Shreyas Iyer's whining continues.

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

Shreyas is in the sanskari mould...

On topic...he does whine a little but I think it gets exaggerated by his whiny voice and tone. 

this shreyas guy reminds me of the actor who plays the big brother cricketer in the Netflix indian series - Selection day. same kinda face and voice

He is a decent bat, but if you watch his backlift, you'll notice his bat comes down from between the keeper and first slip. It makes him a very strong driver. However, he will always face problems playing the horizontal bat shots against quick Intl class bowling. 

It is also the reason why he struggles to maneuver the ball into gaps and rotate the strike. Not the answer to our LOI batting problems, I'm afraid. Gill, Gaikwad even Manish Pandey seem like better options.

Here he goes again.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27274369/if-great-talent,-need-shreyas-iyer

"Great talent", "There was a lot of buzz about me"

Let's hope his actual international performance can cash the large cheques his big mouth is writing.

Also, is there a Pakistani cricketer in his genes, perchance?

But he wants to have some sort of continuity in the side, because "getting in and out of the team doesn't create a good pattern."

"If you are really a good talent, then you need a certain amount of chances to prove yourself and get acclimatised to the conditions," PTI quoted Iyer as saying. "If you keep coming in and going out [of the team], it doesn't really set a good pattern for one's self and you start disbelieving yourself. If you are a great talent, then you need some time."

"There was a lot of buzz about me before the World Cup selection because I was consistent and aware about the hard work and smart work that I had put in. It will definitely reap benefits and help me in future when I play for India. I just kept myself positive and always in high spirits. It didn't disturb me from inside at all. It was a dream to play the World Cup and I will play for sure in the future."

40 minutes ago, beetle said:

Firstly....he is not great.

He is barely there...

Secondly...even if one is great,who says that himself ?

Sounds like SRK instead of a cricketer.

You mean KRK? :laugh:

Btw he has to start performing and do less talking. Now that he has gotten chance in odis & t20s so he should prove himself. Been hearing lots of hype all created by himself till now.

Edited by Nikola
30 minutes ago, beetle said:

Firstly....he is not great.

He is barely there...

Secondly...even if one is great,who says that himself ?

Sounds like SRK instead of a cricketer.

Did he top the runs charts in the recent A-series games in the West indies or previous Ranji season? He doesnt have the god given right to a place in Indian team

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

This guy does has some attitude but he is still our best bet after Rat.  The guy does have leadership abilities.  If he establishes himself in the team he can be made VC & who knows he may well lead the side in future.  He is only 24 btw. 

Idk about leadership qualities but when ever i look at him i feel life sucks and he looks so depressed and negative. Idk but something looks really wrong with him.

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

This guy does has some attitude but he is still our best bet after Rat.  The guy does have leadership abilities.  If he establishes himself in the team he can be made VC & who knows he may well lead the side in future.  He is only 24 btw. 

He is not even part of the first class setup as part of the A-team.. Let him establish himself in all 3 forms of the game before comparing to the rat or calling himself a "great talent"

1 hour ago, beetle said:

This guy is so full of himself..

It is irritating.

Who calls himself a great talent ?

I don't mind his bragging if he can back it up with solid batting performance. Imagine the ruckus if he scores a century or two - he will scream and roar louder than brat :laugh:

2 hours ago, diga said:

He is not even part of the first class setup as part of the A-team.. Let him establish himself in all 3 forms of the game before comparing to the rat or calling himself a "great talent"

A Captain doesn't needs to be best batsman in the side.  Maybe Gill or Shaw will be our best batters in future.  However as I said he first needs to establish himself in the side.  Morgan isn't England's best batter but he is their skipper.  Same thing can happen for Iyer.

14 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

A Captain doesn't needs to be best batsman in the side.  Maybe Gill or Shaw will be our best batters in future.  However as I said he first needs to establish himself in the side.  Morgan isn't England's best batter but he is their skipper.  Same thing can happen for Iyer.

forget being part of all 3 forms, let him first be a permanent fixture in any one of the sides.. then we talk