VIRAT KOHLI UNLIKELY TO SKIP WEST INDIES TOUR

8 hours ago, vijay50 said:

Good stuff Rat. Tendulkar never skipped playing for his country except injury. You do the same. Past is past.

Skip games only against Afghanistan, Zimbabwe. Otherwise you are good to go.

Tendulkar didn't tour West Indies in 2006 and 2011. Preferred to spend time with his family holidaying in UK watching Wimbledon. 

15 hours ago, veer said:

Hate towards Kohli is unbelievable here.. ..one notch below Dhoni but still i thought we were 'Indian Cricket fans'.. 

I love Kohli the batsman

I hate the egotistical despot he has become because of how much power he now wields

As they say, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

He needs to go back to being just a normal batsman and go down in history as one of GOATs

I don't care about Kohli's ego.The main point is this the third knockout match in a row he has flopped miserably. 2015 semis, CT final and 2019 semis.Add to these failures all the fourth innings flops in test matches.

You don't have right to be called best batsman when you consistently flop under pressure.I always thought Kohli would handle pressure much better than Sachin but he has flopped more than Sachin.

I defended Kohli and always gave him benefit of doubt but what he did against NZ has no defense.

We can do all song and dance about Dhoni but Kohli in my eyes is the biggest culprit, all he needed was stay on the wicket and stablize one end.What is the point in him having all those records when he fails to deliver in crunch time again and again.

Edited by putrevus
On 7/15/2019 at 7:16 PM, putrevus said:

Kohli's records have no meaning after his horrendous show in world cup.I blame him the most for the batting debacle, he has let down everyone with his monumental failure.

But still he is better than Sachin already. 

6 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

Tendulkar didn't tour West Indies in 2006 and 2011. Preferred to spend time with his family holidaying in UK watching Wimbledon. 

He regret no touring Windies in 2006 when India won series in Windieis for the first. time in ages under Dravid. I still remember Tendulkar's comments and we never used to win away test series those days so it was a rare test series win away from home. 

Tendulkar was injured that time and still recovering and hence did not go, otherwise would have definitely gone. 

6 minutes ago, Number said:

But still he is better than Sachin already. 

No he is not, Sachin atleast delivered on few occasions under pressure, Kohli is still yet to show that, you cannot get out for single digit score chasing that low total.Your primary objective is to survive , he looked like he had no clue on how to handle that little swing.

2015 and CT I gave him benefit of doubt as India was chasing 330 plus but here all we needed was some top order batsman to stay on the wicket.

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He regret no touring Windies in 2006 when India won series in Windieis for the first. time in ages under Dravid. I still remember Tendulkar's comments and we never used to win away test series those days so it was a rare test series win away from home. 

Tendulkar was injured that time and still recovering and hence did not go, otherwise would have definitely gone. 

2011 he was on high and mentally gone from the game.What he did was despicable, he should have called it quits after 2011 world cup but he was busy enjoying Wimbledon and he was so unprepared for that tour.

18 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Hate is a wrong word I would use disappointed. I doubt any of the posters you quoted won't acknowledge he is our best batsman but look at how Smith, Williamson and root did in KO and compare with virat. 

Really? He got absolute jaffer from Boult that got him.. that could have missed stump by a millimeter.. I agree Kohli is a pathetic captain and we won't win any trophy under him.. but damn .. i would put that to lack of leadership skills and dont diss him because of that..

1 hour ago, veer said:

Really? He got absolute jaffer from Boult that got him.. that could have missed stump by a millimeter.. I agree Kohli is a pathetic captain and we won't win any trophy under him.. but damn .. i would put that to lack of leadership skills and dont diss him because of that..

Have you ever given thought to possibility that in a knockout every player raises their game. jaffer is expected right from word go. Same bowler won’t be bowling jaffer in not a crunch game..

Kohli is technically susceptible to left are pacers. He is our best bat. He should have resolved this issue 7 years back. 

And people here are critical to his captaincy, selection tantrum and mood swings 

6 hours ago, veer said:

Going to take you back to 03 and 11 WC. Let me know if you saw difference between Zaheer 1st over to gilly and his 1st over to SL batsman. 

Same Kohli came at 4 in 11. We were 2 down for nothing he only put 30 odd but that built a foundation. Had he done the same who know what would have happened. 

Best point I heard was in semis our 4,5,6,7,8 were all No 6. You can't win semis with so many no 6. It's the captain who missed it even when calling replacements. 

Edited by jf1gp_1
5 hours ago, mishra said:

Have you ever given thought to possibility that in a knockout every player raises their game. jaffer is expected right from word go. Same bowler won’t be bowling jaffer in not a crunch game..

Kohli is technically susceptible to left are pacers. He is our best bat. He should have resolved this issue 7 years back. 

And people here are critical to his captaincy, selection tantrum and mood swings 

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Going to take you back to 03 and 11 WC. Let me know if you saw difference between Zaheer 1st over to gilly and his 1st over to SL batsman. 

Same Kohli came at 4 in 11. We were 2 down for nothing he only put 30 odd but that built a foundation. Had he done the same who know what would have happened. 

Best point I heard was in semis our 4,5,6,7,8 were all No 6. You can't win semis with so many no 6. It's the captain who missed it even when calling replacements. 

Trust me.. I know what you guys saying.. I may be more pissed at Kohli than you guys and I know he ain't a captain material.. he is one of those who would win matches for India on his own but fail to pull the entire team with him, like Williamson.. but, in this thread, you or some others blaming or cursing him for taking part in windies tour... That ain't fair.. Our admins got no balls to boot him out from captainship.. Rohit should be ODI and 20 captain and Kohli can be test captain... (Actually now Rohit should be back in test side..he is grinding well these days)

3 minutes ago, veer said:

but, in this thread, you or some others blaming or cursing him for taking part in windies tour... That ain't fair..

People are blaming him because using WI,Zim tours for trying out fresh talent and resting senior  players has become a norm now .

He has been skipping these tours,so what happened now?

Insecurity ...?

Rohit has been covering as skipper on these tours earlier too...

Why would he want to take place of a  youngster who could be tried ?

His reasons are selfish ,that is why people are upset.

On 7/16/2019 at 9:22 AM, putrevus said:

I don't care about Kohli's ego.The main point is this the third knockout match in a row he has flopped miserably. 2015 semis, CT final and 2019 semis.Add to these failures all the fourth innings flops in test matches.

You don't have right to be called best batsman when you consistently flop under pressure.I always thought Kohli would handle pressure much better than Sachin but he has flopped more than Sachin.

I defended Kohli and always gave him benefit of doubt but what he did against NZ has no defense.

We can do all song and dance about Dhoni but Kohli in my eyes is the biggest culprit, all he needed was stay on the wicket and stablize one end.What is the point in him having all those records when he fails to deliver in crunch time again and again.

I guess loss of Dhawan and absence / consistent failure of no.4 ended up making Kohli a bit tentative in knockout.

if you see he made 5 50s in league. That is a man in form.I think captaincy and unreliable 1 and 4 just put too much pressure on him.

He will make amends when relieved of captaincy and good players around him comes through.