heroes for getting to the semi finals of the World Cup or European Cup. What's worse is that they continue to make documentaries of these 'achievements' 20 years later.

Only difference is that England is competing against 32 very very strong teams in 90 minute matches where a freak kick or a pass can eliminate anyone on anyday.

In comparison we are competing in a sport where there are couple of strong teams namely 2 to be precise in Eng and Aus

7 hours ago, Pollack said:

India, a country with population in billions with arguably biggest Cricket fanbase (crazy or casual). BCCI richest board minting loads of money. Decent infrastructure and reach within the country in this decade.

Cricketers are like treated like Gods and paid in millions. Taking into view the above, it's amazing to see people satisfied with India reaching semi finals. Ridiculous. :facepalm:

Why are we satisfied with mediocrity?

Because we have chalta hai attitude, easily get complacent and hero worshipping gives these a-holes a sense of entitlement. Why do you think people like Ailaa, Thala stick around beyond their sell date. If it was England or Aus, these morons would be banished before they quit on their own.

11 hours ago, dragonfly said:

Embarrassing to lose to a country with a population of 5 million. Cricket isn't even their first game.

Add to that NZ were in terrible form coming into this game.

One of the worst losses, even bigger than CT17 as that pak team was better than this nz one.

Thank our luck Smith/Warner were not there during the test series, otherwise it would have been one whole year of embarrassing cricket