Alcohol claimed to be key to humanity's survival

Alam_dar

36 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

As of now...the only fix for hangover is moderate consumption of Alcohol. I rarely get a hangover since I know my limits & enjoy my spirits but once in a while when there is a occasion when friends/relatives get together....it can go over the limit. It did happen on my previous visit to California last year. vacation time....drinking everyday but one day it got way over limit and next day was severe hangover even though I woke up late in the morning....That evening again everyone ready to drink.....I was like 'No way I feel like drinking today'.....I was suggested to have a couple of drinks to feel better....I was surprised to experience that it killed the hangover. :wp3:

Mostly if u mix drinks, chances of getting hangovers are less. It's only when you drink neat, you have a higher chance of getting a hangover .

I for one have never got a hangover. I drink only one or two pegs neat, and the rest mixed. It depends on body functioning as well.

I have had bad trips from weed though, one time I had it thru bong, I was almost unconscious .

57 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Mixing drinks for me was during college days when budget was low & it was all about a quick buzz....also weed & Rock Music was the best combo back then...Now it's family time.....I don't drink neat but my capacity is 6 drinks of 50ml ( Usually I have about four ). Whenever during company of heavy drinkers, I have had 8 to 9 drinks ( very rare )....then hangover happens. 

I have never tried 8-9 drinks. I think my body wouldn't handle it, I'd pass out. It depends on size of the body, and I'm 5'5 and 60 kgs, so 8-9 drinks wouldn't suit me. 

I usually stop at 6.

If it's beer, then 3-4 if it's 650 ml.

Weed is nice if it's on joint form. Weed with rock, reggae, classical bollywood are rhe best combos. Weed with Bong hits me hard. I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.  I've never had much of a weed tolerance. I've had weed and alcohol at the same time , pretty nice and smooth if it's in the right combination.

8 hours ago, Under_Score said:

As of now...the only fix for hangover is moderate consumption of Alcohol. I rarely get a hangover since I know my limits & enjoy my spirits but once in a while when there is a occasion when friends/relatives get together....it can go over the limit. It did happen on my previous visit to California last year. vacation time....drinking everyday but one day it got way over limit and next day was severe hangover even though I woke up late in the morning....That evening again everyone ready to drink.....I was like 'No way I feel like drinking today'.....I was suggested to have a couple of drinks to feel better....I was surprised to experience that it killed the hangover:wp3:

Yep, but the problem is when the couple drinks turn into 4 and then into 6 :giggle:

7 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Mostly if u mix drinks, chances of getting hangovers are less. It's only when you drink neat, you have a higher chance of getting a hangover .

I for one have never got a hangover. I drink only one or two pegs neat, and the rest mixed. It depends on body functioning as well.

I have had bad trips from weed though, one time I had it thru bong, I was almost unconscious .

Mixing doesnt change anything. If you drink half a bottle of vodka mixed with coke you're still gonna feel bad the next day.

As of now...the only fix for hangover is moderate consumption of Alcohol. I rarely get a hangover since I know my limits & enjoy my spirits but once in a while when there is a occasion when friends/relatives get together....it can go over the limit. It did happen on my previous visit to California last year. vacation time....drinking everyday but one day it got way over limit and next day was severe hangover even though I woke up late in the morning....That evening again everyone ready to drink.....I was like 'No way I feel like drinking today'.....I was suggested to have a couple of drinks to feel better....I was surprised to experience that it killed the hangover. :wp3:

What's moderate? Pavva? Addha? Botal?

Mixing drinks for me was during college days when budget was low & it was all about a quick buzz....also weed & Rock Music was the best combo back then...Now it's family time.....I don't drink neat but my capacity is 6 drinks of 50ml ( Usually I have about four ). Whenever during company of heavy drinkers, I have had 8 to 9 drinks ( very rare )....then hangover happens. 

8/9 rounds of 50ml of hard liquor is quite high unless we drink in 4/5 hours ..

Rarely I try whisky/rum , if I get high I can't close my eyes ..

If I close my eyes , I will get a very bad feeling smiler to getting high speed spin in merry go round :lol:

8/9 rounds of 50ml of hard liquor is quite high unless we drink in 4/5 hours ..
Rarely I try whisky/rum , if I get high I can't close my eyes ..
If I close my eyes , I will get a very bad feeling smiler to getting high speed spin in merry go round

That's exactly how I feel when I am very high. The ones which I am sure to wake up with hangover.

I am out and out social drinker. I can go ages without drinking and not missing it. Of late it's been even rarer.

It's been about 3-4 months since I last drank. Maybe twice in 2019. All thanks to Hyderabad traffic police. I am too lazy for all that cab arrangement and stuff.

But when I do drink, I am sticking to beer nowadays and not going more than 4-5 pints.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Mixing doesnt change anything. If you drink half a bottle of vodka mixed with coke you're still gonna feel bad the next day.

Mixing dilutes/reduces the alcohol by volume(ABV%) in the stomach. Liver damage is also lesser. Neat is good in minimum quantity. Shots are the most dangerous, health wise and hangover wise.

Just now, I6MTW said:

Mixing dilutes/reduces the alcohol by volume(ABV%) in the stomach. Liver damage is also lesser. Neat is good in minimum quantity. Shots are the most dangerous, health wise and hangover wise.

What I find that has a bigger effect is how full my stomach is prior to drinking. If it's empty the alcohol will hit me almost immediately and strongly.

1 hour ago, nikred said:

But when I do drink, I am sticking to beer nowadays and not going more than 4-5 pints.

Myself too take mostly beer .. but when I drink , I end up drinking 2.5/3 liters. .. can't control

Once in between if I don't get high I order cocktails like mojito 

20 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

What I find that has a bigger effect is how full my stomach is prior to drinking. If it's empty the alcohol will hit me almost immediately and strongly.

If I drink in empty stomach , I am sure to get extreme headache/hangover next day 

20 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Yea, which is why people drink alcohol with side dishes. 

I prefer drinking before eating. Drinking after eating, isn't really fun for beer and most types of hard liquor, stomach becomes too full. Only wine and certain aperitif suit that. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

It’s called Nuun. Check it out. It’s not totally hangover curing, it’s a tablet that has a lot of vitamins and stuff packed in it, it really does make a huge difference with hangovers.

available over the counter .. let me try next time  :aha: